• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

An Intimate Week with Horsepower (Pahrump Event with the BaschBoost)

Originally posted by Exotica:
I don't know Larry at all and won't begin to say anything bad about him...but in this thread we have a first time poster "NOS" sitting down with Larry from NSX Modified and determining that Mark's system isn't capable of meeting the stated power levels, then moments later we have "4g62bt2c30a" (who has been down talking the BaschBoost all along) giving Larry a plug: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003110.html (see post at 13:51 December 04)

Something seems fishy to me...

This was not a PLUG. It is a fact. I answered the question..... Can it be done? Yes, and here is who has done it.....If I had first hand knoledge of someone else doing it in so cal I would have reffered them.

Originally posted by 4g62bt2c30a:
This was not a PLUG. It is a fact. I answered the question..... Can it be done? Yes, and here is who has done it.....If I had first hand knoledge of someone else doing it in so cal I would have reffered them.

Something tells me you wouldn't have given Mark Basch the same recommendation - even if you knew he had done this work before.

Thanks for trying to set the record straight, ilya. I have edited my post to reflect the fact that at this point, Larry's involvement is only an allegation by NOS, and should be considered as such (and taken with a grain of salt).

As we've known all along in this discussion over the past few weeks, there are a few users who have posted to this forum whose posts show that they have ulterior motives - specifically, in slamming one of the NSX community's vendors (who is the most experienced AND the most honest of them all). These posters are all new to these forums, too, and no one has ever met them at an NSX Club event. I wonder whether in fact they might all be the same person - 4i5am6an7@$$8hole and primetime_vtec and NOS, all grinding the same ax. Hmmm...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 04 December 2001).]

Has Mark done this proceedure?

I am not suggesting that he has. In all honesty, I have no idea.

My point is that you have spent a considerable amount of time over the last few weeks trying to discount Mark's system. Your questions were not merely to evoke thought or inquire for answers, but were done with malice. Then you recommend NSX Modified - who provides similar services, including a competing forced induction system. From what I understand about Larry I sincerely doubt he would put you up to such a thing so you must have some hidden agenda of your own.

I am not suggesting that he has. In all honesty, I have no idea.

My point is that you have spent a considerable amount of time over the last few weeks trying to discount Mark's system. Your questions were not merely to evoke thought or inquire for answers, but were done with malice. Then you recommend NSX Modified - who provides similar services, including a competing forced induction system. From what I understand about Larry I sincerely doubt he would put you up to such a thing so you must have some hidden agenda of your own.

Your point is what? That Im a bad guy? Does Larry have a competing forced induction system? And what agenda would I have? It seems that you are just looking to pick a fight? Do you have content to bring to this discussion or are you here to pick on me?

We need to go Jay and Silent Bob on some these guys.
biggrin.gif

Your point is what? That Im a bad guy? Does Larry have a competing forced induction system? And what agenda would I have? It seems that you are just looking to pick a fight? Do you have content to bring to this discussion or are you here to pick on me?

Not suggesting your a bad guy. A rogue maybe.

Are you actually trying to play the victim now???
confused2.gif

Not suggesting your a bad guy. A rogue maybe.

Are you actually trying to play the victim now???
confused2.gif

Not trying to play anything.... Just responding to you
biggrin.gif
.... You implied that I had a connetion to Larry... I responded. I would have responded the same way as if you has said that Mark Basch had asked me post all this to help gain support to sell more kits.....
biggrin.gif
hmmmmm wow! Although that is not the case it is possible. Take the posts how you want... If you choose to respond in this way expect the same level of response.

The end is near,
Corey

You would get that last comment about Jay and Silent Bob if you saw their last film, Jay and Silent Bob Strike back.

Spoiler Ahead:
The plot of the film was that these two guys are getting slammed on the Internet in anonymous chat rooms by kids talking smack. So they decide to go to Hollywood to get even.
Anyway, at the end of the film, they get a big list together of all the addresses of thes kids anonymously talking smack about them on the net. The ending is a musical collage (with 'Kick Some Ass' playing in the background) of them basically flying around the country, showing up at thes kids doors, and beating the snot out of them on their porches. It's actually quite funny.
biggrin.gif

Don't take it personally. It was a joke... not directed at anyone specific.

I believe the picture means we have a few too many trolls here right now.

It is quite amazing to me what a few trolls can do to an entire forum. I am getting to where I don't want to come here as much, and don't look forward to it like I used to before. It seems some of our most knowledgeable posters are wasting time answering people who pretend to want answers, but don't listen to the responses. This will probably be my last post for a while until things settle down and these people get bored and go away. Hopefully Lud will start getting real Email addresses and the anonymity will go away.

I guess the upside is I now know of a movie that I can rent and relate to quite well.

"Jay and Silent Bob" will be on my viewing list very soon!

Originally posted by Carguy!:
I believe the picture means we have a few too many trolls here right now.

It is quite amazing to me what a few trolls can do to an entire forum. I am getting to where I don't want to come here as much, and don't look forward to it like I used to before. It seems some of our most knowledgeable posters are wasting time answering people who pretend to want answers, but don't listen to the responses. This will probably be my last post for a while until things settle down and these people get bored and go away. Hopefully Lud will start getting real Email addresses and the anonymity will go away.

