• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone go to school with a superstar?

I have met this guy and know his daughter. He was a brilliant man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4329649.stm

I also met Bill Murray on Martha's vineyard. I spotted Johnny Carson in Manhattan, alone by himself walking down the sidewalk. I have been to Carl Sagans house several times, he lives here in Ithaca like Mr. Bethe. I have meet the offspring of famous or extremely wealthy people many times in the past. Just last week I meet the son of Pete Coor's and someone from the Forbes family at a fraternity house at CU. Hilary Clinton spoke at my girlfriends graduation. Having Cornell University nearby has been very useful for meeting the rich and famous.

erik76 said:
I went to highschool Jason Kidd. And we used to run into each other when he went ot Cal. He was a really cool guy.

When he was here in Phoenix, he had a bad habit of beating up his wife. Not too cool to me.

SCS2k said:
When he was here in Phoenix, he had a bad habit of beating up his wife. Not too cool to me.
Yeah....I remember that incident....that was definitely not cool. But trust me, knowing the kind of person he is, she must have done something to push him over the edge. But still, that's no excuse for putting his hands on his wife. :smile:

I was reading through this this interesting thread...and it just hit me..I know someone real well who is "kinda" famous..HAHA... My best friend Chris Farney was the guy who got hit in the face by Richard Simmons in the Phoenix airport last year. He called me right after it happened to tell me the story, I have never laughed so hard for so long in my life...Mostly it was funny because Chris is the biggest/toughest guy I know(280lb cage fighter type), and he got slapped by one of the weakest men I could think of..LMAO Just goes to show that he did a good thing by not beating the snot out of him after he got hit in the face..police came and the rest is all history now..

Damn whay cant I get assaulted by a rich celebrity! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha! That's funny! Didn't your friend sue Richard Simmons over it too? I think I read that somewhere.....

White92 said:
Haha! That's funny! Didn't your friend sue Richard Simmons over it too?

....and I bet the real reason why he didn't beat the snot out of him. Would have been hard to sue a rich guy who was in a body cast.

steveny said:
....and I bet the real reason why he didn't beat the snot out of him. Would have been hard to sue a rich guy who was in a body cast.

Plus it's hard to land a punch on a guy who is that greased up! :biggrin:

Does it have to be "good" famous? Pam Wojas was a good friend of mine in high school........ you might know her from her married name, before her husband was offed (who was also a friend of mine)..... Pamela Smart.

OK, here's my .02:
Heisman trophy winner and NFL record holder Herschel Walker was a classmate of mine at UGA, early 80's, and later dated my sister-in-law... long story...

robr said:
Does it have to be "good" famous?

I knew a few atheletes - probably not really "famous", but hey, they made it to the pros.

Not a good famous, but I ran track with Rae Carruth (he was damn fast) in High School. He is no longer with the Carolina Panthers because of something he did that was really really bad.

On the other hand, I also went to High School with Ephraim Salaam who has been a tackle for Atlanta, Denver and now Jacksonville. I haven't seen him since High School, but he was very cool back then (I'm sure he still is).

I also went to High School with a former pro baseball player Jason McDonald. He played for the A's, Rangers, Brewers. He was also at one time married to one of my good friends and I see his daughter pretty regularly.

White92 said:
Haha! That's funny! Didn't your friend sue Richard Simmons over it too? I think I read that somewhere.....

Actually the Lawyers ended up "Settling" out of court.. For an undisclosed amount of course. I dont know if it would have been worth it to me, My friend's life was literally flipped upside down because of the HUUUUGE amount of media coverage. But in the end he like all the attention I think, being on the Jimmy Kimmel show was priceless...LMAO and after his appearance, the Jimmy Kimmel show is not "live" anymore I dont think because the F-word got through like 3-4 times during Chris's segment...A very funny 15 minutes of fame I think.

Seth@SoS said:
Actually the Lawyers ended up "Settling" out of court.. For an undisclosed amount of course. I dont know if it would have been worth it to me, My friend's life was literally flipped upside down because of the HUUUUGE amount of media coverage. But in the end he like all the attention I think, being on the Jimmy Kimmel show was priceless...LMAO and after his appearance, the Jimmy Kimmel show is not "live" anymore I dont think because the F-word got through like 3-4 times during Chris's segment...A very funny 15 minutes of fame I think.
I must have missed that episode. Does anyone have a clip of it? That show is pretty funny!

Back