• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Armrest/False Bottom

I have a 91 NSX, with the arm rest that has never had a false bottom, and you can see the screws when you open it. Has anyone made, or found a substitute for it. I know I could fold up a piece of cloth or something, but I figured I would ask you guys in case someone has come up with something better.

Thanks,

Dean

I am guessing you are talking about that little inner panel in the bottom of the center armrest opening. You can order pieces of ABS sheet on-line that you can cut to fit in the bottom. You can buy black flock to apply to the ABS sheet; but, that can be a whole lot of hassle (been there done that trying to reflock my engine cover). I would be inclined to just glue some short nap black felt like they use for lining jewelry cases to the ABS. Put a little notch in the edge of the cover so that you can pry it up to get access to the screws in the future.

The other option is Evergreen polystyrene plastic sheets which are commonly available from hobby shops. The polystyrene is much easier to cut than the ABS; but, not as strong. However, this is not an application where high strength is a requirement.

Thanks Old Guy. You are gonna laugh, but Thanks for responding. If you had not I would not have come up with a solution, for me anyway. About 20 minutes ago, I was responding to you, tapping my mouse, and looked at the mouse pad. Eureka!!! Flip this thing over and it has the perfect amount of thickness, and its already here at the house. Im marking it up now to take to FED EX Office to use that long bladed cutter that is used to cut big pieces of paper straight. Plus as an added bonus, I will get my wife a new mouse pad, and look thoughtful. Win Win. Thanks again!!

Dean

A new mouse pad for your wife, last of the big time spenders :smile:!

Back