• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another hesitation thread probably TPS related

Did you try to turn off the TCS by disabling it with the button on the dashboard? Maybe go for a drive and test it out with TCS off?

This sounds like the problem - An intermittent electrical issue with a bad connection.

yes i try to drive TCS turned off and it did not change a thing.

i am going to sealed my exhaust correctly first (i have a bad fuel smell in the cabine now and this more unbearable than the little hesitation....)
then i am going to check fuel pressure.

the reset i made was correct.

for the 1200rpm bumps at idle i am thinking maybe some air enter the coolant in the EACV or fast idle valve when i changed my TPS and clean the throttle body. i don't recall the car doing this before...
i did not think i would have to bleed the system, do you have any advice?

like you i feel this more like an electronic or electric gremlin, but WHY DOES IT GOES AWAY WHEN I UNPLUG THE TPS OR BOTH THE O2 SENSORS, WHHHYYYYY!!!!!

for the 1200rpm bumps at idle i am thinking maybe some air enter the coolant in the EACV or fast idle valve when i changed my TPS and clean the throttle body. i don't recall the car doing this before...
i did not think i would have to bleed the system, do you have any advice?

I know the fast idle valve has coolant going through it, but any possible air pockets should not cause fast idle bumps since it is just wax. The EACV doesn't have coolant going through it, but it does use the engine coolant temperature sensor as the control input. Again, with the slow response from the coolant sensor changes, it's hard for me to believe an air pocket could cause rapid changes in the idle.

Are you sure the electrical connection pins are tight and making good contact all the time? The TPS connections could get banged around. I would check those again and fix the exhaust leak before anything else.

I will be able to seal the exhaust the first week of September. I will check fuel pressure too
If you have any more ideas until then, I am always listening.
smile.png

Back