• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any information regarding this car? JH4NA1152RT000112

The car was posted on eBay a couple weeks ago and was later taken down, now it's relisted. I ran a carfax on it and everything came back clean. Reason I ask is, he originally had the bid at $30k but has reduced it to $27k. Being that it's low mileage for the year and at that price point, it wouldn't be hard to sell. What am I missing here? Does anyone have any information on the car?

This is the car in question.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...s-Green-Pearl-1994-Acura-NSX-in-Excellent-con

-Steve

Last edited:
here is what needs to be known for future reference:

here is the original ad after he dropped the price from 30k to 29k
ScreenShot2013-08-21at41621PM_zpsb1f84570.png

here is the current ad with updated mileage

ScreenShot2013-08-21at41939PM_zpsfa4cea94.png

here is the ownership details with mileage

ScreenShot2013-08-21at42026PM_zps0167ea55.png

ScreenShot2013-08-21at42036PM_zps3f900edb.png

When I asked the seller (before running carfax) he said that he estimated the total mileage to be around 80k and that the last mileage on the autocheck was around 9000, so "no one but me would ever know" I told him that I don't care that much about mileage but it would be hard to sell this car in the future because I would have to be forthright with a future buyer. As you can see, the mileage was well over 80k even before the cluster was swapped.

I'm not willing to say that the guy is being intentionally dishonest, but the circumstances are murky enough for me to walk away.

On top of that, this guy has only owned the car for a month or so, and I'm betting he paid a lot less than 30k for it. I think he's trying to make a quick buck flipping this car, but that's just an opinion.

It looks like the car was leased at one point, then bought out at the end of the lease? It's hard to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

On top of that, this guy has only owned the car for a month or so, and I'm betting he paid a lot less than 30k for it. I think he's trying to make a quick buck flipping this car, but that's just an opinion.

Looks like I hit the nail on the head, I just found this while digging through google:

ScreenShot2013-08-21at43715PM_zps04220031.png

Sold for ~25k in an ad that listed the mileage as 85k. It seems like the car is legit but the situation gets shadier and shadier.

Last edited:
Awesome work on your end. :clap:

No problem. I read your thread, it looks like we are in the same area looking for almost the exact same car, we need to stay in touch so we can try to avoid bidding each other up on local cars :D

- Ryan (looking for Midnight pearl or brooklands green 94-96)

IDK if this is helpful, but I emailed the seller about the maint history, but couldnt get a direct answer on when the TB and WP was changed. It seemed like he was dodging my direct questions, but I did not pursue it any further.

Same thing here. He said clutch, tb, wp were all changed 10k ago : "I do have some receipt and a file of papers ... I would have to check what is in it"

When I talked to him on the phone, I did call on it when the eBay ad claimed 46k miles, he told me he didn't have any maintenance records. Sketchy.

Ryan - If you do end up finding a Midnight Purple before me, I'll just buy a black one and have it painted another color I really like. :)

Looks like my car is being trashed without the facts ... so lets get the facts right:

I did buy the car last month, received it with part of the dash not working. I brought it to the shop and asked for them to change fluid and investigate the dash issue. I was informed that there are a couple of circuit boards on the back of the dash ... one was malfunctioning ... so we bought a used dash (gauge cluster) and it shows 46k on it. I had to leave for a conference in AZ while this was being done ... but chose to list it anyway and inform potential buyers in the description of the issue (no cover up here or scam).
When the guy called me asking questions ... I could not give him specifics because I was not at home with the paperwork in front of me ... should I have memorized the file? I told him I would check and get back with him!
The guy that put a deposit on the car (also posting here) ... told me after that he did not read the ad entirely and/or did not understand or something like that ... and no longer wanted the car ... I refunded the deposit less ebay relisting fees ... which I think was more than fair because the ad states deposit is non-refundable! Again ... no scamming anyone!

I got back in town again on Friday (I travel a lot) ... read through my emails ... and the mechanic told me he was able to use the circuit boards from the used cluster and put it on the original cluster ... so the car has it's original cluster with mileage.

The car WAS NOT repainted ... I asked the previous owner again and have emails from him ... the guy who posted that on the Ferrari forum is a bold face Liar trashing the car.

The ebay ad has been updated and relisted!

I am surprised at how people are posted stuff factually incorrect and then trashing me / the car as some type of scammer ... especially when the guys posting here have talked with me and know the facts ... almost as bad as the ferrari guys!

