• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Any information on JH4NA1153MT000970

Hi Guys
So i've been searching for my ideal NSX for about half a year now. Finally came across this one local. VIN JH4NA1153MT000970 .

91 Berlina with simple bolt ons and a set of 18 Volk CE28s all around. Any one here run 18s all around versus 17/18s? He says all coolant hoses were replaced, TB/WP replaced at 65k, and alot other maintenance work was done. not in snap ring he says.

This will be my daily driver, and I plan on enjoying the car in all weather conditions here in NJ. probably buy set of blizzaks for the snow. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
+1. There are a few people running 18's all around, but most run with the staggered look. If you like the look, stick with it! IMO, driving it in the snow is playing with fire, but it's your car...

This will be my daily driver, and I plan on enjoying the car in all weather conditions here in NJ. probably buy set of blizzaks for the snow. Any thoughts on that?
I probably have more experience with this than anyone else on this site. Here's a thread you might want to read where I have posted some comments: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155521&highlight=winter

So, to net it out, it's do-able. In NJ you probably get a lot more ice than I have to deal with. If NJ allows you to have studs added to the winter tires, you might want to consider that if you're constantly driving in icy conditions around freezing temps .. or if you have a long driveway that goes uphill. I'd also recommend you get an OEM set of rims to put the winter tires on. 15/16" winter tires will be much cheaper than 18" and with a second set of rims, you'll be able to avoid changing tires & rebalancing in the spring and fall and save wear and tear on your 18" rims. '91 OEM wheels are usually available for cheap because everyone wants to upgrade to larger wheels.

Naturally, in deeper snow I doubt you could get anywhere since the car is so low.
Bob, that's a myth. If you check the factory ground clearance of an NSX versus any other FWD sedan, I think you'll find them within 1/4 to 1/2" of one another. In fact, when I bought my NSX in 2001, it had more OEM ground clearance that the Acura 1.6 EL (Canadian model) that my wife was driving at the time. I've been in snow deep enough to be levelling it as I drove and I have yet to get stuck (with winter tires).

Bob, that's a myth. If you check the factory ground clearance of an NSX versus any other FWD sedan, I think you'll find them within 1/4 to 1/2" of one another. In fact, when I bought my NSX in 2001, it had more OEM ground clearance that the Acura 1.6 EL (Canadian model) that my wife was driving at the time. I've been in snow deep enough to be levelling it as I drove and I have yet to get stuck (with winter tires).

Ground clearance on a stock 1991 nsx is 4.3 inches. Ground clearance on a stock 2012 TL SH-AWD is 5.7 inches. An inch and a half could make a difference in a Northeast snow season.

We were spoiled by a "non-winter" this year but last year I believe we came in close to 80 inches of snow, with most storms dropping at least 6-8 inches. I don't care what tires you put on an NSX but a rear wheel drive sports car with a little over 4 inches of ground clearance is not something I would drive in this area.

Can it be done - sure. Is it the type of car I would want to try it in - not even with your car..........

In NJ you probably get a lot more ice than I have to deal with. If NJ allows you to have studs added to the winter tires, you might want to consider that if you're constantly driving in icy conditions around freezing temps .. or if you have a long driveway that goes uphill.
New Jersey does not get much ice.

And tests have shown that today's modern studless ice and snow tires give better traction in most winter conditions than studded tires with studs installed. (Ref)

I've had a set of Blizzak WS60s on my S2000 and was to get around some really bad snow storms without any problems. I will probably buy an extra set of 91 wheels with winter tires on them!

Anyway, anymore info on the car? Seller says he has done most of the maintenance work on the car.

That includes tb and wp replacement, all coolant hoses (23), spark plugs, fuel filter, coolant bottle,and alot more

What do you guys think is a good price for a 91 with 70k miles 5spd, black/black?

Last edited:
Sounds like most of the important and expensive maint work has been done and if Larry B has done it, he's one of the best. The only other serious wear item would be the clutch and if it's never been done, it may be close to being due.

As the owner of a '91 with all that maint work done, I'd say that's a fair asking price. I think you could get a number of people on this site that would confirm that level of maint is probably worth at least $4k.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to be driving the car this weekend, and potentially be purchasing it. Anyone have any tips on what I should be looking for. Also this will be my first time driving it. Anything to look/hear for when I'm driving it? Also my first car with no power steering...
Thanks in advance!
Mike

Back