• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Officine Panerai Fans?!

Well to tell you the truth, I was never into these things...always using my phone just to tell time. But a buddy of mine let me wear one around the office and I gotta say I've got many compliments on this time peace...one nice young lady said "that watch makes your oufit, no matter what your wearing".....so it got me thinking, I don't have any plans soon at all but damn these are really nice watches and not flashy at all.

The picture below is my buddies new delivery...if your fans you know who he is a major player when it comes down to these watches.

Slytech.jpg

Alittleboost said:
one nice young lady said "that watch makes your oufit, no matter what your wearing".....so it got me thinking, I don't have any plans soon at all but damn these are really nice watches and not flashy at all.
I have to agree with the young lady. Regardless if you are wearing t-shirt/jean or expensive designer suit/clothing. A decent looking watch will go well with either outfit.

On the other hand, You can wear a nice suit or designer outfit, but if you don't got a semi presentable watch or at least something looks decent, that would look really funny.

Watch and cars are man's toy. Car is your basic transporation or pleasure ride. A timepiece is the most basic accessary for a man, something you wear everyday.

Panerai is nice, a bit too high end for me. I don't need anything fancy, a sporty Rolex explorer II with black dial will do. I will make that my next timepiece purchase. Nice watches hold their value just like cars. If you can buy at less than retail, you can get 70~100% of your money back if you ever decide to sell or upgrade.

Definately a Panerai / Watch addict

My Panerai 104 and Breitling Superocean. I have had the panerai for just over a year now and the Superocean for 6.

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

I would really like to get the pam 127 beautiful watch!

i have a pam 88, i want to get either a pam 162 still or a pam 26 sweeping hand on a power reserve.
sly tech is not my style. but is a grip of cheese for it

A colleague of mine collects watches and his tone of voice turns all googoo gaga over these panerai.Can you enlghten us as to why folks pay 20-100k for these things?

20-100k is a bit overboard for me. the watch making is sort of the same concept as car making. We can all buy a kia rio (kinda like a seiko, guess watch) but we opt for the NSX or some type of exotic ( swiss automatic, hand made ) so you get what you pay for.

I personally wont spend more than 5k on a watch, and I have spent a few thousand on some.....I belive the Panerai's are flashy. Maybe the design isnt, but they sport the trend of larger faces and cases, thus showing or standing out than another watch. I actually like the Breitling than the Panerai.

But I start to think, damn 2-3k on a watch could be great mods on the NSX!

Can one of you gents adopt me so I can also enjoy Panerai!:biggrin:

5inchfatlip said:
20-100k is a bit overboard for me. the watch making is sort of the same concept as car making. We can all buy a kia rio (kinda like a seiko, guess watch) but we opt for the NSX or some type of exotic ( swiss automatic, hand made ) so you get what you pay for.

I personally wont spend more than 5k on a watch, and I have spent a few thousand on some.....I belive the Panerai's are flashy. Maybe the design isnt, but they sport the trend of larger faces and cases, thus showing or standing out than another watch. I actually like the Breitling than the Panerai.

But I start to think, damn 2-3k on a watch could be great mods on the NSX!

The history of panerai is long but...they were diving watches by the Italian Navy Seals...so in that case the faces had to be big...the are really nice watches.......the picture above is part of an 30+ Panerai collection...its amazing how much he has, again he is like a broker for panerai...and know world wide for his collection and contacts, still one of the best looking watches in my book.

I have the Pam 220 (1 of 400) and I absolutely love the watch. When you start to do your research on the watch it is amazing the history behind it. Having the option to buy any watch that I want (for a daily driver so to speak) it nuts that you can't just go to the Panerai boutique and just buy one. Tourneau down in South Coast Plaza had hundreds of rolexs, brietlings, even a dozen of pateks... but only three panerai!!

I find myself, just like the nsx, seeking out the owners and giving them their props. Its not as pretentious as a rolex because the masses doesn't even know the brand and to be frank that's what I like. Most of the watches today that are going to the oversized faces are doing so because its trendy, panerai was because it was function. If you even look at costco.com you will find pateks! Just like your nsx...it was a mission to find her/him...

We all are seeking to be individuals and have our own 'style' and in my eyes, the historical value, craftsmanship, exclusitivity, and presence sold me. Just another part of my life that i will pass on to my son (when i have one).

The royal oak is probably my next piece. :biggrin:

http://www.audemarspiguet.com

My dream watch is the RM 008 V2

http://www.richardmille.com/

medusa said:
I have the Pam 220 (1 of 400) and I absolutely love the watch. When you start to do your research on the watch it is amazing the history behind it. Having the option to buy any watch that I want (for a daily driver so to speak) it nuts that you can't just go to the Panerai boutique and just buy one. Tourneau down in South Coast Plaza had hundreds of rolexs, brietlings, even a dozen of pateks... but only three panerai!!

