• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another CGI event anyone.

I sent my app in over a week ago and Chuck emailed me and said he hasn't gotten it yet. I hope it's not lost in the mail! Brian, looks like you'll be making me look bad in my group this time. :wink:

Briank said:
Will be sending in my application Monday I should be there unless it filled up by all you guys. :wink:

Anyone else taking the ferry across the pond.

Brian,
We have a caravan leaving the Valley Appleton-Oshkosh area around noon on Sunday the 11th and will be heading your way if you want to tag along.

NSX 3.0 said:
Brian,
We have a caravan leaving the Valley Appleton-Oshkosh area around noon on Sunday the 11th and will be heading your way if you want to tag along.

Thanks for the offer I will be on the Lake Express at 12:30. I will be at the hotel at about 5:30 - 6:00. Maybe we can all get together for dinner.

Briank said:
Thanks for the offer I will be on the Lake Express at 12:30. I will be at the hotel at about 5:30 - 6:00. Maybe we can all get together for dinner.

Sounds good we will get there around the same time.

Briank said:
With this being my third HPDE event that's unlikely :smile:
I bet you will be, this spring was just my second school and i was in B group. Basically, if you've done Gingerman once, you get bumped up your second time because instructors aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork for each event.

Which motel are you guuys staying at? Lighthouse Inn?

Sean Williams said:
Knowing what South Haven hotel rates are like, and knowing about the CGI discount at the Lighthouse Inn, it would be foolish to stay at some other hotel...

Sean Williams said:

Yes...Sean we are going through Chitown around 2.30-3.00pm do you want to meet somewhere and tag along.

Last edited:
NSX 3.0 said:
Yes...Sean we are going through Chitown around 2.30-3.00pm do you want to meet somewhere and tag along.

Yeah, I'll caravan with you guys. I'll give you a call later next week and we'll figure where to meet.

Just an update. Looks like we have 11 NSX's comming on the 12th :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing all you guys and gals.

Its too bad that we didn't get the "deal" that you are offering 2 days later on Wed. :frown:

Also a FYI Mike FINALLY got his Widebody delivered!!!! It is in Appleton!!! I have not made it over yet to chat with him. We also may have yet another black NSX in town (5) Bryan Hunters old car was seen in Oshkosh a few days ago. We are trying to find the owner.

RP-Motorsports said:
Its too bad that we didn't get the "deal" that you are offering 2 days later on Wed. :frown:

That "deal" is available to all past participants of a CGI Motorsports Event. As a vendor, you certainly understand that sometimes a circumstance arises that allows you to offer a "special". The same was true with the Invitational. It was not something that was in our plans last year when we contracted for this years dates for our regular schools. An opportunity became available and we thought we would offer it to our past student body.

Hey guys,

I had an absolute blast today, it really was great fun to see Gingerman dominated by NSXs today!! :biggrin:

Tom, thanks for the ride. I think I picked up some tricks from you to finally figure out turns 7-9!!

See ya,
Sean

I echo that sentiment. Had a really good time today, couldn't get a better group. I even think next time I'll be ready to dominate in the advanced group on street tires! :tongue:

Steve, you seem to have a camera at the driving events, I was wondering if you (or anyone for that matter) got a chance to take a pic of Kevin's car with the video camera mounted on the front bumper? If so could you post it?

Sean Williams said:
Hey guys,

I had an absolute blast today, it really was great fun to see Gingerman dominated by NSXs today!! :biggrin:

Tom, thanks for the ride. I think I picked up some tricks from you to finally figure out turns 7-9!!

See ya,
Sean

Sean,
I take it Tom showed you his short cut through the infield... :biggrin: I kid T Bell..I kid. I also picked up a tip from him on the back side. Had a fun ride with John V in his Integra also I must say the guy can drive and Smooth...

Back