• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know an amplifier chip source??

Gerhard, the electronics guy who repaired my AC control head and tried to repair my stereo, told me that the component most likely to fail in most stereo units is the amplifier IC chip. It failed in my unit.

He has not been able to find a source for these chips for our stereo head unit. Does anyone know of one?

Does Acura supply these chips?

anvil

sxtasy,

Gehard was talking about the part of auto stereo main units that was most likely to fail, ... not about nsx systems specifically. On the nsx the door amplifiers apparently have failed more than head units in the past. In my nsx, however, it was determined that the head unit amplifier chip had failed.

anvil

Hey,

Thanks for the interest and effort to help! This website is a terrific resource just because people speak out.

anvil

Originally posted by anvil:
Hey,

Thanks for the interest and effort to help! This website is a terrific resource just because people speak out.

anvil

anvil, I have a head unit for sale if you're interested. PM me or email me at [email protected]

Back