• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alfa Romeo Club Time Trials & Races Willow Springs (Big Willow) Jan. 16 & 17

Hello People,

The Alfa Club's first Time Trials and Races for the 2016 season in on Jan 16 & 17. Big Willow is a fast track. It was the first track that I dove alone. My times were not that good in that it was my first time on the track since Las Vegas NSXPO back in 2010. I hope to do much better this time around. Hopefully, some of you will join me. Post here or PM me for details and how to register.

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
BUMP

Friday is the last day to register for this track event, if you want to run both Sat and Sun. Otherwise, you must sign-up by Saturday to run on Sunday only.

Click on the link to set up and account and then register.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.../uidEvent/2EA4CC29-A6F4-0864-72E5D8B2B33B5EE9

I hope one or more of you decide to join me. Its a great track!

PS: Running a stock or moderately modified NSX, will put you in the "O" class. If you have a supercharger or turbo set-up, you will need to run in a a higher class, probably Class N or M.

Mario

Last edited:
Well, I had a great time at Willow Springs last weekend. I put in place all that I had learned from Jonathan (Track Attic) at the Chuckwalla time trials, as the result, I did not spin out, not even once.

On Saturday, I placed 3rd in my Class with a time of 1:47 minutes.

One Sunday, there were not enough cars running in my Class to give out awards. However, I improved my time with a 1.44 minute run, which is 8 seconds faster than my best time at Willow Springs last year.

Next up is the AROSC 2-day Advance Group High Performance Driving School in late February at the Streets of Willow.

In late April, I will be participating in the AROSC Time Trials at Spring Mountain in Parump, NV

Other 2016 AROSC track events include Buttonwillow, Willow Springs and Laguna Seca.

I'll post a link to videos that I took during some of my Willow Spring runs in the next few days.

Again, I urge you to bring you car out to one of the AROSC track events. No experience needed and between sessions they provide free class room instruction. AROSC also makes in car instructors available to you, I believe at no additional charge.

The NSX is a great tack car. Don't let your car go through life without at least one track day!

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
Back