• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX NA2 vs Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06

Be forewarned!

505HP of American muscle in a 3130lb sports car is extremely addictive!

:biggrin:

EFE Z06

So is Crack-Cocaine; I am not likely to use either. :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Sorry, I could not resist; I do admire the ZO6 and what Chevy has done. :biggrin:

For me it is not just about raw performance; it about overall balance across the entire spectrum. The NSX has it!! Now that is an addiction I can live with. :biggrin: :cool:

Be forewarned!

505HP of American muscle in a 3130lb sports car is extremely addictive!

EFE Z06

Like "W" says: BRING IT ON!

Like "W" says: BRING IT ON!

Hummmm, is that some kind of a challenge? If so, against what? :smile:

I was riding my motorcycle over Mingus mountain and through Jerome last Saturday, several NSX's passed by and were heading down to Cottonwood, I was wondering if it was any of you guys from this website?

:wink:

EFE Z06

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I suspect that 90% of the z06 arguments could be made not only against the NSX, but also against Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche.

The Z06 is fast, and it is cheap. Most Exotics and Supercars are not faster than a Z06 sportscar and cost 2-3x as much.

Personally, I would still rather have a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or NSX.

Hummmm, is that some kind of a challenge? If so, against what? :smile:

EFE Z06

Not a challenge. Would just love to try out the Z06 if the chance arises. I am not one of those people that has a permanent bias against any particular car or against American cars in general. (Although most American cars are pretty bad.) But heck, if money was no object, I'd be driving a Ford GT right now. My point is that I'm a car guy, and if any car exhibits greatness, I'm definitely interested. And the Z06 certainly does that.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I suspect that 90% of the z06 arguments could be made not only against the NSX, but also against Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche.

The Z06 is fast, and it is cheap. Most Exotics and Supercars are not faster than a Z06 sportscar and cost 2-3x as much.

Personally, I would still rather have a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or NSX.

Have you had the opportunity to drive one? Are you basing your choice on past history or is it you just don't like Corvettes? I think status is a big factor with many. Many of the so called super cars cost 4 to 7 times as much, aren't as fast, cost much more to maintain and are really not nearly as reliable! No doubt they have beautiful leather and fancy interiors, exotic body styles and really hightech dual overhead cam engines, but overall cost in the long run is for only those that have money to burn!

As for reliability, the new Z06 is not only the fastest production Corvette in GM's history, but probably one of the lowest maintainence Corvettes ever built. Of course it hasn't been out long enough to get a good long term estimate, but other than a couple of minor recalls the Z06 just runs like a mad dog and asks very little in return, it doesn't even use a bit of oil. So far owner satisfaction is over 90%!

Since I already stated I've owned many sports cars and most were Japanese, I think I can speak from experience when I say anybody making comments about the new Z06 without driving or owning one is pure speculation, and if some make negative comments based on their view of previous Corvettes - that just shows ignorance without knowledge.

In Europe the demand for the new Corvette has increased 3 fold and buyers who previously would only purchase Ferrari's, Porsche's and BMW's are now on waiting lists for a Z06. Maybe they know something some of you might want to learn?? :wink:

:smile:

EFE Z06

But heck, if money was no object, I'd be driving a Ford GT right now. My point is that I'm a car guy, and if any car exhibits greatness, I'm definitely interested. And the Z06 certainly does that.

I have a friend here in Prescott that owns a 2006 Z06 and he recently bought a new Ford GT. His preference is..............the Z06! He drives and likes both but loves the instant torque of the 427 over the supercharged smallblock in the GT.

I spent some time looking at the build quality of the interior in the GT and found it to be inferior to the Corvette and we all know the interior of the Vette isn't the best, although not bad. The engine compartment of the GT is awesome looking - bordering an all out race car and the body style is of course classic. But as my friend states, he gets lots of stares in his GT but for all around driving pleasure his Z06 gives him the most thrills.

