• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone want my NSX for a month?

Hi...

I have a small crisis on my hands.

My lease is up on dec. 20th. I move into my house Jan. 23.

I do not have anywhere to store my car during that time...

I checked into storage garages and the one place I found wants more than my monthly payment for the car...

Anyone in or near D.C. (near being 2-5 hours) know of anyone with an empty garage spot that I could pay a couple hundred dollars for?

Keeping the car on the street in the snow is not an option...

My garage at work charges $210 a month to park. It is in DC off K St near GW university.

2 ferrari's are stored in this garage as well.

The metro runs right into the building.

Its a secure building.

let me know if you are interested and i can give you the address.

I would let you store it for free with my NSX's...but I am in Indiana. The offer is there for you though.

Re: Garage

td2k_nsx said:
Thanks Mitch u rock man!

I really appreciate the thought.

You are very welcome. The offer is an open invitation if everything else looks too expensive. You can leave it here as long as you want. It will have friends with my '91 and '94. :D

Let me do the math...$210 per month for 8' x 16' with electric being the only utilities. You guys on the East Coast should be looking hard at this, investment opportunity! ;)

coolnsx said:
Let me do the math...$210 per month for 8' x 16' with electric being the only utilities. You guys on the East Coast should be looking hard at this, investment opportunity! ;)

That sounds like a good investement, but I think you're forgetting about: (a) the cost of the land, (b) the cost of the building, (c) property taxes and (d) vacancy rates. I strongly suspect that a parking garage is rarely the highest and best use of available land on the East Coast otherwise there would a ton more parking garages as opposed to office buildings and McDonald's.

I live in the Annapolis area. There is nothing cheap about this place. I store my waverunner in the winter and thats about $100 per month. I costs big time to live out hear and we don't even have the benefit of warm weather all year round. I need to move to the west coast.

Expense

Well..

L.A. is just as bad as the D.C. area... so make sure you check somewhere other than L.A.

Not sure about Frisco...

San Diego was not as bad as L.A.

Expenses

Of all the places I ahve lived...

Alabama (Montgomery, Birmingham, Auburn, Dothan )
Georiga (Savannah)
Florida (Panama City)
California (Hollywood, L.A.)
Virginia (Alexandria/D.C. area)

U can not beat Alabama.

It is clean, beautiful, safe, and the cost of living/life quality is outstanding.

For a measley 200k u can buy a nice 6 bedroom 2 car garagehouse on an acre of land in an awesome neighborhood.

I paid more for a one bedroom condo here in Alexandria.

U can not beat that callie weather... unless u count the fires, floods, earthquakes as weather. I do.

So I guess you can say that you can not beat that Callie temperature.

I should be able to help

Hey Lee,

If the deal with DonWon doesn't work, let me know. I bought my NSX a few months before I moved into my new house (with garage), so for that time I just kept the car at work. I have a perfect spot that I park mine when I drive it there that is not next to any other spaces directly.

I work in Tysons and I could just park yours in my garage for that period. The security folks have seen my car plenty of times so they won't think it out of place that there is an NSX there. :)

PM me if you are interested and I will give you my email/phone. I am finally done traveling for work so should be pretty reachable.

Chat

The price is right... FREE!

Hey, if you don't mind the miles, you can store it in my garage. I also have a friend in Roanoke, VA with 4 double height slots and plenty of room. He has 2 slots open. I wouldn't charge you anything and I am sure that my buddy would not either. Actually, it depends on the color of your car... ;)

You seem to have lots in the NOVA/MD area. Let me know.

Back