• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura set up some reviewers with long distance road trips in a Gen 2

i wonder why that one person said that the nsx was very uncomable on long trips .i thought other people said that the nsx was a nice ride on long trips. what do you people think about the ride on long trips?

I am not a road tripper myself.

The longest ride i have done in the car is about 2 1/2 hours coming back from the dealership in WI I purchased the car from.

With the comfy seats and magnetic ride control it is really nice on the road.

If the guy isn't used to a car that sits as low to the ground as an NSX does (like someone who has gotten used to an SUV), I can imagine that he wouldn't feel all that at home.

Did you see the jacket the guy was wearing? Not my idea of an auto enthusiast look.

I just drove 400 miles from Scottsdale AZ to Willow Springs Raceway and spent two days on the track ( partially rain delayed) and back for a total of 938 miles so I've got over 12 hours of highway miles. I'll post on the track day separately.
NSX seats are the best for long driving I've ever had. My CLK63 Black Series seats were a little more supportive for track duty being higher bolstered. Ride quality the NSX hands down has the best balance. Firm not harsh and the shocks soak up the bumps like a high end sedan but far more control.
I'm 5'10 and 172# so I'd be curious as to the body type and weight of the negative review. Not body shaming just facts to make one's own judgement.

Jimmy aka sled driver

If the guy isn't used to a car that sits as low to the ground as an NSX does (like someone who has gotten used to an SUV), I can imagine that he wouldn't feel all that at home.

Did you see the jacket the guy was wearing? Not my idea of an auto enthusiast look.

Not to stereotype, but I had the exact same thought. He also had me rolling my eyes when talking about how the MDX had a more comfortable ride and more cargo space. Really?

Jonathan Gitlin (who wrote the ArsTechnica article) hasn't impressed me. I've seen some bad errors in some of his pieces. (I mean, worse than the caption of one pic in this article that misidentifies a Valencia Red Pearl car as being Curva Red.)

I did a 1,700 mile road trip across SD and WY a couple years ago. Fantastic. And a five hour trip a couple weeks ago and still fantastic. Love it.

Agree with you guys... he's an SUV guy. Sounded like he was told to drive it and write an article.

Jonathan Gitlin's 1200 miles of uncomfortable travel is an opinion piece that is lacking credibility. In another review of a Ferrari F488 he mentioned no lane assist or forward looking cruze control but only in passing but was a big negative in NSX write up. I doubt he was driving the Ferrari in the video showing drifting oversteer. Your too close to the passenger-duh. He should sit in a new Ford GT or McLaren.
So from my perspective what stood out was his words "trail braking into a decreasing radius corners just sees the car go where you point it". Ya but that's not the way you drive an all wheel drive car Jonathan!
You don't trail brake an all wheel drive car to gain the most out of corners, better handling is achieved where you use the throttle and it a lot more fun and you'll go a lot faster dude.
I notice Jon's fellow Brits gave the NSX five stars something that really hard to get from EVO magazine from a non European car.
Jimmy is out.

Back