• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody collect sneakers?

I looked at my collection of shoes and said to myself " hmmm I might have a little shoe problem" I ended up today buying another pair of shoes that are "good for driving". I didnt really buy them for that reason. I mostly bought them because they are so sick looking. So does anybody here collect sneakers like I do? Showing pictures of them would be great. Ill post some of mine tomorrow.

I don't now but man when I was younger... I blew all kinds of money on them. I rememeber 5th-6th-7th-8th grade I had every Jordan, Bo Jackson, etc that Nike released. I would cut grass for 15-20 people a week just to be able to buy cool shoes and clothes. Then I sold them all to fund my first automotive project :). Now I have about 7-8 pair of shoes for all different purposes but not near the level I was back then. I will see if I can dig up some old pics of them.

27771_556264810647_4039446_n.jpg

lol once upon a time​

Not sneakers, but I do collect Exotic Cowboy Boots....:cool:

I only collect Jordans (the ones that I think look good ie, not many of the later ones. lol) I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XVII, XXII.

I also have the yellow and black bruce lee osaka tigers.

i collect but not crazy like i use tooo. lol i have mostly jordan 3 4 and 11 and random nike sb and some bapesta , about 100+ ds pairs every now and then ill un ds something. but now i days i rather buy car parts , but i usually still collect the 11s that drop.

no pics i rather not unbox and take pics plus alot of my older shoes are still at my moms house which i use for storage. mostly pennys, af1's and random air max's

in hindsight i regret the amount of dollars and time spent lol and buying so many pairs of the same shoes esp since some of them dont age well . o well lol

Last edited:
Wow, I cannot believe I did not see this thread. I have been into shoes since I was little but starting collecting about 10 years ago, all Nike and most of them Air Maxes. Used to have some Jordans but no more. I have about 135 pair right now but sell many on EBay so w/o all my sales I would easily have 200+. :eek: I snap some pics of my "shoe room" yeah I have a room dedicated to sneakers, man I need help. Pics later......:smile:

Last edited:
As promised here are a few iphone pics of the shoe room. :biggrin:

9a008d26.jpg

a83b9857.jpg

3e3d58d2.jpg

512dc4ed.jpg

^^^There are a few I have not worn and most likely will not due to their age but 95% I wear but since there are so many they all look new. :)

well, there was an episode on modern marvels about bricks, and they visited a brick collector. Guy had thousands in his garage. He could identify what type of building, what era, what the brick materials were, and which companies made which bricks. I remember thinking "wow.. guess for every thing in the universe, there's some nutcase who wants to collect it.."

cmon guys these last few posts kinda hurt the folks who are willing to share thier unique hobbies.........sneaker collecting (hoarding) is more common than you would think.

cmon guys these last few posts kinda hurt the folks who are willing to share thier unique hobbies.........sneaker collecting (hoarding) is more common than you would think.

Collecting anything is still retarded IMO. Guess I'm just not that materialistic. It's like buying an NSX or any car, and you just let it sit in the garage. I prefer to enjoy the things I have. If I don't have a use for something, it's being sold, donated, recycled, or going in the dumpster.

Collecting anything is still retarded IMO. Guess I'm just not that materialistic. It's like buying an NSX or any car, and you just let it sit in the garage. I prefer to enjoy the things I have. If I don't have a use for something, it's being sold, donated, recycled, or going in the dumpster.

Well there are guys on the board with 2-3 NSXs. You can't drive all of them at one time. Sooo is that retarded too?

It has nothing to do with being materialistic.

Well there are guys on the board with 2-3 NSXs. You can't drive all of them at one time. Sooo is that retarded too?

It has nothing to do with being materialistic.

materialistic? I don't think so. Screw loose? Mayhap..

Trying to think if i collect anything...

hmm.

not really. I do have 4 cars, but one is a tow vehicle, one is family mobile, and 2 are sports cars. I'd hardly call 2 of the same type (different models/makes) collecting. Oh wait. I do seem to collect people at work who don't do shit.

Interesting perspective. Perhaps you could broaden your horizons and understand that not everyone enjoys the things they have in the same way you do.

For instance- NSXs.

Some people enjoy doing their own work on them, while some people prefer to have work done by a shop.
some people enjoy customizing their NSX, and there are several subcatagories of that- everything from installing a new stereo to installing a widebody kit...
some people enjoy owning a piece of history, and want to keep it stock
some people enjoy tracking them
some people like to just go for long drives
Some people enjoy displaying the car at car shows
some people drive them every day, others just drive them on the weekend.
Some people have several cars along with an NSX and divide their time driving them accordingly.

Some guys like collecting tennis shoes I guess. I've got a pair of the re-released Jordan VIs. They were a gift from my wife a few years back, but I have only tried them on a few times. I had a pair when I was a kid, and when the re-releases came out I saw them in a store and mentioned to my wife they had been my favorite shoes when I was 15. She bought them for me as a surprise, but 37 yr old me doesn't really have the same style as 15 yr old me, so they sit on a shelf in our rec room. People ask about them, and they have started a lot of conversations about the old Jordans, and which pairs people had. Those shoes seem to resonate with a lot of people my age.

P

You guys would not believe what peiserg collects.............the gum that gets stuck to his shoes....for real..he has each piece carefuly mounted and framed........:eek:

Back