I see you live in PA Eric, if you truly desire to take a ride in a Z06, I can talk to some owners in that area that I'm sure would be happy to oblige you, let me know? :wink:

EFE Z06

Have you had the opportunity to drive one? Are you basing your choice on past history or is it you just don't like Corvettes? I think status is a big factor with many.
For me it's not a status thing, it's a visual thing. Simply put, there are too many Corvettes on the road and the Z06 looks like all the rest of them. Yes, I know there are small visual differences and enormous non-visual differences, but I don't want a car that I'll see in every parking lot and every few miles driving down the highway. I like being part of a small fraternity.

For me it's not a status thing, it's a visual thing. Simply put, there are too many Corvettes on the road and the Z06 looks like all the rest of them. Yes, I know there are small visual differences and enormous non-visual differences, but I don't want a car that I'll see in every parking lot and every few miles driving down the highway. I like being part of a small fraternity.

That's a fair reason and I call your fraternity the $90k to $500k club! I and many others buy sports cars to drive and experience the most we can get for our money, and the new Z06 is by far the ultimate buy! If wanting to be visually different is your preference I can totally understand your choice, but I prefer being different all right - "in performance," it gives me much more pleasure because it happens everytime and everywhere I drive the car. I guess you can say one is pleasing to the onlookers and the other is pleasing to the driver, I prefer the latter! :biggrin:

I would venture to say if both were parked in a crowd of people and a choice was given as to which one they would want to drive the most, hands down the Z06 would be at the top of the list without a doubt! :wink:

EFE Z06

That's a fair reason and I call your fraternity the $90k to $500k club!

Before the NSX, I had an MR2 for much the same reason - there aren't many around. Plus, my NSX is worth maybe $30K. A far cry from $90-150K.

I and many others buy sports cars to drive and experience the most we can get for our money, and the new Z06 is by far the ultimate buy!

No one (not me anyway) is arguing the price/performance value of the Z06. You'll get to 60 MPH a second faster than me, but unless you go to the track a lot or drive like a maniac on the streets, I'll have just as much fun in my car as I would in yours.

I would venture to say if both were parked in a crowd of people and a choice was given as to which one they would want to drive the most, hands down the Z06 would be at the top of the list without a doubt! :wink:

I would venture to say that a large majority of the crowd of people wouldn't know that your Z06 is any different than a standard Corvette. I know I've pulled up at local car shows and drawn a small crowd even though I'm just there as a spectator. I'm not dissing your car, but I'm pretty comfortable mine could hold its own in a popularity contest in any given crowd of random people.

But again, I'm not trying tear your car down, but instead explain why I like mine. Right this minute my NSX is parked next to a C6 Corvette in the parking lot where I work. When I see her car, I see Yet Another Corvette. When I see my car, I get wood. :D

I would venture to say that a large majority of the crowd of people wouldn't know that your Z06 is any different than a standard Corvette.

I can assure you people have read and know what a Z06 is now days, I get crowds around my car almost every place I park it, and that is no exaggeration.

When they see the 427 CI on the side and those flared fenders, people instantly know this is no normal Corvette! (( ;

EFE Z06

6-06-07f.jpg
[/IMG]

The militant GM fans took over the thread on corvetteforums, check it out, realy awesome entertainment.

In Europe the demand for the new Corvette has increased 3 fold and buyers who previously would only purchase Ferrari's, Porsche's and BMW's are now on waiting lists for a Z06. Maybe they know something some of you might want to learn?? :wink:

The demand for the Corvette incresed indeed, by no means x3 as you stated but it incresaed the same amount as the C6 is better than it's predecessor. The reason is simple, Corvettes are selling so bad every dealer who made the mistake to order one is selling them way under original price. The discounts on those things are magnetic. Now owning a car nobody takes serious, but with proper performance numbers and the new ability to drive a curve, is, compared to reputable sport cars like Ferrari and Porsche you mentioned, realy cheap. The Z06 is, without question, the best 'bang for the buck' but sportscars got a slightly different definition over here. Good performance numbers 0-60 or 0-100 aren't sufficient to sell cars. Sportscars are sold beeing successful at racing. New technology invented for racing are requested and required to make a sportscar successful and the Corvette doesn't have them. Of course you don't necessarily need newest technology to go fast around a corner but it's nice to have them and that's why decades old technology fitted into a good car isn't good enough to make it a success on the market over here. Your claim other sportscar brand customers jump off to Corvette isn't true. There've been 24 new registered C6s in germany last year, 5 new so far this year. Can't tell numbers for other countries but even the NSX has beaten those numbers in it's last production year.

