• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone here know how to take the glove compartment out?

I tried and it seems I took most of the bolts out but it still wouldn't come out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm guessing you missed the three screws (#5 in drawing) at the top of the box - one is in the middle where the latch is, which is very easy to miss.

Basically, remove the lower shelf, remove the door then remove the box. Be careful as you withdraw it as you need to unplug the connectors.

Sam and D'Ecosse,

Thanks guys, that helped! Got the darn thing out with no problem. Yes, I missed a couple of screws and the clip-ons for the lower shelf.

Now that leads to another problem...what's the best route to run a wire from the passenger side to the driver side? Again, thanks a million!

-Arlorey

Arlorey said:
...what's the best route to run a wire from the passenger side to the driver side? ...
Well, you already have the glovebox out; remove the lower tray on the driver's side also
You should be able to go straight(?) across the back of the console area - use a stiff piece of solid wire (like household 12ga wire) or a coathanger (suitably modified) to use as a "snake" - just feed it through from one side to the other and once you can grab onto the other end (you mayhave to wiggle it around to get by some obstacles) then tape your final wire to it & pull it back through.

I like to use the solid copper 12 ga wire as my snake - it's going to be about same dia as most wires you will pull and stiff enough, yet flexible enough to lead the way for you. Final tip - double over the end of your leading edge so it is a blunt rounded edge rather than a point, which will catch on things in the way, as opposed to sliding by them.

What is your project? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks D'Ecosse. You are indeed the master! Just trying to wire up a pair of JDM fog lights. Excellent tip but have not decided if I should bring the wire across or just locate the switch inside the glove compartment. Either way I'm sure your advise will come in handy in another project!

-Arlorey

Back