• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*ALERT* Stolen Car!!! Please keep an eye out for me!

Just a request to all of you to please help keep an eye out for my car. It was stolen near Koreatown in Los Angeles. It's a black/black 93 with a UCLA alumni license plate frame with 4TBL294 plate # and gunmetal Volk rims. If you see this vehicle on the road, please tail it for me and call the police for me. I would greatly appreciate it, although at this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to want it back. Thanks so much for the help guys, I feel like I just had a child abducted or something.
My contact # is 310.266.1303 if you need to contact me.

when did this happen?

------------------
'94 NSX black on black
'01 IS300
'93 del Sol -turbo integra powered- SOLD

This morning. Sometime between 9:15 and noon. I just parked it on the street where I normally park for work. Chances are that someone probably has seen it around and decided it was time to have a lil fun. Take it for a joyride, probably steal my rims and stereo. <sigh>

Darkcyd-That sux!!! I'm in Santa Monica and Playa Del Ray. I will keep my eyes out. Sorry to hear about this. Good Luck!!
stepp

Darkcyd,

Sorry to hear that. My first X was a blk/blk that was stolen from the garage. I feel for you.

I guess it is time to work with your insurance company. Make sure you list all the mods and valuable items in the car.

Either you'd want the car back immdediately or you never want to see you car again. Good think is that it is a lot harder to part out this car, due to low production no. So there is a good chance that it won't end up in a chop shop. Someone can always replace a totaled vin # and legally register the car under that vin # or your car may end up being shipped out of the country. I heard Poland was a popular spot a while back.

Regardless of what happened, I hope you have proper insurance coverage. Your next step is to shop for another one. May be a different color if you like. That's what I did. It took me 8 months to find a low mileage, unmalested silver. It is definitely worth the wait though.

Give the vin# to Lud to add to the list and hope that someone spot it driving around town tonight.

Best of luck!

Chris

Freakin Bastards...I'll keep an eye out down here in O.C. Hope you find it soon.
AR15firing.gif
CAR THIEVES

Yeah, seriously. I want it back soon, or they just might as well let me get a new pristine one. Thank goodness I have just about the most insurance coverage I can possibly get and a family friend for an insurance agent. They take care of me real well. =) Anyhow, rental is paid for and they'll pay for the car and all mods if the time comes that I don't get it back. I wonder if it's down in Mexico. =/

Oh no, Vince...I can't believe it. I'm SOOO bummed for you. I hope you get your car back. Keep us informed and I'll keep my eyes out for your car!

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black), '03 Honda Pilot EX-L (silver/gray), '97 Honda Civic HX (SOLD!!!)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

WTF? I can't believe that! I sure will look out for your car(not sure it will make it this far). If it is a total loss, it's a great time to buy. You'd buy another one, right? Keep us posted.
John

Vincent, very sorry to hear about your car. I don't know what to say. I'll keep an eye out for it in San Diego if it makes its way down here. I hope you get it back soon or the insurance pays you a good amount of money back. I hope to see you with your NSX or a replacement NSX soon.

--Conrad

Originally posted by Darkcyd:
VIN # JH4NA1152PT000088

ALERT! This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) DOES NOT QUALIFY for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000 that protects you from buying a vehicle with severe damage, mileage fraud, or Lemon history.

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check Severe Accident Reported to DMV
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Manufacturer Buyback Reported to DMV
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 4 Known Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 9 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
No Recall Information Reported to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 11 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED - Add to this vehicle's history

CARFAX does not inspect vehicles. This vehicle may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection is recommended. How CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's history.

Today's leading safety and reliability information for the 1993 ACURA NSX all in one report. Click on the link below to view your FREE report:
Safety & Reliability Report Crash Tests, Reliability Ratings, Theft Ratings and more...