Regards
Klayton

The militant GM fans took over the thread on corvetteforums, check it out, realy awesome entertainment.

The demand for the Corvette incresed indeed, by no means x3 as you stated but it incresaed the same amount as the C6 is better than it's predecessor. The reason is simple, Corvettes are selling so bad every dealer who made the mistake to order one is selling them way under original price. The discounts on those things are magnetic. Now owning a car nobody takes serious, but with proper performance numbers and the new ability to drive a curve, is, compared to reputable sport cars like Ferrari and Porsche you mentioned, realy cheap. The Z06 is, without question, the best 'bang for the buck' but sportscars got a slightly different definition over here. Good performance numbers 0-60 or 0-100 aren't sufficient to sell cars. Sportscars are sold beeing successful at racing. New technology invented for racing are requested and required to make a sportscar successful and the Corvette doesn't have them. Of course you don't necessarily need newest technology to go fast around a corner but it's nice to have them and that's why decades old technology fitted into a good car isn't good enough to make it a success on the market over here. Your claim other sportscar brand customers jump off to Corvette isn't true. There've been 24 new registered C6s in germany last year, 5 new so far this year. Can't tell numbers for other countries but even the NSX has beaten those numbers in it's last production year.

Regards
Klayton

I guess I'll have to advise you to contact GM's regional sales department for all of Europe, the demand there is higher than it has ever been for Corvettes (especially Z06's) and the big problem is they only get a small allocation, the same is happening in Japan now also! Australia also has an appetite for the car but they want GM to build right-hand drives and that isn't on the menu for now. Guys are having them converted there for a cost of something like $70k, not to speak of the cost of the car around $130k +! The demand for the car in all of Europe and other countries has over tripled since it's release in late 2005, although I can't say how many were registered in Germany alone.

:confused:

EFE Z06

I'm not going to argue about numbers GM claims to have sold, my statement about sold cars here is based on facts.

As I said I can only access the databank for new registered vehicles in germany not other countries. Sales departments tend to sell more cars than actually are sold. :) You may be right about those impressive sales achievements in other parts of europe, sales numbers must have increased explosively to increase the avarage of sold cars in europe x3 with under 50 new cars in germany. It's hard to believe because the Z06 isn't even available nor are rhd C6 but THAT might be the reason for a waiting list and/or increased demand in the uk. Or Australia or Japan. I'm just trying to adjust your claim european sportcars customers jumping off to buy a Corvette and boosting the sales x3 with the new model availabe which isn't exactly correct. :)

The Z06 is, without question, the best 'bang for the buck' but sportscars got a slightly different definition over here. Good performance numbers 0-60 or 0-100 aren't sufficient to sell cars. Sportscars are sold beeing successful at racing. New technology invented for racing are requested and required to make a sportscar successful and the Corvette doesn't have them.

The Corvette is successful at racing - having won the GT1 class at LeMans 4 of the last 5 years (they came in second this year). The Z06 has racing technology - stability control, carbon fiber body panels, multi-piston brakes front and back, dry-sump oil system, forged aluminum suspension components, TI engine rods, etc. What technology does a Porsche GT2, for example, have that the Z06 doesn't? I can think of only one - composite brake rotors.

To me, the Z06's greatest appeal is as an earth shattering track car. I cannot think of any other NEW car that Id buy instead of it as a track car. GT3RS or even GT3, while great track cars, seem to me like expensive cars to stuff into a wall.

The only other one would be an Exige S, but Id be stuck behind everyone who I just spent 3/4 of a lap trying to pass in the twisties, by the end of the straight. That would be frustrating.

To me, the Z06's greatest appeal is as an earth shattering track car. I cannot think of any other NEW car that Id buy instead of it as a track car. GT3RS or even GT3, while great track cars, seem to me like expensive cars to stuff into a wall.

