• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Angeles Crest - The Best Road

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
UPDATE:
Date: Sept 18, Sunday
Time: <strike>9am</strike> 830am
Meet Location: Jay's Shell
4530 Angeles Crest Highway, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011

(818) 790-3836 ‎

Route Info: Pending Road Conditions on the day of. The group will wait at every major turnoff.
Link with Waypoints

Disclaimers:
  • No heroes. Drive within your ability and your car’s ability. This is not the place to learn where your limits are.
  • Please drive 75% of where you think you're limits are.
  • There are no egos on this drive. If you get passed it's ok :). He/she will wait for you.
  • Have a great time and enjoy the best road!

Vehicle Check List:
  • Make sure you have good tires. No balding, cracking, or old tires.
  • Make sure your car is in overall good health. You don't just slide off the road you slide off the mountain. ACH is California’s deadliest road.
  • I will bring a tire pressure gauge and a torque wrench :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw an article on Autoblog this morning that reminded me ACH is really the an awesome stretch of hwy (BMW thinks so too!)

I've wanted to revive this drive event for a while but my car and I have been down for maintenance of sorts. Well, it's almost driveable again and so am I!

I'm thinking Sunday, Sept 18th would be a nice time to bring up some NSX folks. Just a feeler... Les, you feel like helping me coordinate?

Last edited:
Hell yes I'll help:biggrin:. I have been waiting for you to pick a date since we got rained out last time. Just let me know what you need me to do.

Hmmmmmm, interesting. (My B-day is Saturday 9/17. )
If schedule works out, we might be able to join you guys.

Last edited:
My birthday is the 14th and I haven't seen Les in waaay too long, so count me in! :biggrin:

I'll see if Semnos_NSX (Steve) and Patty (not on Prime) want to bring their NSX and S2000 respectively.

I was on this road the weekend after it reopened and it was awesome. Not one car until we came across the Camry that sailed over a piece of rock that then destroyed my lower Type-R bar. Of course that sacrifice saved my front headers...:wink:

Last edited:
Nice to see some interest for a drive event.

LMR - Sent you a PM. Much of the detail is spelled out in the previous thread and we can work on the scheduling stuff closer to the event date. Thanks for your help!

TrackAddict - Bring anything you want! My friend who comes with us regularly has a Miata and he's faster than me in many sections.

9doors - sounds great!

Just a reminder to everyone else. Have fun, drive as fast as you're comfortable going, but know that ACH is mile-for-mile the most dangerous road in CA. Sometimes there can be a lot of CHP up there as well.

Last edited:
Can I bring my Miata? I need tires badly and if I go out with my stock car again I think Jason will mock me into hiding.

Jason is all talk:rolleyes:, bring the NSX:biggrin:

Can I bring my Miata? I need tires badly and if I go out with my stock car again I think Jason will mock me into hiding.

If the miata can hang bring it.... Wait les will be there, you should be fine. Jkjk. Les is a crazy down shifter. He doesnt use brakes. I think he down shifts and uses ebrake lol. Plus i cant hear his car over mine so his secrets a strategy hahaha

Can I bring my powerwheel? I'll modify it for 12 batteries so I can keep up!

Just swap the wheels. The 1 battery burns the plastic wheels, 12 would be impossible for traction....... Or take poor nsx that sits in garage and gets no love lol.

Last edited:
Can I bring my powerwheel? I'll modify it for 12 batteries so I can keep up!

If my son is coming along, I'll have to bring out the escalade. If I'm going solo, I got a porsche, but I modified it to look like Sally:biggrin:

P1030979.jpg

All you supercharged guys better watch out for this

Attachments

• pscooter.jpeg
    pscooter.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
HAHAHAHA.

I just had a mental picture of 15-20 grown men cruising on ACH with powerwheels. Guaranteed someone would film and youtube it lol.

I think the escalade has a better system than the nsx. I only got 1 sub lol

I want to, but my tires do have me concerned (need to get a job so I can fix that issue) we'll see.

If my sister wants to drive the Miata, I'll take the NSX out for another Prime run.

I know a grey NSX just sitting in a garage collecting dust you can drive if the owner:wink: does not show up for this event:biggrin:

TROOF! All that crap in the back is just for looks. I am from the era of the all-show-no-go car days :)

What stuff in the back..... Oh the turbo i swaped into mine, i love it :)

lol I have got to officiate this ongoing rivalry between you two. OR I should just grab popcorn and a drink with an umbrella in it as I watch you two argue about this.

It wont ever end. Beating les is no fun because we couldnt poke at whos better. Every post would be les crying about he was in wrong gear or wasnt trying or must have got 87 gas that day instead of 91 haha. Besides, now that im running the turbo meth kit from steves car, nothing can touch me lol.

Back