• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ariel Atom Crash --- Bad One

KGM

Registered Member
"Apparently a technical malfunction caused the crash, not so much driver error. Not like we'll ever know for sure obviously. Not too surprising, the driver broke both legs."

atomcrash.jpg

atomcrash2.jpg

atomcrash3.jpg

atomcrash4.jpg

atomcrash5.jpg

Yikes!

I guess you have to look at driving one of these as a similar experience to riding a motorcycle- obviously there isn't a lot of driver protection.

P

I would have that car checked out by a competent shop before repairing.

There may be some frame damage. :rolleyes:

J/K - hope the driver is OK and it sucks when a defect (and not driver error) creates an accident.

Looks like the airbags didn't deploy either.

You all talk shit about SUV's....well, they are safe.

Maybe our belgian members got some more infos on this.

Forums report a stuck accelarator, car has been in garage for same problem before. Press reports just street racing and all the bs about fast cars which comes with it.

Anyway, all info commes from forums, which we all know is highy relaible.

Forums report a stuck accelarator, car has been in garage for same problem before. Press reports just street racing and all the bs about fast cars which comes with it.

Anyway, all info commes from forums, which we all know is highy relaible.

As funny as that is, I still believe more from what I read on forums than from watching the news on TV. Those guys blow and usually don't have even half of their facts straight.

Sorry guys. The airbag comment was a joke. I forgot to use a smiley.:rolleyes:

Interesting that the wall looks unscathed.

Throttle got stuck wide open it appears. I have had that happen to me in another car and it is just plain scary.

I had it happen in a dodge truck. After a few seconds of panic, I popped it into neutral and killed the engine.

I'm wondering why anyone would drive that thing, obviously pretty damn fast, on the street? :confused:

Maybe because its Honda powered like the rest of us. Got a few magazine articles over here in Europe from Honda singing the praises of the Atom designer but Iam sure he had no intention of that ever happening.

Throttle got stuck wide open it appears. I have had that happen to me in another car and it is just plain scary.
I never understood why it's such a big deal, I've had it happen before and all I did was shut the car off and pull to the side of the road, occasionally turning it back on if I needed to pick up some speed to get to a safer place to pull off

Um…just press the clutch pedal in?:confused:

OK, a Belgian joke I heard in neighbouring Germany:
Q: Why do the Belgians have red and white for the colour of their license plates?
A: To warn other drivers, because red and white are the international colours for danger.
:biggrin:

Aaaah. I love it here!

I guess you have to look at driving one of these as a similar experience to riding a motorcycle- obviously there isn't a lot of driver protection.

On a bike you're vision is about level with those in SUVs, so you can see ahead of traffic as if you were in an SUV. This makes all the difference in the world as far as safety goes.

Back