• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX NA2 vs Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06

EFE, what happened to your thoughtful posts? I thought that I had finally found a Z06 owner with something between the ears. I have been away from this thread for awhile, and I come back to this rubbish?

Seriously? I am pretty sure that you're the smartest of your kind (Z06 owners), but you're looking pretty dumb here.

I saw a beautiful C6 Z06 today. You just spoiled that nice car. Well done.

I think one of your own (ZR-1 NSX) said it best in Post # 185, most on this forum are immature at best and think by calling names or degrading someone you disagree with makes you or your car superior. I've tried to keep my comments to the car in question and not get personal as many of you do, I actually find this name calling and rude statements happening at most car forums which only shows me how many low class people there are no matter what kind of car they own!

There are some mature NSX owners on this site and I probably pulled there hot button a couple of times, but they still didn't revert to name calling. I wonder how some of you would react if a real troll came on this site with no motive other than to put your NSX's down and bring no real valuable information regarding a formidable car like the Z06?

I think the best thing the moderator could do at this point is erase this thread completely because I don't believe it has been constructive for either side after the last page started.

All the best,

EFE Z06

To me, the Z06's greatest appeal is as an earth shattering track car. I cannot think of any other NEW car that Id buy instead of it as a track car. GT3RS or even GT3, while great track cars, seem to me like expensive cars to stuff into a wall.

I disagree. I have friend who is an instructor. He has owned/driven Porsches, C5 Z06's and a turbo miata at the track. He owns a C6 z06 and the Turbo Miata at present. He took the stock Z06 to the track. He said that the stock brakes SUCK, and the car has an extremely difficult time putting the power down. The car came home from the DE with a loud squeeking sound. He took it to the dealer and they advised him that his roof was about to delaminate.:eek: He had the TSB done that week.

The next time he took it - he upgraded to Carbotech's XP 10's and they had 50% wear in the rear by the 2nd day. He backed off on sunday. But no roof delamination.:tongue:

So - I am helping him decide on BBK, and a coilover system. I think he is still going to have a frustrating time with the car. It is extremely fast at TWS. We were doing 155 at the end of the straight at TWS. However, IMHO that much HP needs to be in a mid engine or rear engine car. Otherwise, the phsyics of engine placement lead to poor braking and poor traction.

IMHO in that price range I would get a 996 GT3 without PCCB(1st Gen suck) or the cheapest route I can think of is a spec miata turbo. It can keep up with 993 and 996's at the track.

Last edited:
I wonder how some of you would react if a real troll came on this site with no motive other than to put your NSX's down and bring no real valuable information regarding a formidable car like the Z06?

Excuse me but isn't that exactly what you've done?

I think one of your own (ZR-1 NSX) said it best in Post # 185, most on this forum are immature at best and think by calling names or degrading someone you disagree with makes you or your car superior. I've tried to keep my comments to the car in question and not get personal as many of you do, I actually find this name calling and rude statements happening at most car forums which only shows me how many low class people there are no matter what kind of car they own!

There are some mature NSX owners on this site and I probably pulled there hot button a couple of times, but they still didn't revert to name calling. I wonder how some of you would react if a real troll came on this site with no motive other than to put your NSX's down and bring no real valuable information regarding a formidable car like the Z06?

I think the best thing the moderator could do at this point is erase this thread completely because I don't believe it has been constructive for either side after the last page started.

All the best,

EFE Z06

lets get something straight.
Your not a true corvette fan your just trying to own the newest media-toy of the year. If you were a true corvette fan you would own something classic or historic. Your seeking cool-ness from the local bench racers, or experiencing a mid-life crisis like most vette owners.

Your audience here is mostly well off and educated in this forum hence why we can afford to drive $40k+/- 15 yr old cars that usually aren't financed and a warranty is something we couldent care less about, 100k miles is basically the break in period for a NSX, and our Aluminum frame is something that is going to keep the you Vette guys trolling NSXPRIME for at least 15 more years at best.

Any one, I repeat any one on this forum that owns an NSX can probably afford to finance two media hyped Z06-7-8-9 and whatever else depreciates your car next year.

A hefty amount of NSX owners track their cars and understand and have an appreciation for a car well built for best real world driving and the track.

the lateral G's that the zo6 pull are mostly due to their r-compound street tires that last 1 oil change. This was done to hide the lateral frame weakness of the z06.

