• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX NA2 vs Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06

I never said it wasn't a great car, I own one. And I bought it a few years ago over an Aston Vantage that was my other final choice. I just don't think it had "prestige" as in a known mark. No one says "oooooh" when you say I drive an NSX unless its some car/honda guy.

Prestige - buying a car for what other people think about your ride makes you not a car guy in my book. NSX has some prestige in certain circles, but it's not a very well known car in America. Corvette is similarly well respected, but also similarly not respected due to badge snobbery. In the end who cares, my advice is never buy a car based on what other people think.

Soul - saying any car doesn't have soul is kind of silly in my book. Saying a Corvette doesn't have soul is as silly as saying the NSX doesn't have soul. Just say the truth, one car didn't do anything for you so you bought the other car. Saying a certain car doesn't have soul makes you sound like you are out to prove something and justify your own ride to yourself and others. It sounds like an attack, but really it's just your personal preference on what a car should be.

Both the NSX and Corvette are excellent machines, and attainable super cars for the masses. There's no need to get into an emotional pissing match over which is better because there is no right answer.

My two cents...

I don't know if an NSX is better than a Z06, but what I do know for sure is that MY NSX is better than Liquid's Z06. :biggrin:

Its pouring here in westchester , i'am reading this stuff , we HAD a vette , many good times ,we HAVE a nsx , many good times ,when does the B/S end ,if you like it , buy it , if you feel like you have to justify your purchase with a bunch of journalistic B/S thats ok , When I bought my 97 (in 08) I could have had a new vette delivered to my door (G.M. retiree discount)for a few thousand more (not a zo6), did i make the right decision for us , yea , ask my wife :smile:

Last edited:
Hello everyone... heres my 2 cent!!! I had a 2003 C5 z06.. then traded it in for a C6 Z06, did some mods to it.. made about 575 WHP, with minor bolt ons... including cam, exhaust chip.. etc... I recently moved over to the West Coast, and bought my first 94 NSX.. i'm a happy owner of my NSX.. but everyone that is bashing the Z06...not a good way to start..
If it wasnt for the economy... I would still owe my C6 Z06. What everyone says about both cars are true... Yes the Z06 has its issues.. so does the NSX.. Money for power... my NSX wouldnt see my Z06 at the track, The z06 has its minor issues.. including the roof flying off.. Cam problem, Hot cockpit. etc.. yes... and I'd still buy another one.. its easy hating a car you never owed... I worst fear while driving my nsx around.. is seeing a Z06 pull next to me!! after knowing what my Z06 can do on the streets.. I wouldnt even look at the z06 if he/she pulled next to me.. I have beaten on my z06 all day long... although it has problems....I still love it!! I may be new to the NSX world.. but my nsx doesnt drive as nice as my z06 does either.....I bought the NSX, because it was somewhat exotic... and it seems no matter how much money I put into it... its not gonna be as fast as my z06... so I decided to go for the "looks" when I bought the car.. Reguardless of the car losing value... If you have the money.. why not? If I could afford another one... I would in a heartbeat!! those of you who think the NSX is a better car... sure!!! let me guess.. you have never owed a C6 Z06...... hands down... the nsx is a sexy car!!!

Great to read all the comments.. I have tried to buy NSX three times but all failed and given up few years back.... maybe because of the region I was looking at, who knows.. Also bad dealing with other NSX owners didn't help either (see my negative rating).

Anyhow, I did use that money to purchase a street legal Euno Cosmo 3 rotor (since I'm a rotary guy).. but I'll be back on the market for something to add in next couple of years. Something that I can track, daily, etc. As of now, Z06 is looking great for price and performance.. GTR R35 is what I would really like but maybe it will come down below 50K when I'm ready to look... Who knows, maybe NSX might come back to light in my shoes.

"I worst fear while driving my nsx around.. is seeing a Z06 pull next to me!! after knowing what my Z06 can do on the streets.."

Done worry, just give the 65 year old bald guy a thumbs up, and putt off in your NSX. The last thing on his mind is a street race.

Back