• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attn: Lud

Lud,
I was wondering if you could add to the alignment FAQ, the settings you can get when using lowering springs. For example, I would like to use the new specs (I have a 1992), but I know the alignment shop can't get those with the car being lowered. So, I was wondering if you could find the best settings you could get with the lowering springs. This way I could double check the setting after the alignment was done to make sure it is correct. I think a lot of people would like to know the exact settings to look for.
Thanks

i'm not lud (obviously), however i have a lowered koni / eibach setup. these are the specs i'm running. i'm hoping to have less tire wear while keeping good performance. so far i'm happy, and i've had it this way for about 10 mos. due to the restrictions that lowering created, some of the settings were the best / closest the tech could get.

front:

cross camber: .4 deg
cross caser: -.7 deg
total toe: -3.4 mm
set back: -.3 deg
wheel base diff: .04 deg
track width diff: .3 deg

rear

total toe: 3.8 mm
thrust angle: 0 deg
set back: -.24 deg
axle offset: 0 deg

------------------
Xane Ze

There are so many lowering options and each one will result in different attainable alignment specs....

How much is your car lowered? If it is 1" or less you can get very close to OEM settings. If it is more than 1" you should be able to get everything except rear camber which will be more negative than you really want, but just get it as close to zero as possible.

I was just thinking for the popular lowering springs like H&R, Comptech, and Eibach. Obviously coil over wouldn't apply. thanks

Back