• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura TLX, BMW 328i xDrive, or???

Thanks to a bad hailstorm in my area, I find myself needing to replace my daily driver. I've been looking at the Acrua TLS, Infinity G37, Audi A4/S4, and BMW 3 series, and generally giving up hope of being able to drive a manual transmission again (apart from the NSX of course :) ), when I ran across a 2013 BMW 328i xDrive with a 6-speed manual transmission.

I'm replacing a 2002 Maxima that never needed anything other than routine maintenance, and I'd like a similarly reliable car going forward. I've heard that the BMW can be very reliable if you keep up with basic maintenance, but I don't have any direct experience with them. Do any of you have any opinions on the BMW, or the other cars I've been looking at?

Thanks,

Steve

I was thinking about the Lexus IS, but the last time I drove one, I wasn't very impressed with the fit and finish. I've got a co-worker who swears by them, so I'll probably give them another look.

Back