• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone hear of opti coat?

I personally do not like the shine it gives. I prefer a wetter / deeper looking finish and Opti Coat does not produce that. It gives more a wrapped in "saran wrap" look and a new car shine vs a dripping wet look.

it's good stuff,provides a lot of protection,but i agree that it doen't have as good a shine as traditional waxing.for that reason, i had it done to my dd so it would look good after a wash,and i wouldn't have to wax it.i didn't use it on my nsx because i want to go for that deeper shine.

We use C Quart Finest on all of our cars we detail. Here is 3 I did last week all stage 2 finish off with C Quarts Finest. This is the stuff if you want your car protected and shine. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Cool thing about C Quarts Finest is you don't have to worry about waxing you car for the next 2 years :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:

I am extremely impressed with the shine! Maybe it's because my car is black??
When the sky is around dusk, the body-lines on my car look amazing... it almost looks like a 2-tone paint job. Anywhere there is a body-line that changes the contour of the panel, ONE side of the panel is deep-black and ONE side of the panel is mirror-like.......

Attachments

• IMG_20130904_195235_046.jpg
    IMG_20130904_195235_046.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 604
hey Pgh ...you should lather up your TB with this stuff...who knows:tongue:

..hey now I resemble that remark.:wink:.....

My car already comes with a clear bra (which is coming off at a few small sections near the lip after 5 yrs). So, I am assuming i need to remove clear bra, put opticoat and redo the clear bra on top of it. That would be expensive but would clear bra adhere to opticoat?

My car already comes with a clear bra (which is coming off at a few small sections near the lip after 5 yrs). So, I am assuming i need to remove clear bra, put opticoat and redo the clear bra on top of it. That would be expensive but would clear bra adhere to opticoat?
I know that Xpel can go overtop of OptiCoat. Not sure about any other clear bras personally, but I do know that Xpel can.

It''ll be a waste to Opti Coat then come back and clear bra. You want to clear bra your car first THEN come back and Opti Coat the entire car. Opti Coat will protect and shine your clear bra as well.

I just recently remove my clear bra. I am in the process of doing a quick Stage 1 to remove some light scratches and swirls on my NSX. After that I'm going to clear bra the complete front clip hood, fenders and bumper. Instead of Opti Coat I'm going to C Quartz my entire NSX. I will Opti Coat my wheels. :biggrin:

It''ll be a waste to Opti Coat then come back and clear bra. You want to clear bra your car first THEN come back and Opti Coat the entire car. Opti Coat will protect and shine your clear bra as well.

I just recently remove my clear bra. I am in the process of doing a quick Stage 1 to remove some light scratches and swirls on my NSX. After that I'm going to clear bra the complete front clip hood, fenders and bumper. Instead of Opti Coat I'm going to C Quartz my entire NSX. I will Opti Coat my wheels. :biggrin:
I have considered Cquartz as well, but after reading reviews on both for many weeks, for some reason I lean towards opticoat. Please report back to let us know how the application was and your first impressions of CQuartz.

I have considered Cquartz as well, but after reading reviews on both for many weeks, for some reason I lean towards opticoat. Please report back to let us know how the application was and your first impressions of CQuartz.

My first impression of C Quart? :eek: Opti Coat? :cool:

From my experiences...

Opti Coat last a bit longer but doesn't shine like C Quart.

C Quart makes your car super shiny but doesn't last as long a Opti Coat

So to us C Quarts is better for the paint because it shines more and Opti Coat is better for the wheels because due to the heavy brake dust and heat from the brake Opti Coat can take and protect the wheels better.

Both product is amazing stuff but to us this works best way to use it. Everyone is not gonna agree with what I'm saying and it's ok. We do this all day so it works for us and this is why I doing this to my NSX :biggrin:

You decide :wink:

I was driving around my neighborhood and met a car detailer while he was detailing the car. I stopped by and talked to him about detailing my car. During conversation, I asked him several different brand names of clear coat ( Opti Coat, C quartz, 22PLE, and G-techniq) he states that he likes 22PLE the best, because it shines like mirror and it last up to maybe 2 yrs if the car is driven very often.......... Has anyone ever used 22PLE?

Last edited:
I was driving around my neighborhood and met a car detailer while he was detailing the car. I stopped by and talked to him about detailing my car. During conversation, I asked him several different brand names of clear coat ( Opti Coat, C quartz, 22PLE, and G-techniq) he states that he likes 22PLE the best, because it shines like mirror and it last up to maybe 2 yrs if the car is driven very often.......... Has anyone ever used 22PLE?

Haven't had the chance to use 22PLE but I heard it was some good stuff as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't had the chance to use 22PLE but I heard it was some good stuff as well.

If you are already using a sealant on your NSX, try applying your wax over the top of it. Just make sure your sealant is fully cured (see your particular product label) before applying one or more coats of wax. Besides protecting your sealant, the wax actually adds an amazing depth to the paint.

Back