Track car builders are aware that the z06 had to be extremely rigid to hold front-back 1/4 mi type gravitational thrust that american car buyers love. Then to keep weight down they skimped on lateral rigidity.

PCA instructors at Pocono racway will confirm with you that any track driven z06 after only 10 track days or so the interior will start to squeal and rattle, and the body will show more and more signs of flex. Its a POS made to show off in magazines and get people to buy it with no promise of future value, or durability. The NSX will stay rigid for 30 years that was the design and the reason that, for an aluminum car it's heavy.

You can build any car to do whatever you want. But to build a car that does the it over and over again. Is something No corvette has ever done.

Congradulations,
Your car is faster in a straight line and handles worse than a 15 yr old NSX with equal tire compound on both cars.
Now go fix your tupe.
And put a deposit on the next z07 thats going to spank your zo6 nad make your car worth 40k by next year. :biggrin: You will be so upside down it will be great to see your face when you lose 20k the first year! :biggrin: I love it! keep the american car buyers poor! yea! :biggrin: Is'nt it great! Go ahead finance, lease, get that extended warranty! Its the american dream baby! :biggrin: Make sure you buy a new US built car every 2 years like uncle same wants you to with tax incentives! Good job!

My accountant (and friend since high school) owns a Z06, though not the latest model. Here's what he had to say:

http://www.centralcoastweb.com/nsxb/pages/review.html

I personally like them, but for a very different reason than "its better than an NSX" - because its just under a Viper for a brutal driving experience. Actually, you could get a new Shelby Mustang and have the same experience. 500HP and away you go!

What you can't reproduce, and I don't think any car maker has before or since, is the incredible quality of the driving experience you get with an NSX. It really is the best driving car I've ever been in (and I've had the opportunity to drive many a car on track and street) and truly does equal more than the sum of its parts. The car, more than any other I've experieced, has 'a soul' and I have no idea how you reproduce that.

More HP would be nice (and many of us have added a few) but even stock it fits the package perfectly. I defer to Senna (who may have known a bit more about car dynamics than most) who said it had plenty of power, came off corners well and really felt good at the limit.

Anyone care to disagree?

Its the american dream baby! :biggrin: Make sure you buy a new US built car every 2 years like uncle same wants you to with tax incentives! Good job!

What's good for General Bullmoose,
General%20Bullmoose.jpg
is good for the U.S.A.!

Sorry to bring this topic back to life...

Just wondering what some of you NSX owners thing now since 06 Z06 can be had for the similar price of mid to late 90s NSX with similar miles..

Just wondering what some of you NSX owners thing now since 06 Z06 can be had for the similar price of mid to late 90s NSX with similar miles..

I think the same thing. A Z06 will kill a NSX in performance. A NSX is much more unique and you dont have to be bald or have a mullet to own one.:biggrin:

I've owned my Z06 for over 5 years now and it has 32k miles logged on. It still runs great, still handles like a race car and is as quiet as the day I bought it, no squeaks and rattles like the older Corvettes had (I owned 3). Maintenance has been less than most other cars I've owned and it still gets 18 to 30 mpg. Friends have bought the new ZR1 and it's hard for me to justify the $40k difference when performance is very similar. Can't complain and it still gets lots of compliments wherever I park it. Not as rare as the NSX but still a great buy!

Ed Frias
Velocity Vettes
www.velocityvettes.org

Both good cars, but for different reasons.

I, personally, like to feel that I am driving my own personal roller coaster...something with some speed that tattoos a grin on my face when I drive it because it feels like I'm on rails.

I also like something that is unique. No, I don't care what other drivers think of what I'm driving, but I don't want to see myself coming & going every 15 seconds either. Unique cars hold their value MUCH better!

Cars like that are called "belly button cars"...because EVERYBODY has one! :D

Porsches & Corvettes are a dime-a-dozen here in Dallas...Mustangs & BMW are even more common place.

