• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone got Prodrive GC-05F Pix on NSX (other than SOS site pix)?

stephenti said:
I've been waiting patiently for somebody to post GC-05F pix so that I can make a decision between either that, GC-07C, or one of the deep-lip styles (HRE/iForged). Anyone?

Try Wheels / Tires forum maybe?

Here is the GC-06 model on mine.

11199Untitled_3_.jpg

11199Untitledaa.jpg

If I were you, I'd just go for the GC05. Since nobody else had it yet.

The wheel made its debut months ago in Japan magazines before SOS carried them. IMO, it's the most elegant 5 spoke design (yet light weight, can't beat that). There's quite a bit of people using the GC06 and 07. 06 gives the car more aggressive racy feeling. While the 07 is very elegant especially it looks a lot like the 94-01 OEMs but in bigger size.

I have no history of HRE/IForged, but there're also plenty of people having them on their street cruizer....

Last advise, maybe I'm contrary to what I was saying above: Get the wheels you really like, don't go for the "wow, I'm the only one having these wheels" factor. You know I have TE37... ;)

The GC 05s look great in person. Here is a pic from a recent Bay Area meet. Owner on prime is "smooth".

DSC_5534.sized.jpg

The ones in the picture are the gunmetal color. The color looks great in person. These Prodrive wheels are very cleanly forged and the finish is top notch. IMHO they look best without the decals. Clean and classy.

Some pictures I took while at NSX Fiesta this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 324
The wheels on the silver NSX are Enkei RPM2. http://enkei.com/RacingSeriesSpecs/RPM2.html

Lightweight and strong. Also reasonably priced considering the quality fit and finish and the fact that its made in Japan by Enkei. You can get them from America's Tire/Discount Tire. Front sizes should be 17x7 ET 38 (weight = 17lbs) and rear 18x9 ET 35 (21lbs). You could do 17x8 on the front with this wheel, but you might need a spacer (that's what I've heard). A 215/40/17 tire fits better on the 17x7 than it does on the 17x8 anyway. You can also do a 17x9 rear with an ET of 40 (19lbs). Color is "Hyper Black" - sometimes looks black, sometimes looks "chromey". Looks sort of "black chrome". Its a cast wheel, but very cleanly made and pretty light. Call America's Tire/Discount Tire - you will surprised :eek: to find out that this wheel costs less than $900 for a set.

IMHO these wheels look best on black and silver cars. Here are couple of pics:

9023DSC01840_edited-1.JPG

90235847PICT1081-med.jpg

Wow... that black one looks great! I did read that 17x8 ET 45 doesn't work on pre '07, but wonder if they'd work on '97+ with it's different caliper spacing/design...

EDIT: I originally thought 7.5 would be ideal for a 215 tire, but you're right... 17x7 seems to be what Bridgestone uses as standard for that width.

Last edited:
My Black Car. Pain in the "REAR" to keep those wheels clean :(

mickeylex said:
The wheels on the silver NSX are Enkei RPM2. http://enkei.com/RacingSeriesSpecs/RPM2.html

Lightweight and strong. Also reasonably priced considering the quality fit and finish and the fact that its made in Japan by Enkei. You can get them from America's Tire/Discount Tire. Front sizes should be 17x7 ET 38 (weight = 17lbs) and rear 18x9 ET 35 (21lbs). You could do 17x8 on the front with this wheel, but you might need a spacer (that's what I've heard). A 215/40/17 tire fits better on the 17x7 than it does on the 17x8 anyway. You can also do a 17x9 rear with an ET of 40 (19lbs). Color is "Hyper Black" - sometimes looks black, sometimes looks "chromey". Looks sort of "black chrome". Its a cast wheel, but very cleanly made and pretty light. Call America's Tire/Discount Tire - you will surprised :eek: to find out that this wheel costs less than $900 for a set.

IMHO these wheels look best on black and silver cars. Here are couple of pics:

9023DSC01840_edited-1.JPG

90235847PICT1081-med.jpg

I love these wheels.. I wish they made them in 4X100 bolt pattern :(

Anyone have a used set of GC-05F's they want to sell?? :smile: :cool:

PLEASE!!!

NSXDreamer2 said:
good find, is that just me or it really look weird on that white car?

It's no where as hot as we seen on SOS pictures.

I'm noticing that some of these sets of rims don't have the concave rear like on the SOS website (which is actually from the Prodrive Japan website).

Makes me a little nervous, since this is the main reason I'm picking these rims.
(Tom's website has both the front and rear listed at +44 offset...I wonder if this will make the rim look flat or not.) Anyone know? 17/7.5 +44 and 18/9.5 +44.
:confused:

Back