Year/Make/Model: 1993 ACURA NSX

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.0L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/belt system unknown

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

Total Loss Check:

ALERT! This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) has had a severe accident reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle was reported totaled and does not qualify for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

Salvage Title Reported No Loss Due To Fire Title Reported
Junk Title Reported No Flood Damage Title Reported
No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Reported No Hail Damage Title Reported
No Dismantled Title Reported No Canadian Total Loss Record Reported

AZ, IL, MN, NM, OK, OR, GA and FL issue Salvage Titles to identify severely damaged and/or stolen vehicles. Not all stolen vehicles are total losses; many can be recovered with minor or no damage. CARFAX recommends you have the vehicle inspected by your dealer or professional mechanic to assess the damage.

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) has had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX. CARFAX receives accident indicator information from many sources, continues to expand its coverage, and recommends a vehicle inspection by your dealer or professional mechanic.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 25.Mar.2003 09:51:27. New data will result in a change to this report.

Accident Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Insurance claims on CARFAX? | About accident reports | Accident statistics

CARFAX Help Center | Glossary

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) had no odometer problems reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) under the Truth-In-Mileage Act.

No Not Actual Mileage Title Reported No Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title Reported

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX did not uncover any odometer rollbacks for this 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088).

Date: Mileage:
06/14/1993 285
07/19/1995 15,827
06/03/1997 25,310
06/19/1998 28,198
11/15/2000 41,505
05/30/2001 41,548
08/10/2001 46,807

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Truth-In-Mileage Act | Rollbacks vs. rollovers | When do you flag a rollback?

This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) has had no Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Lemon Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | What is a Manufacturer Buyback? | How can I get an inspection?

Ownership History:

This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) has 4 known owner(s). In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Known Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 06/14/1993 Texas
2nd owner 07/19/1995 Texas
3rd owner 04/01/2001 Texas
4th owner 10/16/2001 California

Types of Owners:

This 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) was checked for 9 types of registrations.

No Private Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Government Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported

Ownership Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | No owner names or addresses, why? | Differences between registrations, titles, and # of owners? | Identifying new owners

ACURA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association for the 1993 ACURA NSX. You can also contact an authorized dealership or ACURA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088) still has recalls that require repair.

Recall Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Sources of recall data | CARFAX recalls vs. NHTSA recalls

CARFAX searched over 2.07 billion records from nearly 800 sources and found 11 record(s) for this 1993 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1152PT000088).

Date:
Odometer Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

06/14/1993 285 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Barrington, IL
Title #39143099
Title or registration issued
First owner reported

04/27/1995 Auto Dealership
Vehicle offered for sale

07/19/1995 15,827 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Irving, TX
Title #00022200047588354
New owner reported
First lien reported

06/03/1997 25,310 Texas
Inspection Station
Irving, TX
Passed emissions inspection

06/19/1998 28,198 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Frisco, TX
Title #05754635954102457
First lien reported

06/19/1998 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Frisco, TX
Title #05754635954102457
First lien reported

11/15/2000 41,505 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Grand Prairie, TX
Title #29733036843111837
JUNK TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

04/01/2001 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Grand Prairie, TX
Title #29733036843111837
New owner reported
JUNK TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

05/30/2001 41,548 Oklahoma
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Lawton, OK
Title #161701150016
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

08/10/2001 46,807 California
Inspection Station
San Luis Obispo, CA
Passed emissions inspection

10/16/2001 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Los Angeles, CA
Title issued
New owner reported

Insurance will cover it, and all modifications/upgrades. Not sure how the salvage will affect the value. It was previously stolen, insurance paid out on the car, and then it was found. Thus the salvage title prior to my ownership.

My blk was recovered 3 years after it was stolen. It was in really bad shape from sitting in the sun for all that time.

When they auctioned off the car, it has clean title because there is no damage to the car except the filthy condition it was in.

They must have stripped the car when it was stolen the previous time. A suggestion for a kill switch from the general forum starts to make more sense to me now.

Either way, just look forward for some fun shopping for your next one.

Back