• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Tail of the Dragon date...7/7/2006

I think myself, Hugh the professor, and a few M3 friends of mine are heading there for the day. Anyone else interested??

I live in the area. Give me your itinerary for that day (if you have one), and maybe I can meet up with you somewhere along the way. Cell phone coverage is very poor in the region, so its better to have a time and place set aside to meet up.

I will know better on 7/6 if my work schedule will allow me to hang out. Sounds like a fun day. :smile:

James

DocL said:
I think myself, Hugh the professor, and a few M3 friends of mine are heading there for the day. Anyone else interested??

I'm about 80% certain at this time. Depends on business obligations. Captain Ted will be up in Boone, NC then as well so if I go, he'll be there too.

Charlotte loves The Dragon. :)

slaying01.jpg

The Dragon is a go! I'll be staying in Bryson City from Wednesday, July 5th through Saturday, July 8th. I might be bringing a famous actress/friend as co-pilot is she can get away from her shooting schedule. Don't you just love mystery guests? :)

Anyone desiring more information on hotels/drives/dates...........PM me!

DocL was asking me if there were any off camber turns on The Dragon. There are a few that I'm aware of. Here is a shot of one causing a bike to go down. The rider escaped with minor scratches....

04279.jpg

Yogi's at the boarding kennel, Charlotte is all packed and fueled. Tunes have been loaded and my spiritual co-pilot (she knows who she is) is riding shotgun.
See everyone at The Dragon over the next couple of days.

Don't let The Dragon bite you!

Remember..........

It's NOT a racetrack. You go off the road, you're in extremely deep shit. Likewise if you cross the double yellow line. IGNORE your rear view mirrors and CONCENTRATE 110% on the road ahead. No one is going to pass you simply because there isn't enough room. Hell, in places there is hardly enough room for two oncoming cars to safely pass.

Safety first..........Fun a close second!

Meeyatch1 said:
Drive safely!!

...and have Fun!!*~*~*~ :) :smile: Remember, when sleepy, pull aside and catch some zzzzz's..... oh yes, and take pics!!! for those of us unable to attend ;)

Hugh and Ted,
It was nice meeting you guys up on the Dragon on Wednesday. It's always fun to run into other Honda drivers. Hope the rest of your trip went well!

Well we all made it through with no porblems. Heck, I didn't even get pulled over once during the 2,100 miles I put on my NSX last week. The only thing I wish my NSX had during the trip was a cup holder worth more than $.02, otherwise the NSX is a dream to take on a road trip. :smile:

Jek said:
Hugh and Ted,
It was nice meeting you guys up on the Dragon on Wednesday. It's always fun to run into other Honda drivers. Hope the rest of your trip went well!

Nice meeting you too...Our entire trip was a blast...your S2000 was sweet...

Back