• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Florida owners that can give advice on salt spray

I am planning on taking my NSX on two Florida vacations, 4 weeks apart. Is there anything special that you do to protect the paint from that salt and sand spray? I will be in the Destin area and the sand is constantly in the air.

You can always bring your own materials and wash the car at the hotel. Otherwise I'm sure you can find a good hand wash place.

Do you have/use a California Car Duster. It only takes a minute and if done often can keep the sand from accumulating. Just dont "lean" on it.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 19 May 2002).]

Make sure the car has a good coat of wax on it before you leave home.

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
You can always bring your own materials and wash the car at the hotel. Otherwise I'm sure you can find a good hand wash place.

Hint for traveling in a car with a small trunk: Just bring a small amount of car wash liquid with you, and a few all-cotton towels. Remember, every hotel provides you with a car wash bucket in each guest room (they sometimes call it a "waste basket").
wink.gif

i own a hotel out on the beach nothing you'll do to your nsx will stop the grime and greasy film that the car gets at the beach especially when windy just wash it of with soap and water.
p.s. it's not like the car is going to rust
p.p.s try not to use the towels in the rooms to wash your wheels.....lol

Thanks for the advice.I am planning on putting another coat of wax on prior to the first trip, washing it at the end of each day, and then putting the car cover on at night. It will be at a private condo which should eliminate anyone curious enough to try to lift the cover to see what it is. If they did lift it,most would probably say....."Nice Camaro!"
LOL

Back