• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are NSX prices going up?

I have a 1995 NSX "Brooklands green" with 70K. I have been offered $70K. It is in beautiful shape. I am the 2nd owner and always been garaged. 5 years ago I received an offer for $35K and it was newer at the time. They stopped making them after 2005 so it's already been over 11 years. People still turn their heads when I drive by. My car has had zero problems since I have owned it. I purchased it many years ago with 30K miles on it and the 1st owner had no problems as well. That is the selling point, as always, an exotic that held it's looks and reliability for over 20 years. Nothing today would compare. I am getting close to selling it because of some changes in my life but I will loose a loyal friend in the transaction.

hard to find NSX without mods, They all want nonmod cars..

I have a 1995 NSX "Brooklands green" with 70K. I have been offered $70K. It is in beautiful shape. I am the 2nd owner and always been garaged. 5 years ago I received an offer for $35K and it was newer at the time. They stopped making them after 2005 so it's already been over 11 years. People still turn their heads when I drive by. My car has had zero problems since I have owned it. I purchased it many years ago with 30K miles on it and the 1st owner had no problems as well. That is the selling point, as always, an exotic that held it's looks and reliability for over 20 years. Nothing today would compare. I am getting close to selling it because of some changes in my life but I will loose a loyal friend in the transaction.

Yes we read that in post #26 ...

Sorted by price, lowest first. Highest asking is $99.5k 2003 with 26k miles, and one Call for Price 97 with 19k miles. Wow.

Like many of you - I wouldn't trade any of them for mine. :)

080d5b4fe97e83c980ca25aecfba2fe8.jpg

Edit- The 97 is for sale at Legendary Motorcar Company, what are the odds-I was watching that show as I posted this. Great show.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am still amazed by what these cars fetch used. Especially since purchasing a new luxury car last weekend and only paying about 54,000 for it. It is CRAZY! But I hope it keeps up! I love the car, but if someone swooped in offering as much cash as some of these go for, I might have to cheat on that love.

Just bought a 1994 Red/Tan for $29k. Guy was flipping it (he purchased it from family of owner who passed away).
4 owners.

Cons:

-Body is in mint condition but clear coat if fading and peeling on some spots = new paint job down the road.
-Driver side seat bolster cracked
-Need TB service done
-cracked CV boots
-couple small other stuff.

You guys think I did ok?

Just bought a 1994 Red/Tan for $29k. Guy was flipping it (he purchased it from family of owner who passed away).
4 owners.

Cons:

-Body is in mint condition but clear coat if fading and peeling on some spots = new paint job down the road.
-Driver side seat bolster cracked
-Need TB service done
-cracked CV boots
-couple small other stuff.

You guys think I did ok?

yes, after you spend the money to make it right(including paint) you will have spent enough to have bought a nice 40k 94:wink:

So you mean to say I did ok or not ? :)

My budget was 30K for a NSX then I can slowly put it back to her original beauty when I have funds available.

yes, after you spend the money to make it right(including paint) you will have spent enough to have bought a nice 40k 94:wink:

how many miles?

So you mean to say I did ok or not ? :)

My budget was 30K for a NSX then I can slowly put it back to her original beauty when I have funds available.

You did ok. If you plan on keeping the car for a long time and using it, you should have no regrets. A good re-paint will run around $5-7k, and if you budget another $5k for the service and miscellaneous stuff you are good to go.

without seeing the car and with the little info we have I agree he did ok.

There was some discussion also on this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170881-What-is-your-car-worth

Here's what I got out of it:

Rnqap1e.png

Thought it'd be fun to show an updated chart from Hagerty. It displays well the appreciation since then and also how awful web/app design has depreciated from 3 years ago, with all the current monochromatic grey low contrast flat design garbage UI programming that wastes space and fails to communicate info as well as before. Sorry I had to get that in. :)

3e4f11e80de2581c00a3fdd623f50a25.jpg

Last edited:
i bought mine 1 month ago.. same color interior/exterior it only came with like new 17/18 volks te37, NRG hub and MOMO steering wheel. Grom blue thooth. Tein springs and 41k , and i paid 61k for it, it is in excellent condition..

Looking at the trend by year is kinda interesting. I wonder what kind of algorithm Hagerty uses?

From top (black) to bottom (orange): 1996 T, 1995 T, 1994, 1991, 1993, 1992.

attachment.php

This is for #3 (good) condition car. I understand that 1991 is going up because the first year is often desirable. 92 is basically the same as 93 with exception of passenger air bag, R134, cup holder and a few minor things. There is a decent jump to 94 which has updated wheels, quieter gears, and other minor changes. I am surprised how much higher the 95-96 price estimates are. I like the targa top, but feel it was a bit compromised from the original vision - less stiff, less headroom, heavier, electronic power steering, etc. I wonder when 91 prices will surpass 94 in this chart.

Attachments

• nsx.PNG
    nsx.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
I like the targa top, but feel it was a bit compromised from the original vision - less stiff, less headroom, heavier, electronic power steering, etc.

I was in the same boat. I was dead set on a coupe, but found a targa that was too good to pass up. In hindsight, I'm happy with the targa. Like you mentioned, it's not as rigid as the coupe, but what it lacks in stiffness, it makes up for in 'fun to drive'. Also, it looks fantastic with the top off. Crappy cell phone pic -

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 266
San Francisco Sports Cars has another NSX for sale. 1991 with 15,000 miles. Asking price is $69,995.

For those who remember my other post, they had a 2005 NSX with low mileage (2,795 miles) listed for $119,995 which did sell.

http://sanfranciscosportscars.com/1991-acura-nsx-silver/

This place seems to sell quite a few NSXs. Good source to see what they sell for.

However, income in San Francisco Bay Area are higher than most regions of the USA so desirable cars sell quickly.

Last edited:
Good to see NSX values go up ~ we've had tons of interest and blind offers for ours and it's not even listed for sale.

Car values are like homes - if you don't plan to sell, the price is irrelevant and mainly for bragging rights. How much the car is valued doesn't matter since the transaction will never take place :)

Back