• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any gun afficianados here?

Oh, Lord have mercy...that is FUNNY! Good to hear you are moving around. Be glad at least that you arent SHIFTYBOB from the other post with only one clip! Imagine being immobile with one clip...EEK!

Some pics of my collection.

IM000018.jpg

IM000632.jpg

IM000643.jpg

Dang everyone's got some real neat guns here. My Dad and I shoot sporting clays (shotgun sports) and we both shoot Perazzis. He shoots a MX2000s and I have a MX12. He just recently bought another with 2 sets of barrels as a back up gun but in my opinon, should've invested in a SC for the NSX instead since our guns rarely break :biggrin:

As for pistols and rifles, thats a completely different world for me as I rarely shoot them.

I was waiting for someone to correct me. :wink: Guilty as charged of using a synonym accepted by most other than those with knowledge of firearms. Typing smaller words helps avoid carpal tunnel syndrome at least.

haha, I correct everyone that says clip instead of magazine, dont take it personal:tongue: . Its One of my pet peeves. At least you knew it was magazine.

Some pics of my collection.

IM000018.jpg

IM000632.jpg

IM000643.jpg

Hmmm so is the California 10 Round Mag limit exempt for you?

Anyone here have any antique or "curio & relic" guns or knives? I've got a bunch that my dad gifted me with last year.

In fact, I'll bet I set some kind of record driving home from Kansas to Florida with a dozen rifles and shotguns, 20 pistols, box of knives and bayonets and many many hundred rounds of assorted ammo in the trunk of my NSX.

Most heavily armed NSX on a 1500 mile road trip through 8 states anyone? :)

Anyone here have any antique or "curio & relic" guns or knives? I've got a bunch that my dad gifted me with last year.

In fact, I'll bet I set some kind of record driving home from Kansas to Florida with a dozen rifles and shotguns, 20 pistols, box of knives and bayonets and many many hundred rounds of assorted ammo in the trunk of my NSX.

Damn, that is a record. I drove from Houston to Dallas with 3 assault rifles and 2 pistols once, but apparently that's nothing.

haha, I correct everyone that says clip instead of magazine, dont take it personal:tongue: . Its One of my pet peeves. At least you knew it was magazine.

Hmmm so is the California 10 Round Mag limit exempt for you?
Are those class III weapons? You should be exempt if so.

Nice to see all the neat weaponry. It's good to know if America's taken by storm {or attempted}, as civilians we are prepared.:biggrin:

I have plenty of 30 round magazines for my AR, I even have a 100 rd mag. The law says you can't buy or sell high capacity magazines, but if you already owned them before it took effect, they are basically grandfathered. I have two A4 flattops that I still need to accessorize.

I made the drive from Little Rock to Oxnard, CA with 2 assault rifles and plenty of ammo in my NSX. May not have been as armed as you, but I got you beat by distance :wink: 1700+ miles.

These two are the real gems of my collection for different reasons.

This is a Colt Single Action Army .45, made in 1875 and in great condition. My dad bought it sometime in the 1950s and I grew up shooting it. To him it was just an old pistol he bought in a pawn shop, but to me it's a childhood memory that I can still enjoy from time to time. It's marvelously light and easy to shoot. It's worth a nice chunk of change these days too.
DSC_1216.JPG

This is a S&W .38 Police Special. My dad carried this as his sidearm when he was a uniformed policeman in the 1950s-1960s. When he was promoted to detective (plain clothes) my mom sent it off and had the engraving done. It's got his name and service anniversary date engraved which happily enough is also my name and my birthday, so it's automatically sentimental. Sadly enough, I HATE shooting this pistol, always have. I can't hit the side of the house with the damn thing, but it sure is pretty.
DSC_1222.jpg

Last edited:
Got this from my friend. Is this a collectable?

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 42
nice thread. Because of hard time I may need to sell my deer rifle. I bought it for elk hunting also. It is a Winchester model 70 featherlite 300WSM. It has a sling and leupold mounts already. The scope is a lowgrade one until i put on a luepold varix2. No scratches and only fired a few times. On a 1/2 in steel plate at 100 yards it will go through. A hardened steel plate it will go half-way. Any interests of thinking of elk hunting or friends that are this is a great gun. The older models used to be used by the marine snipers also. sorry for the thread hijack.

Back