• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone with webdesign and/or Dreamweaver experience want to lend me a hand?

I am designing my first webpage for a new site. It is very basic in function, where I am going to be embedding a bunch of soundcloud.com players of my music to my website. This part is fairly easy. I currently have Adobe Dreamweaver CS6.

Since I have ZERO webdesign experience, going the easy route is best. It was suggested to me by someone to create what I wanted my webpage to look like in photoshop (which I have lots of experience in). Essentially, I have a single image with lots of information on it, where I can then add "hotspots" if needed. So, I created my design, where there are specific areas ON TOP of the jpeg image where I want to overlay the soundcloud player. I am able to adjust the size, and format (HTML5 or Flash) of the player itself at soundcloud. I then have the proper code that needs to be put where I want it on top of my image.

Does this make sense? ;-)

I figured I'd ask here vs. an Adobe forum first. Now is your time to shine! :)

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

I have some experience with web design and I think what you might be looking for is taking a photoshop of your website and "slicing" it into HTML tables that would makeup your website.
Im not sure what your asking but if you google "photoshop to website tutorial" that should get you lots of info on what to do next or hit me up with a question.

Hope that helps.

Another way to design sites is to find a site you like, save it to your desktop, change the images and code and you're done.
Maybe post of a pic of your photoshop creation so far?

Back