I find myself, just like the nsx, seeking out the owners and giving them their props. Its not as pretentious as a rolex because the masses doesn't even know the brand and to be frank that's what I like. Most of the watches today that are going to the oversized faces are doing so because its trendy, panerai was because it was function. If you even look at costco.com you will find pateks! Just like your nsx...it was a mission to find her/him...

We all are seeking to be individuals and have our own 'style' and in my eyes, the historical value, craftsmanship, exclusitivity, and presence sold me. Just another part of my life that i will pass on to my son (when i have one).

The royal oak is probably my next piece. :biggrin:

http://www.audemarspiguet.com

My dream watch is the RM 008 V2

http://www.richardmille.com/

You sir seem to know your watches....I new nothing until I started with my new firm....incase you are looking for panerai's at Tourneau in south coast...if they can't answer your questions or find a panerai for you, most likely my office will be getting a call...to my buddy pictured above, good luck with the audermars piguet...nice watch...if you have anymore acquisitions of pam's i'll be sure to put in a good word for you with my pal...who's name I won't release, to help assist you with your next purchase.

I like the meaning and people behind this watch brand who are true paneristi's.
Most are very passionate and they dont judge you just cuz you have one or the basic Panerai watch. I dont know how to explain it.

For those who came together for Hammer last year, was a great outlook in my eyes from the outside looking in. I never met him, but was very nice to see how much support he gets from people all over the world just to lift him up and bring him to San Diego for a gathering and physical therapy center from Australia.

I have to admit, i became a paneristi fan when i picked up a Panerai a couple of years ago. I had no idea at the time that a friend of mine was so passionate bout his Panerai. It was nice to link up with him after a few years of M.I.A.

I also love all the after market straps that these people make. It gets expensive once you start buying 1 strap , than another and another...
lucky for me...i am waiting for mine still :biggrin: (Saves money for straps)

i love my panerai...non flashy thanks to the PVD case and black strap, and NO ONE knows what it is:biggrin:

I had 3 PAMs, but just unloaded one recently, so i just have a 005 and 249 now. The wife has taken over the 005, and the 249 is in the safe. :biggrin:

My PAM005 Logo
Slide6.jpg

My PAM217...wish i would have kept it :mad:
Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Ive got a Breitling Crosswind Racing Stainless/Stainless which I adore to wear daily. It has held up amazing well for the past 5 years.

IMG_1177_1_1.jpg

But now Im thinking about adding another and Im drawn to the Bell&Ross Instrument collection, like this one.

150221132254_1_0_1.jpg

Im looking for something black with a black rubber strap, unique, titanium and carbon fiber are plusses. Anyone have any suggestions? $5kish is fine, $10kish is more than Im thinking.

Anyone have any suggestions? $5kish is fine, $10kish is more than Im thinking.

Bio - B&R is nice (ive tried them), but how about a Hublot Big Bang All Black or an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore (AP ROO) Black Themes.

IMO, cant go wrong with an AP ROO similar to this one: (http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121582). More like 14k used, but worth every penny.

ROO-3.jpg

ROO-1.jpg

The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Rubens Barichello II (RBII) in Titanium is probably what you want, but BIG $$ ~50k.

http://timetapestry.blogspot.com/2007/11/one-of-my-absolutest-favouritest.html

ok sorry to go off on an AP tangent, but im a Panerai and AP lover :biggrin:

I congratulate you guys on your level of success to allow you to spend so much money on watches. I personally cannot fathom the idea of spending $20k on a watch. Heck, when the battery on my current watch died, I just stopped wearing a watch at all. :redface:

My brother is a watch guy. He has all sorts of watches that I have never heard of that cost more than most nice cars. To each their own...I just do not see it. Maybe I am just a cheap bastard. :cool:

I dont care for the HUBLOT Big Bang watches.
I had a chance to buy it awhile ago but it wasn't something that attracted me to it.
on the other hand, i love the AP ROO...i want one!!! I tried one of them on earlier today at my friends house....man what a nice watch. I compared it to the size of the PAM's and it was smaller looking than the PAM. But is a nice size watch.

DC 935, nice selection on your Panerai's. 249's pretty cool. I don't think i tried on any Radiomir watches yet. Hope to one day.

But I would like to get the AP ROO first.

Funny u (DC935) showed the White Strap on the 005
I was actually at my friends looking for a white strap for my 220 this morning,
but ended with the oem black velcro with blue letters on it.

Back