• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I the only one who views and corresponds on Prime these days?

If you look at who has started a thread or who was the last one to post on a thread, you will see my screen name!

Where has everyone gone, to Facebook?

Mario

Last edited:
No, you are not alone in corresponding on NSX Prime. Yes, many have gone to Face Book for what ever reason. Prime will continue to be a valuable source of information, help and past builds. The newer owners know of Face Book and only come around here when they find out they need more than a once sentence answer. It's cyclical.

Facebook is easy, but, you will never be able t search for that item you saw, say, last month or last year. I prefer Prime because it keeps everything. facebook is just a time line of peoples "show and tell". That said, I am on facebook as well. Quality of posts just is not as good as prime.

Prime is dying and it's sad.... The SoCal forum used to be alive and well with drives almost monthly with a good 10-20 actually showing up... Now you can hardly get 5 peeps to sign up for a short notice( one month) canyon run.:confused:

Facebook is lame, I got off that years ago, but some people live on it.:redface:

Who's up for a Palomar Run???!!!!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't use Facebook so Prime is my only source. I do check in most days but only post once in awhile.
I'll still keep using Prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Prime is dying and it's sad.... The SoCal forum used to be alive and well with drives almost monthly with a good 10-20 actually showing up... Now you can hardly get 5 peeps to sign up for a short notice( one month) canyon run.:confused:

Facebook is lame, I got off that years ago, but some people live on it.:redface:

I'm game.

I admit I am on Prime once in a long while. Me being in SoCal, I pretty much know most of the NSX owners here. I've noticed that most of the parts are circulating here in SoCal so most of my buying and selling as a well as my questions and answers are pretty much one on one. That's why I haven't been on Prime.

Yes, it appears that there are a few less posts and responses these days, which is strange in that the Southern Cal group is stronger than ever, largely due to the likes of Les and JC (I hope I did not leave someone out). In the warmer months we have several well attended drives and none driving events, many more that there were 5 to 7 years ago. Naturally, as the year passes drive attendance numbers go down. But when March/April comes around, people are dying to go on a drive.

Maybe we have gotten to a point that almost everything that you need to know about the NSX, and related subject matter, has already be posted and debated, and then debated again? But, there is still the social aspect of belonging to a close knit sports car community.

I'm not really interested in joining the Fcaebook throngs, I don't have that amount of free time to kill.

However, I don't think Prime is dying. It may be going through a change, but it is not likely to die.

Anyway, I just noticed a lull in activity and wanted to know what was up. Thanks for the responses!

I was in the Facebook group but opted out when I felt like a third thumb ages ago. I come here and see... nothing. My only problem with Prime is the email BS. I signed up with an old but dead email that was the *acceptable* kind so I don't get any notices of posts or PMs. The only email I use is a yahoo.com type and this is the one and only site in the world I live in that won't accept it.

I still frequent Prime more than anywhere else. I also try to direct people AWAY from SuckBook. School has my attention most of the time and finals really ties me up, but the occasional time I get to hang out here I enjoy.

Now that I am on break expect my build thread to move up a little.

Prime does seem to have less activity lately, but I still check it almost daily. For NSX content, it is still way better than face space.
Good to see that Kelley O is still on Prime, even as a lurker. Haven't heard from Hugh in a long while, though.

As an NSX newbie, I have found this forum very useful, informative, and enjoyable.

I have noticed that there is less activity than some other forums - but each owner group is different as are their habits. Overall I think this is a great place for useful info or just browsing.

Geez, I don't know where I would be without Prime and the knowledge on this site. I am pretty much on this daily. I definitely agree that activity has dropped dramatically. I am on FB and seems that's were people have gravitated for setting up meets and drives. Plus once you get to know the local community of NSX owners its a little silly to hit up Prime for a get together when you have everyone's email/phone already. It really is quicker to use than prime mobile or even tapatalk on your phone. But if I am on a computer, one of the tabs is always Prime.

Things always quiet down this time of year on here. It is Christmas after all. That combined with the fact that a lot of our cars are in hibernation probably has a fair bit to do with there being less chatter on here. Things will pick up going into spring I expect. Have a great holiday everyone!

Forums in general are dying. Things aren't going to "pick up" as people have made the switch to social media for their daily fix. However, forums will always be around because the detail and technical information just isn't on the same level as facebook. If facebook ever decides to create some sort of forum style interface where you can easily search and find things, then nsx prime will be completely dead.

..never I will post to myself.....

Back