The only other one would be an Exige S, but Id be stuck behind everyone who I just spent 3/4 of a lap trying to pass in the twisties, by the end of the straight. That would be frustrating.

GT3, F430, Gallardo--all great track cars. None of those are faster than a ZO6. It's just so darn quick. I just read the Car and Driver test where it beat everything overall--including the 997 TT with P-Zero Corsas! The ZO6 had the OEM F1 Supercars on. :eek: :eek:

I'd love the Exige S too but it just needs more power. Even though it's a go-kart in the corners and weighs next to nothing it's still getting beaten up on the straights and ends up losing overall. Just too much time to have to make up in the corners.

The Exige's hp/weight is 9.32 while the ZO6 is 6.24. :eek: Get the Exige to around 300bhp (not outrageous) and you should be beating everything. You could probably make that happen with a better, high-boost SC, AEM and a top-end rebuild. You might need a BBK at that point but the Lotus' brakes are excellent--I haven't read any reports of fading in any of the multiple tests I've read.

I have a friend here in Prescott that owns a 2006 Z06 and he recently bought a new Ford GT. His preference is..............the Z06! He drives and likes both but loves the instant torque of the 427 over the supercharged smallblock in the GT.

I spent some time looking at the build quality of the interior in the GT and found it to be inferior to the Corvette and we all know the interior of the Vette isn't the best, although not bad. The engine compartment of the GT is awesome looking - bordering an all out race car and the body style is of course classic. But as my friend states, he gets lots of stares in his GT but for all around driving pleasure his Z06 gives him the most thrills.

I see you live in PA Eric, if you truly desire to take a ride in a Z06, I can talk to some owners in that area that I'm sure would be happy to oblige you, let me know? :wink:

EFE Z06

2 things:

1. Definitely interested in a drive in a Z06.

2. How do you think the interior quality (and overall build quality) of the Ford GT and Z06 stack up against the NSX?

2 things:

1. Definitely interested in a drive in a Z06.

2. How do you think the interior quality (and overall build quality) of the Ford GT and Z06 stack up against the NSX?

At one time I would have said the NSX interior is far superior to the Corvette, but now I would say it is better but not enough to be significant. The exterior paint ? NSX is better but the Corvette is improving. The overall build quality? Not enough to justify $90k vs. $75k and lose all the power and excitement the Z06 offers.

The comments about the far better build quality and reliability the NSX has over the Corvette is simply hogwash based on past history and not comparing it with a new C6 Corvette, these models are vastly better built cars than in the past, as well as many other Chevy models. For 2008 GM is making a few more upgrades on the Corvette that should eliminate the few minor complaints given to the 05 thru 07 models. A very high quality all leather interior (all throughout) is now available (optional) that is said to be equal or better than many of the exotics, also a new smoother shifting and quieter transmission, although I'm very happy with mine and have had no complaints other than when cold and that can be fixed with a good synthetic oil.

I think many dedicated Japanese car owners are being converted after they ride in or drive the new Corvette. It's quiet (absolutely no rattles), rides great, handles like a race car, has tons of power and is inexpensive compared to anything that drives as well! I think that's just about everything a sports car buyers desires other than rarity or exclusivity that some prefer, but that can't make up for the driving excitement a Corvette gives, especially a Z06!

EFE Z06

PS:
In case some of you didn't read post #49, that member owned three NSX's, so I would hope his opinion might be somewhat valid? (( ;

Pictures of my interior
IntD.jpg

IntB.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
EFE Z06-
You were doing so well representing the Z06 until you posted your interior.

Dammmm thats fugly .

You must also think this 45K SSR interior is hot :wink:
DSCF1261.jpg

I almost thought the Kragen Rubber mats were OEM :biggrin:.

Last edited:
EFE Z06-
You were doing so well representing the Z06 until you posted your interior.

Dammmm thats fugly .

You must also think this 45K SSR interior is hot :wink:
DSCF1261.jpg

I almost thought the Kragen Rubber mats were OEM :biggrin:.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :biggrin:

EFE Z06

Back