• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else getting phone calls from Acura corporate to test drive NSX in Mojave?

Just as the title reads, last three days I've had two phone calls from very pleasant nice ladies asking me to test drive the NSX in mojave, they specifically mentioned a closed course track and launch control.....I hope these are priced cars and not exposure cars, I don't think I really want one after that experience. In any event, I told her I live 25 minutes from the factory and it's a kick in the pants that I actually can't go up to the factory and take one for a spin... anyways, at least it shows they're trying... sales obviously picked up but it took a big chunk of truck money and some heavy discounts by dealers..... it's a nice idea I can remember doing a similar event when the California T was introduced but they actually had a roaming tour that hit around 20 major cities and we got to drive them all on the street....I like the idea of ringing one out on a closed course...hats off to Acura on this one.

I did the test drive event at HPC and it was magnificent. I highly recommend going anyone who is invited and is able to. Certainly opened my eyes to the capabilities of the car and moved up my timeline for acquiring one :)

That being said it is mysterious that they've never done one at the TRC right next door to the factory in Ohio. Maybe not this time of year but once it warms up in the spring...

I had heard about these test drives a few months ago.

It is kind of a program thing. Acura put a few things in place to get target customers some seat time.

I believe the one you are referring to includes a track so you can get a better sense of what the car is capable of.

I can understand that it makes more sense to put a program in place in CA with the biggest car culture in the country and lots of folks with coin (especially now with the stock run ups) instead of closer to the factory in Ohio.

Not saying it is right but it is expectable.

Agree with cali, but the transportation research center is quite the facility. For those unfamiliar with the history it deserves a one minute wiki read
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transportation_Research_Center

Plus then you're right near the factory you could do a factory tour, I suggested this option and they're supposed to get back to me, likely won't happen till summertime but they are considering. It's like -10° now

It would be nice if Acura would through a Summer event for owners at the Ohio facility, have the excellent Ohio band the National play and serve lots of Graeters ice cream

I had heard about these test drives a few months ago.

It is kind of a program thing. Acura put a few things in place to get target customers some seat time.

I believe the one you are referring to includes a track so you can get a better sense of what the car is capable of.

I can understand that it makes more sense to put a program in place in CA with the biggest car culture in the country and lots of folks with coin (especially now with the stock run ups) instead of closer to the factory in Ohio.

Not saying it is right but it is expectable.
its also where honda has another test track. but its out in the middle of nowhere.

acura has been working on taking a grass-roots marketing efforts to get customers test drives. that includes track days, events with partners (local high end hotels, etc), and even taking cars out to potential customers' houses.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d13030.178785241067!2d-117.95754604843309!3d35.267581294098306!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x80c1806814123c53%3A0x88c0beaf4fda065d!2sHonda+Proving+Center+of+California!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1515184494962" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Back