How about we do not tell half truths here guys ...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW yes I bought the car for 25400 ... and the dumped almost 2k getting it repaired ... never mind the transporter fees ... so if you think I am flipping the car to make a quick buck ... think again! At my current list, I am losing money ...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW2: I never said I did not have any records for the car ... I said I was unsure of what records I had and that I would need to check. Like I said above, I did not have the file memorized! This car has plenty of past records from the acura dealership!

Last edited:
Looks like my car is being trashed without the facts ... so lets get the facts right:

I did buy the car last month, received it with part of the dash not working. I brought it to the shop and asked for them to change fluid and investigate the dash issue. I was informed that there are a couple of circuit boards on the back of the dash ... one was malfunctioning ... so we bought a used dash (gauge cluster) and it shows 46k on it. I had to leave for a conference in AZ while this was being done ... but chose to list it anyway and inform potential buyers in the description of the issue (no cover up here or scam).
When the guy called me asking questions ... I could not give him specifics because I was not at home with the paperwork in front of me ... should I have memorized the file? I told him I would check and get back with him!
The guy that put a deposit on the car (also posting here) ... told me after that he did not read the ad entirely and/or did not understand or something like that ... and no longer wanted the car ... I refunded the deposit less ebay relisting fees ... which I think was more than fair because the ad states deposit is non-refundable! Again ... no scamming anyone!

I got back in town again on Friday (I travel a lot) ... read through my emails ... and the mechanic told me he was able to use the circuit boards from the used cluster and put it on the original cluster ... so the car has it's original cluster with mileage.

The car WAS NOT repainted ... I asked the previous owner again and have emails from him ... the guy who posted that on the Ferrari forum is a bold face Liar trashing the car.

The ebay ad has been updated and relisted!

I am surprised at how people are posted stuff factually incorrect and then trashing me / the car as some type of scammer ... especially when the guys posting here have talked with me and know the facts ... almost as bad as the ferrari guys!

How about we do not tell half truths here guys ...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW yes I bought the car for 25400 ... and the dumped almost 2k getting it repaired ... never mind the transporter fees ... so if you think I am flipping the car to make a quick buck ... think again! At my current list, I am losing money ...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW2: I never said I did not have any records for the car ... I said I was unsure of what records I had and that I would need to check. Like I said above, I did not have the file memorized! This car has plenty of past records from the acura dealership!

Quoted for posterity.

Here is an edit history of the ebay ad, something I hadn't noticed before. It's unclear what the edits were.

ScreenShot2013-08-24at50238PM_zps97296856.png

Here are some of the messages between the seller and myself. These took place after the deposit had been payed and after I noticed the ad mentioning the dash swap. When I purchased the car, I knew that it was mileage exempt, but I assumed the mileage was correct, since it was not listed as TMU. I either somehow missed the part about the dash swap, or it wasn't in the ad the last time I looked at it (the day before I paid the deposit). I can't say for certain.

photo-1_zpse1fc799a.png

photo_zps2f084448.png

photo-2_zps3ea45c62.png

Ryan is still insinuating that I may have changed the ad ... which did not happen. It was even discuss in the Ferrari chat forum days before ... thanks again for trying to paint me as a scammer. We live to close for this kinda of accusation ... maybe we should meet and discuss in person! Do not forget ... the internet works both ways.

No Ryan, you got me all wrong.

What we have here is just a guy that made a mistake and decided he would throw someone else under the bus for it ... thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW ... all I want is for you to tell the full truth ... is that really that hard for you. At least you started too on the Ferrari website now that the truth is coming out ... what about here?

Last edited:
lol....................

rskdsk - At this point, if you really want to put this "misinformed information" to an end, I'd suggest having a PPI performed on the car at a recognized shop and post up the results. Who did the dash swap? Do you have the receipt for this job?

The original parts were used on the car with the exception of one circuit board. The new owner has all documents and has spoken with the mechanic ... I really do not care what Ryan thinks ... I have many friends in Gainesville that know him as what he really is.

Probably just as likely that the new owner found Jimmy Hoffa's body in the trunk, too. But hey, I hope the new owner gets years of satisfaction and enjoyment out of the car, especially with all the money they probably saved on the purchase due to your antics. :)

The car WAS NOT repainted ... I asked the previous owner again and have emails from him...

The results of a paintmeter test can establish a panel as having OEM paint or a re-paint... from a factual basis
Higher-end body shops will likely have a professional meter and can record the results and give their assessment
The previous owner statements are anecdotal at best

Redwings ... That would have been the best test, never thought of it. I suppose the past owner could have lied, either way, the car looked factory perfect.

944turbo ... I did look in the trunk ... no bodies or stolen Tennessee guns either ... you should know about antics, you seem to have quite a few going around.

Back