• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

all metal nsx key who can cut?

They cut mine at the dealer with just the VIN number.

It's just a normal key, it's not made out of titanium or whatever.

I would just take it back to your dealer and tell them to cut it, or find another dealer. It seems yours isn't exactly clued in :)

I would definately have the dealer cut it with the VIN. Else, if they make a duplicate of your regular key, any "wear" on the old key will be duplicated on your new key... rather than being a brand new cut.

KEY CUT

Find a dealer who had a new style key cutter. it is all computerized. old style hand cutter is not going to cut the key very well. if you look at your old keys, it is got a 4 digit number on it. that is the key code. give that to the dealer to cut a exact duplicate.

Go to the FAQ General Information/NSX Keys for more information. You only need the number off any of your keys for any well-equipped locksmith to cut a new one with a computer-controlled cutter.

Regards,

Bill

I would discuss this with a good locksmith. Warn him that the metal for the key is very hard.

One question that this raises is, will you get a better quality cutting (more likely to fit the lock precisely) if you use the code, or if you copy from an existing key? I suspect the latter... but a locksmith will know for sure.

One thing to think about. I have had the cool metal key (made of Monel) since a few days after I got the car. I'm already having problems with the ignition not turning all the time, and the dealer told me it's because the key is much harder than standard brass/aluminum keys, and wears the ignition internals down faster. The little pins and stuff.

Be warned.

SR

(but replacing the ignition every few years for a few hundred bucks is will worth having the coolest key around...lol...at least for me)

Back