• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket wheels on a 95 NSX

JGS

Registered Member
Does anyone have any experience with Altstadt 1's in a plus one application? I would like to utilize the following and am interested in what offsets anyone has used? Also, they offer three different offsets: standard, medium and high disk applications, any feedback here would be appreciated.
Front: 17x7.5 offset recommended?
Rear: 18x9.5 offset recommended?

For tires, I'm looking at:
Front: 215/40-17
Rear: 265/35-18

The offsets that are primarily being recommended for the wheel sizes are:
Front: 17x7.5 w/36mm offset
Rear: 18.9.5 w/42mm offset

What do you think about those offset recommendations considering the range you said would work?

JGS

Those are the sizes I'm running on my NSX. I know the back wheel says it has a 53mm offset but I don't recall seeing one on the front. If your not in a hurry I can look when I switch my wheels for the winter. Also my front wheel is a 8 not 7.5.

Originally posted by PUREVIL:
JGS

Those are the sizes I'm running on my NSX. I know the back wheel says it has a 53mm offset but I don't recall seeing one on the front. If your not in a hurry I can look when I switch my wheels for the winter. Also my front wheel is a 8 not 7.5.

PureEvil:
I've seen the photos of your wheels, they are very nice. If your rear wheels are 18x9.5 and you have a 53mm offset, that would mean they sit 11mm farther outward from the 41mm offset that is being recommended for me. I'm curious how the 41mm offset will look, or if I should order the 53mm for the rear? The Altstadt is offered in a 53mm as well.

Purevil, from my old manaray catalog, it shows, they only come in one offset fitment for the NSX. It's sizes are:
17x8 ET 42
18x9.5 ET 44

I don't think the offset are 53 mm on the rear by the looking at the picture.

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 30 September 2000).]

Thanks for the feedback on the offsets for the NSX.

I am close to purchasing new wheels and your VOLK Racing wheels and Tires are the exact same size. Though I am confident that the 36mm front and 41mm rear offset will work with the factory setup/ride height, I'm considering lowering my car, and wonder if with those offsets, they'll rub when lowered. What are the offsets on your VOLK wheels, and is yours lowered?

Originally posted by maomaonsx:
JGS, I think you made a mistake. more offset means the wheel will be more inward. Say you have a wheel that is 9inch wide and have 45mm offset, another wheel of the same width but with 35mm offset will mount 10mm further out.

Back