• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone install the Mugen FG-360?

Saw this in a Super Street article and the wheel looks pretty good. Nice perforated leather wheel and if you're lucky you can find one with the padded center. The only drawback I've seen is the price $399 - but it's only about $150 more than a comparable Sparco or Momo - and the price of the steering hub - $480. Plus, the King Motorsports website says the wheel is discontinued. But I'm thinking that's for the padded version. The Super Street article says that hub is specifically for the Mugen wheel.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed this in their NSX and if they've used another brand steering hub. Thanks

I have this wheel and hub on the bumblebee.The combined price for both is high.I would think that the wheel could be used with other hubs.IMO the horn buttons are not well positioned,as you must release your grip to push them.The pad that the article refers to is a seperate piece that snaps in place,and came with the wheel.The wheel does have a great feel and its width makes for a solid grip radius.

The Mugen hub is still available, although, it is expensive. ScienceofSpeed has one for $195, or $245 for the TAITEC unit if you want a billet hub. The wheel I believe is a rebranded MOMO unit, and is not worth the money IMO. Comparable MOMO and Sparco wheels run in the $150-200 range.

Can be seen here: www.ScienceofSpeed.com/Products/

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

I have this setup too...the prices from King are pretty high for Mugen stuff, since they're the only distributor in the US. I got it from another shop. The Mugen hub is nice, but pretty expensive. I guess the one cool thing about it is that it makes provisions to disable the cruise control and SRS w/ resistors. I guess you could just add those yourself, but it's a nice feature. Also, I tried looking for a Momo hub but they're not made anymore.

Thanks everyone for the info. Chris, will the SOS or Taitec hub fit the Mugen wheel?

Contacted King Motorsports today and they said that Mugen will be offering a new wheel here in 30-60 days. The FG-360 has been discontinued (like it says on their website) and he also mentioned that he didn't know of any inventory in Japan.

Looks like I'll wait until the new version comes out. Thanks for everyone's help.

Back