I guess the upside is I now know of a movie that I can rent and relate to quite well.

"Jay and Silent Bob" will be on my viewing list very soon!

What does it mean to be a troll?

***"Jay and Silent Bob" will be on my viewing list very soon!***

They refer in the film to a website called www.moviepoopshoot.com. This site exists. It was created for the film and is hilarious after you have seen it.
Go to the site and then to the shooting range. It has all the hilarious, cursing smack talk that Ben Afleck reads from his computer in the film. All very funny to me.

I think this has been the first film to address computers and the Internet like it actually is.. not dumbed down for the general public.

Originally posted by NOS:
I sat down with Larry from NSX Modified last night looking through the Claims on this new Supercharger set up. Keeping in mind that there is no mention of replacing the injectors for higher flow models, the numbers and hp claims do NOT add up.

Are you stating that the dyno plots are faked or wrong?

For the benefit of the NSX community I tried to prove the math on how the performance can be achieved. I did this as I stated for 2 reasons: 1) The dyno said it was done and 2) I thought there were valid concerns and questions around fuel management and injector sizing. Here's the post I responded to which was started by Cory "4g62bt2c30a".
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003084.html

After I made my post I haven't seen any responses from Bjorn Morris "NOS", Corey "4g62bt2c30a" or "whoever" prime_VTEC on my calculations. Seriously, can you please show the NSX community where the math is wrong?

BY NOT RESPONDING ALL YOU ARE DOING IS HURTING YOUR REPUTATION AND NOT HELPING THE NSX COMMUNITY UNDERSTAND ANYTHING MORE!

So I say put up or become labeled as a TROLL!

What is a troll, you ask? Here's your answer:

troll v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3. [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See also Troll-O-Meter.

So, how does it feel to be a troll on NSX Prime?

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Originally posted by hejo:
Are you stating that the dyno plots are faked or wrong?

For the benefit of the NSX community I tried to prove the math on how the performance can be achieved. I did this as I stated for 2 reasons: 1) The dyno said it was done and 2) I thought there were valid concerns and questions around fuel management and injector sizing. Here's the post I responded to which was started by Cory "4g62bt2c30a".
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003084.html

After I made my post I haven't seen any responses from Bjorn Morris "NOS", Corey "4g62bt2c30a" or "whoever" prime_VTEC on my calculations. Seriously, can you please show the NSX community where the math is wrong?

BY NOT RESPONDING ALL YOU ARE DOING IS HURTING YOUR REPUTATION AND NOT HELPING THE NSX COMMUNITY UNDERSTAND ANYTHING MORE!

So I say putp or become labeled as a TROLL!

I think you are right on in your previous post. The math is as close as I think you can get. The reason I did not want to respond directly because I hoped that someone would take your knoledge and due some due diligence that I would not have to do. My point is this, I may be wrong but it just looks like it took a lot of work to make it all work. at 98% duty and 96 psi it seems like you are pushing the dead limits of all the parts involved. The information on this is out there you just have to look for it.. What happens to injectors at 98% duty? What is the effect of 96 psi over any kind of extended time? I am limited to what I can say due to my past posts..( That was my own doing)... I think that there is little room for error in your math and in the hardware used. It is gonna work or not... How do things such as air temp and altitude change these #s? If you have the ability to alter the fuel curve with a computer wouldn't it better to go with a larger delvery system and then tune with the black box? Big fuel pumps are cheap and you can always use injectors out of another vehicle to cut costs...

More to come
Corey

Originally posted by NSXY:
What is a troll, you ask? Here's your answer:

troll v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3. [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See also Troll-O-Meter.

So, how does it feel to be a troll on NSX Prime?

That's not nice
biggrin.gif

Wow, I did not think I would evoke such a response to my original posting.

Let me clarify :

1. Larry IS a superb mechanic (I am delivering my car there this evening for more work to be done)

2. In a discussion last night he did express his concern how, through running the numbers, the hp gain was possible with the stock injectors (although he conceded that he may not have all the information to accuratly make such an assessment)

3. He did not slam Mark or his reputation (I would not expect Larry to do so as he is a quality professional) (As by the way, I am not either)

My post is purely expressing interest in seeing HOW mark has achieved this performance, nobody more than me would be happy to be pleasantly surprised (or at least understand how he achieved it) - I may even be happy to put my money where my mouth is !

Sckepticicm on my part in no way reflects on Larry - his calculations that he shared with my only helped me draw my thoughts/conclusions. He NEVER slammed Mark, just shared his thoughts on how it was possible given the information he had to hand.

To whomever was confused as to whether I was more than one person on thier board, sorry, tis only me, NOS.

------------------
Bjorn "NOS" Morris

95 Brooklands Green NSX-T
ZEX 150hp shot NOS
Magnaflow Cat Back
OZ 3 Piece Alloys
Lowered Race Springs and Shocks
etc.etc.etc.

My apologies for the harshness. Since your original post was worded in a way that it reflected Larry's point of view, I had to make sure and stick up for him.
All is worked out, nice and civil like.
smile.gif

Back