• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone knows a good alignment shop in san gabriel valley?

Most guys incl. myself will recommend the drive the West End Alignment in Gardena..310/ 808 9233. Darin is the man. You need to make an appt. and he is usually 1 to 2 weeks out.

Jeff

+1 with Darin. Go from previous positive experienced NSX owners... :biggrin:

need one in San Gabriel Valley.

Gardena is too far for me. 70 miles for the whole trip.

I drive to him from Anaheim. If you have ever been there, you will realize it's worth the drive. Nothing like leaving an alignment wondering if they really did align the car. You leave his shop feeling everything is buttoned up, aligned, torqued etc. Make the appt. around 11 so you miss the traffic both ways.

Jeff

I took my S2k to Darin @ WestEnd as well but I also don't want to make the drive just to get an alignment back to OEM specs. He's also not open on the wknds so i'd have to take time off. Darin is good in that he knows how to align based on what driving style you want. He also does the little stuff like check tire pressure which many just ignore. If you ever want to corner balance (i think that was the term) then he's your man.

I'm taking mine to Bear Alignment on Garvey in Mpk/El monte. They are very good as well but more the old school folks compared to Darin.

:biggrin:
I took my S2k to Darin @ WestEnd as well but I also don't want to make the drive just to get an alignment back to OEM specs. He's also not open on the wknds so i'd have to take time off. Darin is good in that he knows how to align based on what driving style you want. He also does the little stuff like check tire pressure which many just ignore. If you ever want to corner balance (i think that was the term) then he's your man.

I'm taking mine to Bear Alignment on Garvey in Mpk/El monte. They are very good as well but more the old school folks compared to Darin.

is that the shop on garvey in rosemead that they really have a deep emply central place? monterey alignment service

i have visited there and probably gonna go there soon.

Last edited:
:biggrin:

is that the shop on garvey in rosemead that they really have a deep emply central place? monterey alignment service

i have visited there and probably gonna go there soon.
it's the one with the Big Bear cutout as the street sign. They have about 5-6 stalls facing Garvey. I believe it's on the corner. It's on the south side of Garvey, building facing north.

Wish I could remember who was the good one there. There are some new guys of which could be wildcards.

Look for this sign. Its next to the hot dog stand.
l

They do excellent work. Back in the late 80's early 90's, this is the place where alot of the street racers get their alignment done including some of the race shops.

BTW, you have to call first to schedule an appointment.
Monterey alignment.
7456 Garvey Ave
Rosemead, CA 91770
(626) 280-3336

Look for this sign. Its next to the hot dog stand.
l

They do excellent work. Back in the late 80's early 90's, this is the place where alot of the street racers get their alignment done including some of the race shops.

BTW, you have to call first to schedule an appointment.
Monterey alignment.
7456 Garvey Ave
Rosemead, CA 91770
(626) 280-3336

yes. that's the one what we are talking about. i went there already. gonna call them soon.

Do us a favor... ask them if they have the OEM specs for the NSX :)

after I get my 19's im' planning to take mine there

blah. i just went there today and they did the 4 wheel alignment. although it is a little bit overcharge, they could do a much better job than another shop.

blah. i just went there today and they did the 4 wheel alignment. although it is a little bit overcharge, they could do a much better job than another shop.
so how much did they charge you? last time I checked they would do it for $90 for a 4 wheel.

not sure I understand completely... they "could do a much better job"? are you implying Bear did not do a good job? or did you mean to say they did a better job than another shop would have done?

or the easier question might be... would you recommend them?

a little :confused: here... hoping you can clarify because i'm getting my wheels soon. :)

Last edited:
PM me the story please.

I got my NSX alignment there. I was charged $100 for 4 wheel alignment. They will do any spec you want. However They do not use any computers to align your car. so if you have hung up on getting a computer printout spec sheet, dont go there.

I got my NSX adjusted to as little camber as possible and slight toe out at front and slight toe in at rear. If the tech has the time he will teach you how to align the car yourself. Very nice guy.

You can see here that my cambers are pretty straight. No camber kit or anything. Just maxed out the stock adjustment on the rear. My car is pretty low too.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Should have gone to West End Alignment....:wink:
I drive 80 miles ONE WAY just to have Darin work his magic.
You know you’re getting quality work when Darin looks at you and says, "would you mind sitting in the car while I do the alignment?....sometimes the added weight of the driver can throw off the alignment by just a little bit and I want it to be perfect."
Oh, and let's not forget the entire time I was sitting in the car, he was constantly making sure I was okay...offering drinks, potty breaks, etc and having great conversation.

Should have gone to West End Alignment....:wink:
I drive 80 miles ONE WAY just to have Darin work his magic.
You know you’re getting quality work when Darin looks at you and says, "would you mind sitting in the car while I do the alignment?....sometimes the added weight of the driver can throw off the alignment by just a little bit and I want it to be perfect."
Oh, and let's not forget the entire time I was sitting in the car, he was constantly making sure I was okay...offering drinks, potty breaks, etc and having great conversation.
Just had my car done with Darin but fyi... he does not use a Hunter either.

Temple City Auto Repair
9237 Lower Azusa Rd. # N
Temple City, CA 91780
(626) 287-6417

Call and ask for Henry. Tell him Huy with the silver S2000 sent you. He has done alignment on every cars that I've ever owned. Price and service is top notch! :smile:

Darin at West End ALignment is extremely good at what he does... He has done alignment for all of my cars, even daily driver cars. He is very thorough and doesnt even care if it takes all day to do a simple alignment to get it perfect. He will get the job done right ! ANother recommendation to West End right here. ..

Back