• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any tips on photographing a car?

I am selling my Mustang before the cold weather sets in - if all goes well it should be replaced by a NSX after I complete my goal in March - and I wanted to snap a few shots of it to include in the ad. I figured I would take it up to a park this weekend (or some place similar) so that I can get some better shots but I wondered if anyone had any general advice of the do's and don'ts to photographing a car. Or any photos they would recommend including in a photo shoot for a for sale car.

Car is in good shape, so good photos should do nothing but help it.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

P.S. gimme a hollar if you want to buy a red 2007, 33k miles mustang ;)

When taking pics to sell a car, the general rule of thumb is- take alot of pics! You don't need to be fancy, as the potential buyer just wants to have a good idea of the condition, etc. Highlight any potential issues and also try to be accurate with the color, etc. so the buyer has a good idea of the condition before seeing it in person. Good luck!

Last edited:
One picture that seems to help sell is that of inside the trunk with all the service records, manuals, and keys fanned out like a display.

Also try to take the pictures in the morning or in the evening to capture the best natural lighting.

Review the pics and make sure there isn't something wierd in the background or in the reflections.

Last edited:
Back