• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

adding extra oil

Long b4 i had my NSX i had a car that every asian guy has a HONDA ACCORD and i always put LUCAS OIL but since now ive had my NSX im not to sure if i should add LUCAS OIL or any of u guys use it?

I've been around cars my whole life, known many mechanics, good and bad, and I know many fantastic NSX/Honda-Acura mechanics. I have many car friends and read a lot about cars and maintenance.

That said, no one I have EVER known whose opinion I respect has ever endorsed any kind of oil "additive." Ever.

People spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year on the maintenance and performance of their cars. If there was a product on the market that actually benefitted your engine as much as some of these products claim to, you would see:

1) Scientific data proving its efficacy;

2) Mechanics telling you that a) you should use this & b) I use it too;

3) People all over the world talking about it and using it and reaping the benefits.

Use straight full synthetic motor oil changed as indicated on the oil container and nothing else.

NSX is my very first car. :biggrin:
keldon1983 said:
Long b4 i had my NSX i had a car that every asian guy has a HONDA ACCORD and i always put LUCAS OIL but since now ive had my NSX im not to sure if i should add LUCAS OIL or any of u guys use it?

dont do gooop.

Lucas thickens the oil. Suppose to be more protection but also causes more heat build up and your engine parts to run hotter.

You guys all seen that little gear display at pep boys where one side is regular oil and the other side is oil + lucus. Now try and crank it really fast. You'll see that there is a lot more resistance on the Oil + lucas side. The normal side has a lot less resistance but looks like "it does not coat well" but it does :p

all hype. I still get temped once in a while and put in some snake oil. Use to do all the goop stuff when ididnt know any better. Didnt think it did any damage.

Use Mobil 1 10w-30 every 3-5K miles and don't worry about it.

Back