• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

August Meet?

Re: What Joe Said

Joe is absolutely right. I've been on that road as well, and wouldn't take my NSX on it. God and the Sacto chapter both know that since I'm Dawn Patrol Scout, I'm not afraid of rough roads and getting the car dirty, but that road is a slow go in my wife's Subaru Outback !! Do what Joe said, take Butts Canyon; it's decent fun.

Change of plans for Lisa and me. We won't make it to the drive. I'll catch you all next month.

List updated to remove us:

1. Ken & Michelle (D'Ecosse)
2. Coleman and gf (NSXER119)
3. Mark & Sandy (smhrednsx91)
4. Lawrence (larryNSX)
5. Michael & Ann Marie (Cairo94507)
6. Steve & Nancy (Juejaimon)
7. Beerdog and Wife
8. Ariel and Wife (amgnsx)
9. Shane & friend (randomharmony)
10 Romeo and Nini (spartan2-3)
11 Ray and maybe girlfriend (Ravn NSX)
12 Arlorey and guest
13 Phong & guest (Phongnsx)
14 (NSX-Tuner)
15 Chip and wife (calexand) (Maybe?)

OK guys - based on the above inputs maybe have to rethink the route - I didn;t realize from description it would be qite so "rustic" - certainly there shouldn;t be any water there at this time of year & that had been my only concern until this input.
I'll try to work something out before the event. If anyone has some specifc ideas, then please jump in - I'm actually out of town this week on business so time may be a premium to find something
There are lots of options so we can still plan on same meeting place/time, just a new route.

Chiles Pope Valley Road is pretty darned nice. It's a narrow canyon near the south end, opening up at the north end. Keep going and you reach Butts.

FYI, I just completed my 2005 Tour de California. I discovered one very nice road which isn't even on pashnit.com yet: the eastern section of CA 162 west of County Road 306 (which is itself nearly the equal of Highway 25). 162 becomes FH7 and dead ends several miles of bliss later. It's wide, fast, and smooth, as you can see from the photos. Perfect except for the fallen rock near the bottom, but that's what radios are for. You might see one car the whole way, or you might not. :)

Attachments

• FH7a.JPG
    FH7a.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 341
  • FH7b.JPG
    FH7b.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 366
I just got back from a trip (work) to Veracruz and I am now coming down with bronchitis! Started the meds yesterday. In all liklihood I will not be going on the drive but staying home to get well soon hopefully.

You guys have a great drive and enjoy the scenery and lunch. Wish I was going. Michael

Does anyone have any problem with lunch @ Andre's BBQ?

They have a beautiful lake view, and I have made reservation between 12:30pm to 1pm. As a group, we will get a discount of NO TAX!!

Andre's BBQ
(707) 994-3287
14530 Lakeshore Dr
Clearlake, CA 95422

I couldn't make it this time cause I still have no tranny :frown:

I will be meeting up with a friend (TT 350Z) in San Mateo and then head over the SM Bridge on our way to the Danville rally point. Anyone want to join us and where could we meet in SM? Remember we want to get to the Danville Park n Ride at 8:00 for 8:15 departure.

Ok SF-Alameda guys. what are we doing???
What time??? and where???
Steve???

:smile:

Okay ppl....

we should plan to meet at Ikea for a 8:00 a.m. departure..... I'll plan to be there by 7:45 to meet with you guys....

so who's in?.... let's do a head count of the SF-Alameda folks....

1. Juejaimon
2. amgnsx

amgnsx said:
Ok SF-Alameda guys. what are we doing???
What time??? and where???
Steve???

:smile:

juejaimon said:
Okay ppl....

we should plan to meet at Ikea for a 8:00 a.m. departure..... I'll plan to be there by 7:45 to meet with you guys....

1. Juejaimon
2. amgnsx
Juejai, you cracked me up! :biggrin: You just can't live without that $0.99 breakfast, huh?! :biggrin:
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Juejai, you cracked me up! :biggrin: You just can't live without that $0.99 breakfast, huh?! :biggrin:
Steve

:tongue: i don't thing they will be serving that early though.... :mad:
Are your joining us steve?... i have items to give you...

juejaimon said:
:tongue: i don't thing they will be serving that early though.... :mad:
Are your joining us steve?... i have items to give you...
how bout me steve? j/k :biggrin:

1. Juejaimon
2. amgnsx
3. Ravn NSX (rey) :cool:

GF's Prelude just had timing belt snap. :mad: (i told her it was due for a change too!!) :rolleyes: :cool:

Sorry guys, can't make it this month. :frown: Enjoy the drive and lunch.

juejaimon said:
Okay ppl....

1. Juejaimon
2. amgnsx
3. Ravn NSX (rey)
4. Coleman

Doc?, Romeo?, Arlo?, Mike?, Jackson?, Ariel (silver)?, etc…
Where r u guys??? Meeting us @ Ikea???

D'Ecosse said:
OK guys - based on the above inputs maybe have to rethink the route - I didn;t realize from description it would be qite so "rustic" - certainly there shouldn;t be any water there at this time of year & that had been my only concern until this input.
I'll try to work something out before the event. If anyone has some specifc ideas, then please jump in - I'm actually out of town this week on business so time may be a premium to find something
There are lots of options so we can still plan on same meeting place/time, just a new route.

But what time is the "same time"? The latest I can find on this thread is a question about whether 9am is too early. Then there was a poll to set a time, but that thread also has no conclusion. So what time is everyone meeting, and is Starbucks at Soscol Ave & Imola Ave in Napa still the meeting location?

Chip

D'Ecosse said:
For those on the East Bay corridor, I suggest we meet at the Danville Park n Ride at 8:00 for 8:15 departure.
That's at the Sycamore Valley exit on 680 on East side

I am assuming some people are still meeting @ 8 am @ Danville P&R. Is this still the plan? Also, it would be nice to know the route so that we can map it out.

calexand said:
But what time is the "same time"? The latest I can find on this thread is a question about whether 9am is too early. Then there was a poll to set a time, but that thread also has no conclusion. So what time is everyone meeting, and is Starbucks at Soscol Ave & Imola Ave in Napa still the meeting location?

Chip

Chip, glad you can make it to this month's drive!! sorry that i have to miss out the fun tomorrow. :frown:

Answers to your question, yes we are meeting @ Starbucks around 9am, and you are right about the location as well.

Time: 9:15am
Place: Starbucks Coffee in Napa
(707) 226-5251
253 Soscol Ave,
Napa, CA 94559

Everyone have a SAFE and fun trip! btw, sf/alameda caravan, is 8am @ Ikea a little too early? how long does it take from Ikea to Starbucks? 30min or so?

amgnsx said:
1. Juejaimon
2. amgnsx
3. Ravn NSX (rey)
4. Coleman

Doc?, Romeo?, Arlo?, Mike?, Jackson?, Ariel (silver)?, etc…
Where r u guys??? Meeting us @ Ikea???

I'm a maybe tomorrow as I don't have a babysitter. If I get one on the eleventh hour, I'll catch up with you guys! Otherwise, take a lot of pics and tell me all about it when you guys come back! Let's meet at Starbucks Sunday morning?

Have fun!
-Arlo

Sorry guys - I'm yet another no-show
I haven't had time to look into another route as I've been out of town all week and just back - I think some of the guys are familiar with the last Berrryessa run so that might be your best option.

Hey Steve, don't forget to ask for Ace the manager from Andre's BBQ, he's expecting the gang between 12:30pm - 1pm. have fun guys, and be SAFE!!

Back