• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this guy.....selling his 91 low miles

I remember there was an asian guy (Kim?) that came to a few meets several years back who had an all original black, purchased with 16k miles or so. Could be the same car.

interesting...

I do ever-so occasionally see a largely-stock '91-'01 Berlina-black/Onyx NSX w/ OEM 7-spoke wheels out & about. It's plausible it's this one in the original post...(?)

I remember there was an asian guy (Kim?) that came to a few meets several years back who had an all original black, purchased with 16k miles or so. Could be the same car.
That was NSX ATX / nsxatx2 who bought a very low-mileage '91 Berlina-black/Onyx NSX 5spd' in '03 from that dealer who sells only pristine creme' sports-cars & has 2 showrooms, one in New England & other in SoFL.

He, then sold it w/ 73k miles for a lil' over $20k (asking $24k O.B.O.) to a fellow from the West Coast, this past summer. It was completely bone-stock w/ OEM phat-fivez & all scheduled maint'/service up to date, and hardly driven for nearly a year & a half as he got busy w/ work/family. . .

Last edited:
Did you guys run the carfax on that NSX, FYI- It only has 19K+ miles back in 1994 and then back to 4300 miles in 1995 then it up and down like the stock market from there :mad:

Yep. Its now my NSX. The seller incorrectly listed it as a 1991, it is actually a 1992. I'm from Boston and moved to Austin a few years ago. I was recently looking for a BMW M-Coupe when the NSX appeared on craigslist.com. I pulled the Carfax, which mentioned potential odometer fraud. Remember that Carfax is just one of the many tools available to us for determining a car's history. Turns out it was an Inspection site in GA that incorrectly entered the VIN from another NSX. I had a PPI done at Sterling Acura, they knew the car history and the owner (who rarely drove the car). Service records were readily available for the car. It had 26K miles. The previous owner was a gentleman named Keiji, he took extremely good care of the car. It was always garaged, paint is flawless; and it was always dealer serviced (the only thing they could find wrong in the pre-purchase inspection was that the car was missing the 2nd key & alarm fob). For those of you who were considering this car, THANK YOU for not purchasing it!

Last edited:
solid!

Yep. Its now my NSX...
Congratz' on the acquisition, looks to be good lookin' specimen as-per the pics'! :p

What's the precise maint'/service history on it? If the 4yr/60k miles (fluids/filters, hoses, valve-adjustments, plugs, etc') & 6yr/90k miles (timing-belt/water-pump, belts, etc') services haven't been done, it's recommended to do them ASAP (particularly the latter: t-b/w-p, the importance of this can not be over-emphasized enough, due to unnoticeable age-related wear & the potential exorbitant cost in-case of failure)!

It should run you ~$2,500 total for both at an Acura dealership (after price-matching and/or discounting on the new OEM-parts), slightly less @ an independent-shop. Of-course, if additional wear-&-tear items need addressed such as gaskets/seals/etc', the total cost will go up slightly. Dave Chavez is the NSX-Tech' @ David McDavid Acura, also a good friend of many here in the Austin-area NSX community.

Look fwd' to crossing paths w/ you in our Austin & Texas meets/gatherings, as well as your interaction here on 'Prime! :cool:

Last edited:
Congrats with the purchased. Good luck with the NSX.

Yep. Its now my NSX. The seller incorrectly listed it as a 1991, it is actually a 1992. I'm from Boston and moved to Austin a few years ago. I was recently looking for a BMW M-Coupe when the NSX appeared on craigslist.com. I pulled the Carfax, which mentioned potential odometer fraud. Remember that Carfax is just one of the many tools available to us for determining a car's history. Turns out it was an Inspection site in GA that incorrectly entered the VIN from another NSX. I had a PPI done at Sterling Acura, they knew the car history and the owner (who rarely drove the car). Service records were readily available for the car. It had 26K miles. The previous owner was a gentleman named Keiji, he took extremely good care of the car. It was always garaged, paint is flawless; and it was always dealer serviced (the only thing they could find wrong in the pre-purchase inspection was that the car was missing the 2nd key & alarm fob). For those of you who were considering this car, THANK YOU for not purchasing it!

Looking forward to meeting the Austin crew. My girlfriend is a Photographer and she is going to swing down in the morning to take some pics of the NSXs present next Saturday.

Thanks for the maintenance tips, clutch was done at 24.6K, and A/C was retrofitted to R134a. Both done by Sterling Acura. I don't have a record of the timing belt I'll have to call them to see if it has been done.

Back