• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I the only one who views and corresponds on Prime these days?

that is fricken funny

As Leon pointed out earlier, I am very close with many of the NSX owners in my region. Any questions I may have or if I feel like small chat, text messages and facebook are there for that. I like to save my post count on prime for when it really counts, none of that Turbo2go BS style posting :p I enjoy documenting my build progress and helping others by linking them to existing posts and threads on prime for technical and diy stuff.

Forums in general are dying. Things aren't going to "pick up" as people have made the switch to social media for their daily fix. However, forums will always be around because the detail and technical information just isn't on the same level as facebook. If facebook ever decides to create some sort of forum style interface where you can easily search and find things, then nsx prime will be completely dead.

No, don't think it will ever die... Fb is not as popular as it once was and many people are bailing on it as I did years ago...

Prime is an institution and will always be here.

Long live Prime!!!

No, don't think it will ever die... Fb is not as popular as it once was and many people are bailing on it as I did years ago...

Prime is an institution and will always be here.

Long live Prime!!!

Let me clarify. When I said forums are dying (forums in general), they are dying the sense that they don't have the same social appeal they did pre-facebook/pre-social media. Now, I see forums such as NSX Prime (and other technical type of forums) function as a resource for niche type enthusiasts. The social aspect of it has gone. Prime will always be needed, but it's not like how it was in the old days. I simply don't see the majority of people abandoning facebook anytime soon when they can get their social "fix" in real time via facebook. Trust me- I wish we could go back to the old days, but I'm being a realist.

I agree, but even if Facebook did a prime knockoff it still wouldn't kill off a place like nsxprime.

According to the kids these days Facebook is for old folks... It's all about Instagram and snapchat these days:redface:

I have posted a few times on the FB page, and the Prime FB posts pop up often in my Facebook news feed (which is probably why it gets the views that it does from all subscribed members), but it feels like just one long continuous thread, instead of individual threads on here. Something there will be posted that I find interest in, but when I step away and come back to FB Prime, it takes forever to try to find it again on FB (particularly from my mobile phone app), while the search feature is excellent here. In terms of convenience of a smartphone, I just use tapatalk to view all the Prime posts. It is just much more fluid to me than FB.

Last edited:
I am tired of people asking the same questions over and over on the NSXPrime facebook page. It isn't their fault. You can't search for information on Facebook easily. The NSXPrime Forum is king for looking up information without having to ask the entire community first.
A Google search on NSXPrime finds absolutely anything that has been posted in the past.

Example: to search ABS, go to google page and enter: ABS site:nsxprime.com <-- you can't do that on facebook!

Slighty better, is the NSX Owners group FB page. Check it out..... And yes.. yes.. yes....... it's impossible to find anything in a facebook group! I'm in another car related group (which doesn't have a forum), and I'm literally copying/pasting technical type threads into a google doc because I know I wont be able to find it months from now. Sad!

Let me clarify. When I said forums are dying (forums in general), they are dying the sense that they don't have the same social appeal they did pre-facebook/pre-social media. Now, I see forums such as NSX Prime (and other technical type of forums) function as a resource for niche type enthusiasts. The social aspect of it has gone. Prime will always be needed, but it's not like how it was in the old days. I simply don't see the majority of people abandoning facebook anytime soon when they can get their social "fix" in real time via facebook. Trust me- I wish we could go back to the old days, but I'm being a realist.

As a sporadic visitor to the forums, I find it easier to keep up with threads with less socialization. I certainly appreciate the community value of the social relationships, just giving another perspective from a practical standpoint.

P.S. I enjoy the irony that this thread discussing whether FB is killing forums is already longer than 99% of threads on FB. :)

I guess I'm "Internet old". I have been on car fora since the 90's and that's how I'm accustomed to communicating with other car people. In fact, I started on the 'net in the mid '80s in college, when we'd chat in block text on DEC Rainbow machines....but that's another thread and damn, I'm getting old....

I'm usually not on Facebook a lot, but that changed after I purchased my NSX and was introduced to the NSX Owners' Group on Prime, then the NSX Prime FB group, and just this week, NSXmobilia. I'm wondering how deep the rabbit hole goes on FB. Now, I spend as much time on Facebook as on this forum. I'd say the two complement one another mroe than anything. Here, we go by our pseudonyms even though some of us have met on the phone and in real life. On FB, most of the names, though not all, are real. Mine is, anyway.

I definitely don't prefer the lack of searchability of the FB group and NSX Prime shines in that department.

So I'll keep using both, with a prefererence for Prime. I've already got almost 100 posts in less than two months being a member.....jeez.

Anyway, it's winter and many of us have put our cars away, and in the holiday season many of us are more often offline, so of course Prime is slower right now, just like other forums.

PS, what the what about the Wiki? It needs a serious overhaul.

Last edited:
I would be curious how nsxprime is used for the new generation of users who own the NSX 2.0. I'm still amazed at some of the old threads on here, particularly from the early tinkerers when their cars were still under warranty (and hench void their warranty).

There are also other forums that do a great job. S2Ki.com and NASOIC are great forums, with nerdy members that would rival the bests of prime. Unfortunately, there can be a lot of hellaflush muck to wade thru there which makes real information cumbersome to find.

Back