• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have some 2mm or 5mm wheel spacers?

Thinking about buying a Stoptech BBK for the front and my Volk wheels will not clear them without a spacer. Not exactly sure what size I need but just trying to find out if anyone local in the SF Bay Area have a pair of 2mm or 5mm spacers they want to sell or let me borrow to test fit so I know which one to buy when I get everything installed. Thanks in advance.

I think 8mm is too thick. I remember test fitting one of my wheels on a car with Stoptech wheels and I think it just missed clearing by either 2mm or 5mm. I just want to make sure I have a pair of 5mm with me so when I put on the Stoptech's, that I can put my wheels back on and drive it home. Guess at that time I will know exactly what size I need to buy. Thanks for your offer.

I have a pair of H&R 5mm spacers for the front. The center bore is 70.1, if this is what you need, I will let you borrow them to confirm fitment with you BBK.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I will let you know when and if I need to borrow those spacers. Just looking at my 17x8 Volk AV3 front wheels, the rims and tires are flush with the fender wells. If I use a 5mm spacer, the wheels are going to stick out past and that is not what I want. Have to really think hard on this one as to possibly changing to different wheels if I go with the Stoptech BBK. Will keep you posted.

I think I will modify my Volk wheels by grinding away 2-3mm of metal from the thick spokes on the wheels so the BBK will clear. These wheels are so heavy and strong that I think this will not hurt the integrity of the wheels and is the only way I can fit the Stoptech BBK. My wheel/tire is right out to the edge of the fender and I don't want it to stick out past.

If I need to borrow any spacers, I will let you guys know and arrange a time to pick them up so I can drive my car home and figure out exactly where I need to modify my wheel to make it clear the calipers. Most likely I will probably want to borrow the 5mm spacers so I know it clears for sure. Thanks everyone in advance and talk to you soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I think 8mm is too thick. I remember test fitting one of my wheels on a car with Stoptech wheels and I think it just missed clearing by either 2mm or 5mm. I just want to make sure I have a pair of 5mm with me so when I put on the Stoptech's, that I can put my wheels back on and drive it home. Guess at that time I will know exactly what size I need to buy. Thanks for your offer.

Hey Sidney,

IIRC your AVS needed a wider spacer than 2mm when we tried them on my NSX a while back.

You can print the Stoptech template and try it out on your wheel adding 2 more extra mm for a margin of error.

I still have some spacers for the NSX laying around in my garage somewhere, I'll see what sizes they are.

Ken

Hey Ken,
Great to hear from you. From what I remembered, my front wheels just missed clearing your Stoptechs. I guess 2mm is probably not enough so the 5mm might be better to have with me when I put the Stoptechs on. Then I can figure out where and how much I need to grind away on the AV3 wheel.

Been wanting a BBK for awhile now but just couldn't pull the trigger because of my wheelset.

I have 5, 10, 15, 25mm spacers for both 70.1 and 64 center bores....

Just ordered another set of hubcentric 5mm for the NSX rear to space out my rims a abit. They are handy to have if you enjoy changing wheels out all the time like me :)

Thanks everyone that posted and contacted me but I didn't end up buying the BBK so I don't need to borrow any spacers. Thanks again and happy new year.

Back