(I think the local college, SMU, has a program where they just issue a new BMW to every cute co-ed.) :)

Last edited:
Having owned several corvettes---starting with the c5s, they found their place with performance, quality and reliability. My 97' gave me 31mpg driving to Denver on 9-11-2001. It would run away from just about anything butttt the NSX---dam what a beautiful work of art. In 1994 I had a 1988 Porsche 928S4 that I chipped--it too ran real strong--would top end over 180mph and was quality through and through---but a neighbor had this red 1992 NSX--dam that this was beautiful and the SOB would just drive by without even waving hello. I could beat him with either car I had but---dam that NSX was WAY cool. 15 year later---I'm retired and can afford to buy and drive whatever I want.
So what do, I do-------that DAM NEIGHBOR WITH THAT 92 NSX DIES AND I BUY HIS CAR FROM HIS WIDOW. Does it compare to the Corvette or the Porsche 928----The ONLY THING THE NSX HAS IN COMMON WITH THEM IS THE DEGREE TO WHICH I HAVE TO BEND AND DUCK TO GET INTO THE THING---AFTER THAT, IT'S ALL SMILES!:biggrin:

The ONLY THING THE NSX HAS IN COMMON WITH THEM IS THE DEGREE TO WHICH I HAVE TO BEND AND DUCK TO GET INTO THE THING---AFTER THAT, IT'S ALL SMILES!:biggrin:

Haha, extremely well put. They are just cars, and with the money involved people feel the need to defend and compare endlessly. The truth is the similarities are bigger then the differences, and if your car puts a smile on your face, that's all that matters.

Having owned several corvettes---starting with the c5s, they found their place with performance, quality and reliability. My 97' gave me 31mpg driving to Denver on 9-11-2001. It would run away from just about anything butttt the NSX---dam what a beautiful work of art. In 1994 I had a 1988 Porsche 928S4 that I chipped--it too ran real strong--would top end over 180mph and was quality through and through---but a neighbor had this red 1992 NSX--dam that this was beautiful and the SOB would just drive by without even waving hello. I could beat him with either car I had but---dam that NSX was WAY cool. 15 year later---I'm retired and can afford to buy and drive whatever I want.
So what do, I do-------that DAM NEIGHBOR WITH THAT 92 NSX DIES AND I BUY HIS CAR FROM HIS WIDOW. Does it compare to the Corvette or the Porsche 928----The ONLY THING THE NSX HAS IN COMMON WITH THEM IS THE DEGREE TO WHICH I HAVE TO BEND AND DUCK TO GET INTO THE THING---AFTER THAT, IT'S ALL SMILES!:biggrin:

I sure hope you come to NSXPO2011. You I gotta meet.:biggrin:

Just buy one :)

Last edited:
"Out of the 3461 Z06's built in 2009, only 2278 have been sold and 1183 are still on the dealerships lots..."

This was a quote from a corvette forum not too long ago..

haha... how many NSXs are still in dealership lots up for sale????.....

NOTHING compares to the prestige and rarity that comes with the NSX.

"Out of the 3461 Z06's built in 2009, only 2278 have been sold and 1183 are still on the dealerships lots..."

This was a quote from a corvette forum not too long ago..

haha... how many NSXs are still in dealership lots up for sale????.....

NOTHING compares to the prestige and rarity that comes with the NSX.

Prestige? Really? Maybe at a Honda car meet... but that's about it.

Prestige? Really? Maybe at a Honda car meet... but that's about it.

Super exaggeration. Of course you're responding to super exaggeration, but piling on just devolves threads even faster.

I've always been a Corvette guy and owned one, but any given Corvette will be cheaper than the earliest NSXs *very* soon no matter which model/year we're talking about with the exception of the new ZR1 and the old classics. In other words, I really doubt that the 06 Z06 being less money than an old NSX changes the equation for anyone since anyone who knows anything about cars knew that was coming sooner rather than later.

Before jumping back into the NSX I was considering the earlier Z06s and part of my consideration was that I could get one to play with in great shape easily for like $20k and not break a sweat.

I came to my senses realizing that, 2 years on (which is now since this is around 09 I was considering), that $20k ish Z06 would be worth $15k at best whereas whatever NSX I'd buy would be worth about even (and thats if I even found myself wanting to sell it)

The Vette is a great bargain and a practical car. Buying one new is literally insane (I did this in 2000 - insane). Buying one once they depreciate to zilch can be a great idea if its what you're looking for.

As for prestige, you've got to be out of your mind if you *truly* believe that people look at the NSX and think "oh a Honda" and that only "Honda guys" (whatever that is) admire the NSX.

I have *zero* passion for Honda and there has never been a Honda product, and will probably never be another Honda product, that I would consider buying for a second and I have *always* admired/wanted the NSX. When I decided to unload my 2000 Vette and buy the NSX I was cross shopping it against the Lotus Esprit, a Ferrari 348 and a 911C4. It's hardly "just a Honda"

Last edited:
Back