• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any potential issues here?

10/10 combo all other parameters being the same tends twords over-steer,or loose.

Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

try this one.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ What you see here, is the highest possible setting of the BC coilovers with 18in up front running a 215/35/18.
It leaves about a 1.5 inches of travel in the shock before it makes contact with the fender liner and shatters your delicate aluminum can fender.

- - - Updated - - -

Another shot.View attachment 122633

Here are Right side and Left side respectively:
http://imgur.com/ut9UlQJ
http://imgur.com/xCi0s2A

Also to note, if I were to take a picture from the same angle as your picture, you probably couldn't see hardly any gap between tire and fender.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are Right side and Left side respectively:
http://imgur.com/ut9UlQJ
http://imgur.com/xCi0s2A

Also to note, if I were to take a picture from the same angle as your picture, you probably couldn't see hardly any gap between tire and fender.
View attachment 122673View attachment 122674

I bought the BC coilovers to try and raise my car. Here is my wheel at full ride height up front. As you can see, not too far off from what you have. You can also see my cracked fender. If you buy them, I recommend running full hard setting with fender liners. Front jacking points are only 4.25 of the ground. The only front lip I can run is Oem.

View attachment 122673View attachment 122674

I bought the BC coilovers to try and raise my car. Here is my wheel at full ride height up front. As you can see, not too far off from what you have. You can also see my cracked fender. If you buy them, I recommend running full hard setting with fender liners. Front jacking points are only 4.25 of the ground. The only front lip I can run is Oem.

I'm really surprised I haven't done the same thing to my fender. I've hit a few holes that made me shudder. At this point I need to get this project, new driveshafts on both sides as well as new center console/stereo and other interior goodies done before June. Trying to do a Grand Canyon north rim drive with a couple Prime guys out of Denver. With all of those I don't think I'll be able to pull off the KW's. I'll go with the BC's for now. I just paid the car off a few weeks ago so that's a good large chunk of monthly $$ that I can put toward the KW's if the BC's aren't satisfactory. Just not in time for June.

I'm also not the smallest nsx driver so that may be to blame as well.

- - - Updated - - -

But either way, you will like them. They are a nice entry level coil over. Down the road you'll start to notice issues with them as far as rebound, compression, ect. But you can't beat the price.

- - - Updated - - -

^That's one way of doing it... I really need to finish my inner liner design which will fix all of these problems... Just difficult when my car is on the other side of the country. Anyone in South Florida want to lend their car for a week for development?
Stuntman, first off I love your posts and respect your view extremely as a poster here. But pleeeez, get us some better fender liners and fast! I will circle like a shark waiting for these.
Thank you!

I'm also not the smallest nsx driver so that may be to blame as well.

- - - Updated - - -

But either way, you will like them. They are a nice entry level coil over. Down the road you'll start to notice issues with them as far as rebound, compression, ect. But you can't beat the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Stuntman, first off I love your posts and respect your view extremely as a poster here. But pleeeez, get us some better fender liners and fast! I will circle like a shark waiting for these.
Thank you!

Thanks to all those that have provided info and suggestions. I love the community here and how helpful everyone had been for an NSX noob like me. Though I still can't believe it's been 18 months since I bought mine.

Stuntman, I second Jinks for the new fender liners. Mine exist, but are are pretty ragged. If I were anywhere near south FL, you could borrow mine for a week but I'm like 3000 miles away. hah.

Jinks, One last question before I place my order, is there a need for the dampening extenders? I looked at the rears and couldn't see that they would absolutely be needed, but might make it slightly easier. As soon as I know this, I'll be putting my order in.

No extenders needed.

Would you guys want front and rear or just front liners made? I may actually be able to get these underway soon, but I need to source some material. What would you guys pay for a plug and play liner thats water jet cut with all the holes and plastic fasteners included for a quick and simple install?

Would you guys want front and rear or just front liners made? I may actually be able to get these underway soon, but I need to source some material. What would you guys pay for a plug and play liner thats water jet cut with all the holes and plastic fasteners included for a quick and simple install?

The rear liners I don't think ever really become an issues except for guys running hella flush wheels. But I would definitely be interested in front liners which instantly go upwards and tuck high into the fender for maybe like 400$ up front. Oem liners are like 120 bucks a pop.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think if you priced the first few sets at an introductory price and they work flawlessly, the word will get out fast and sales will rise.

$400 a side seems high, although $200 a side seems reasonable. Agree only front is necessary. I've wondered about trying to modify the OEM ones with a heat gun.

$400 a side seems high, although $200 a side seems reasonable. Agree only front is necessary. I've wondered about trying to modify the OEM ones with a heat gun.

What I meant was, 400$ for the fronts. 1 set. Sorry.

I'm on board with Jinks. I'd pay up to $400 for a set of front liners. Mine are pretty buggered up and worn. If you can do them for less, I doubt any of us would be heartbroken. ;) Keep us posted on progress and if you need anything from us.

FYI, for the thread here, I did go ahead and order the BC's at 8kg rear 10kg front. It will be a few weeks before I put them in as I have a trip to mexico coming up. I will also be changing out my driveshafts at the same time. If anyone is interested in new driveshafts, check out my thread below and PM me if you're interested in jumping into the group buy.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/188613-New-Driveshafts-Best-source-to-purchase

Thanks guys, it's great to see everyone thinking alike. I too was targeting $400/front set. My friend's shop near me in Florida is on board and i'm lining up a car to take to them for templating. I think the first step is to come up with a liner solution that replaces the factory arch liner with one that protects the majority of the fender from reverse chips, but increases the diameter of the inner 'arch' so larger tires, wider tires, and lower ride heights will not cause rubbing issues.

The solution I have in mind would protect the majority of the fender from reverse chips but would not use the factory outer tabs. These tabs are in the way of the tire anyway and folding them up and out of the way will increase room for the tire to tuck under the fender.

I'll keep you guys posted and will probably start a new thread.

Seems like a good plan regarding the outer tabs. When I was putting a new liner in last night I was thinking about what I could glue to the inside of the fender to use as an attachment point for a different liner. Will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks guys, it's great to see everyone thinking alike. I too was targeting $400/front set. My friend's shop near me in Florida is on board and i'm lining up a car to take to them for templating. I think the first step is to come up with a liner solution that replaces the factory arch liner with one that protects the majority of the fender from reverse chips, but increases the diameter of the inner 'arch' so larger tires, wider tires, and lower ride heights will not cause rubbing issues.

The solution I have in mind would protect the majority of the fender from reverse chips but would not use the factory outer tabs. These tabs are in the way of the tire anyway and folding them up and out of the way will increase room for the tire to tuck under the fender.

I'll keep you guys posted and will probably start a new thread.
Right on point. The retainer clip points are right in the way. What other mounting options are there though without drilling, gluing, or fender rolling?

I think the new liner could be held in place with just the inboard mounting tabs and not use the outer fender-mounted tabs (which you should bend and fold up and out of the way with your hands or lightly with a rubber mallet). The goal is a liner that requires no tools or modifications to the car.

Cool. I have a ready had to bend the tabs back down prior to me installing fender liners on my car which were missing so they should be nice and pliable by now.

Back