• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any reason to not buy the orange 2019?

Seriously considering picking up an orange NSX. I personally love the color. Do y’all think it will be hard to sell whenever I’m done? I know yellow is really tough to move but I think orange is second only to blue in the perfect NSX color. Hoping to grab one for 115k here soon with the soft economy.

"Hard to sell later" is so far down the list of considerations I can't even fathom it. This isn't a Civic. You said you love the color, so buy it. When it comes time to sell later, deal with that then.

I've seen the orange in person and it's quite spectacular. I don't think you can go wrong. The only issue is that nearly all of the 19's were orange.... But I agree, buy and enjoy, life is short.

There were no appreciable design changes, and after 2 1/2 years of the same color, new buyers ALL wanted something different. The car also looked really terrific in the bright metallic orange.....

There were no appreciable design changes, and after 2 1/2 years of the same color, new buyers ALL wanted something different. The car also looked really terrific in the bright metallic orange.....
Ah it’s metallic? I can’t even see it in person no one is selling an NSX in my area. Closest one is a 4 hour drive away. I’ve never even sat in one yet. Assuming it can’t be much different from my LC500 or Z06

Yes, very fine metallic, but it looks really good. It looks solid orange in pictures. I saw one on a showroom floor, and I'm sure it is really spectacular in the bright sun. I wonder if the yellow is metallic also??? Anyway, you cannot go wrong with the orange. Gives a very exotic look to the car, and it goes well with any black or carbon fiber trim, and the lines of the car come through nicely.

I think the rather simple or cohesive exterior design of NC1 allows it to wear crazy bright colors well..Busy designs like the C8 not so much...

I'd go orange with blue int.
Is having trouble even finding an orange car with the CF options I want. I may have to order a 2020. I’m not looking forward to that since it’s not like I know which Acura dealers in Texas will even discount NSX’s and which are going to act like it’s MSRP or nothing until the process has started.

I wonder why almost all the 19s were orange. Normally it’s extremely hard to find an orange car. I’ve always wanted one.

A bunch of dealers ordered the new color (orange) last year.

My servicing dealer had one in the showroom. I liked the orange color, as mentioned the paint has fine sized color flakes in it.

The orange one I saw had a blue interior. I find the blue too light a shade, for me the blue interior would go really well with white or silver exteriors.

Orange and blue go well together in my opinion, but I agree that the NSX blue interior is way too light and not what I was expecting. It needed to be a dark navy blue......

Yes, very fine metallic, but it looks really good. It looks solid orange in pictures. I saw one on a showroom floor, and I'm sure it is really spectacular in the bright sun. I wonder if the yellow is metallic also??? Anyway, you cannot go wrong with the orange. Gives a very exotic look to the car, and it goes well with any black or carbon fiber trim, and the lines of the car come through nicely.
View attachment 164823
IMG_20181223_105402.jpg

I’m having a hell of a time finding an orange car with the options I want in Texas (lender requirement). I’m probably just going to order a 2021 whenever they start taking them.

I’m having a hell of a time finding an orange car with the options I want in Texas (lender requirement). I’m probably just going to order a 2021 whenever they start taking them.
If you get a new one, you must finance though Acura Financial to get the $20k incentive. If you order now, you'll likely have an early August delivery.

Yeah I have an 820 FICO I’m sure I can get a decent rate. If I buy used I have to buy in Texas with my lender.

i was told September by my dealer for a 2020. At that rate I’ll just wait and hope 2021 sees some updates or more discounts.

Last edited:
Love my Orange 2019 with the black interior. Have black wheels and chrome delete so its pretty much just black and orange on the car, looks pretty exotic. If you do get one, be prepared to get lots of attention. I mean, lots. More than any car I've owned by a large margin.

Back