• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi quote on future manual transmission offering

and when we get self-driven cars you can always say you were the one who chose the track...

A far stretch from eliminating all of the variables of precise control. So everytime you drive a power steering car, you think that you loss touch with the road because the powersteering helps you turn the wheel faster. Does this make you not want to buy a power steering car when pretty much all cars come with them standard these days?

"I don't like to drive to work as the self-rotating engine takes the fun out of it. I like to pedal and shift my 10 speed myself or on a really hot day, pound pavement with my barefeet because that's as natural as it gets." How many people say this and can actually do it? This is what the worriers/whiners sound like. Just keep a manual car from the era that they did exist in and let the new era of cars be what they are.

Every single ultra performance car is switching to more efficient forms of shifting that can still be controlled by a human. Someone is always going to make a clutch manual option if you truly need a brand spanking new car with a clutch. Corvette has your back :wink:

The R8 had the best shifter I've ever driven, even better than my NSX. One of the most satisfying things I've ever done was heel and toe and shift in an R8. This really is just bad news to me.

The new Civic Type R with 276hp is coming with a stick and not DCG, Honda just announced although you guys in North America wont get that but we will

A far stretch from eliminating all of the variables of precise control. So everytime you drive a power steering car, you think that you loss touch with the road because the powersteering helps you turn the wheel faster. Does this make you not want to buy a power steering car when pretty much all cars come with them standard these days?

that's totally different thing, it's like comparing usual clutch with "power" clutch that is 3 times easier to push

DCT disconnects you from the clutch operation and that's it, some might like it some of us not

that's totally different thing, it's like comparing usual clutch with "power" clutch that is 3 times easier to push

DCT disconnects you from the clutch operation and that's it, some might like it some of us not

So a DCT allows you shift 3x faster than you would technically be able to in a tradition manual. I can't force anyone, even myself to like anything, but it's just a different way of viewing things.

absolutely, "DCT" steering wheel would be telling it to go left or right and the wheel turning by itself in said direction, some might like that too and for many drivers it would come out to be safer

absolutely, "DCT" steering wheel would be telling it to go left or right and the wheel turning by itself in said direction, some might like that too and for many drivers it would come out to be safer

That's where you are wrong. You can tell the DCT exactly when to shift and it will do it almost instantly versus a slushbox shifter. There is a manual and automatic mode. You can be in control of the gears and RPMs. You just don't have to depress a clutch pedal.

Back