• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin: Proposal --> Last Sunday of Every Month Meet <--

Heres one of the videos i took with my camera. Not bad video for a little sony digital camera! I've got a few more but vimeo only lets me upload one a week or something. Heres the HD version, i wonder why i wouldn't play on prime?
http://vimeo.com/2975868?pg=embed&sec=2975868&hd=1

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2975868&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2975868&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2975868">jan 09 group drive</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1215934">kelley Orange</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

Last edited:
Is this a go or no go thing? Ojas and I met last month, and we did i see 2 nsx's did drive by. i was hoping we could meet enough to get a sub-forum!!!

Seems one of these day's I'll have to make my way down there, I don't have an nsx, but I do plan on owning one in a couple years or so. Hopefully that doesn't preclude me from showing up:cool:

Is this a go or no go thing? Ojas and I met last month, and we did i see 2 nsx's did drive by. i was hoping we could meet enough to get a sub-forum!!!

I am headed out to New Orleans this weekend to formally organize this.

Call the location and time and I'm sure we can get the folks out. Too bad I can't make it.

Jose

i was hoping we could meet enough to get a sub-forum!!!

You could always move to Houston to get your own sub-forum :wink:

Seeing the pictures of NSXes on this thread makes me sad. I'm at the shop right now and had to raise my NSX so my car won't rub in the front with my 235/40/17 r compounds mounted. And I couldn't just raise the front without raising the rear. I'm now 4x4'ing :frown:

April's last sunday is 26th...

O.k., nearing the end of April (already!)... the final Sunday is the 26th & taxes are out-of-the-way, no football, no nothin'!

So, who's game for something low-key on Sunday, April 26th (ie. drive, lunch, chit-chat by the river/lakes? Also, a good opportunity to discuss some ideas for the forthcoming NSX Craze - 2009 Spring Event (May 8-10).

A few local NSX guys have been out-of-'towne recently, but should be back by Sunday, April 26th. . .

Last edited:
Re: April's last sunday is 26th...

O.k., nearing the end of April (already!)... the final Sunday is the 26th & taxes are out-of-the-way, no football, no nothin'!

So, who's game for something low-key on Sunday, April 26th (ie. drive, lunch, chit-chat by the river/lakes? Also, a good opportunity to discuss some ideas for the forthcoming NSX Craze - 2009 Spring Event (May 8-10).

A few local NSX guys have been out-of-'towne recently, but should be back by Sunday, April 26th. . .

Im in. my car is done just working on shipping. Im in town till April 28th then out 2 weeks. UFC this weekend!!!!

Re: April's last sunday is 26th...

I'm in too. Just someone call me and remind me!!! Can we not make it too early!?

coolz...

Im in. my car is done just working on shipping. Im in town till April 28th then out 2 weeks...
Look fwd to seeing the ride when it finally arrives!

Have you considered flying-out to St. Louis, visiting family/friends & then renting a pickup/S.U.V. & a trailer, making the drive back?

Kinda/sorta kill two birds w/ one stone, so to speak. Should be a fraction of the cost of covered-transport, even w/ the one-way dropoff charges of the rental-vehicle/trailer. There were a few NSX'es in St. Louis that I looked into back in the day when I was in the market for one, and I mapped out the logistics & scenarios for transport from Missouri to Texas. Not that bad of a drive at all, only ~700'ish miles... :D

I'm in too. Just someone call me and remind me!!! Can we not make it too early!?
Sounds good w/ me. How'about lunch at some informal/chill spot? Bone Daddy's? Hula-Hut? Oasis? I'm down w/ wherever. . .

Those who wish to drive/'floss beforehand ala' "Dawn Drivin' Dudes" can meet for brekkie' & then proceed.

I'll send out an email this weekend to the local/regional folk.

Sunday, April 26th...

Just discussing w/ a few others about details for Sunday (April 26th), whether an early-morning meet-&-greet w/ a drive & lunch, or just a late-morning/early-afternoon meet-&-greet w/ brunch/lunch. Hopefully, will have something finalized Wednesday night so everyone can plan accordingly ahead of time.

Thanks for the patience, and looking fwd to seeing everyone. It'll be a great time to brain-storm some stuff for the forthcoming "NSX Craze" event in mid-May.

Re: Sunday, April 26th...

Just discussing w/ a few others about details for Sunday (April 26th), whether an early-morning meet-&-greet w/ a drive & lunch, or just a late-morning/early-afternoon meet-&-greet w/ brunch/lunch. Hopefully, will have something finalized Wednesday night so everyone can plan accordingly ahead of time.

Thanks for the patience, and looking fwd to seeing everyone. It'll be a great time to brain-storm some stuff for the forthcoming "NSX Craze" event in mid-May.

i like the late morning lunch brunch. then a cruise? Not a fast crusie, just a nice mild one?

ideas. . .

Weather looks good'ish/safe'ish, tentatively speaking. Ever-so slim chance of thunderstorms on Sunday (April 26th), which doesn't bother me personally. If it seems ridiculously wet this weekend (quite doubtful as-per forecasts as of now), we can keep it simple & just meet for whatever locally. Otherwise...

I was thinking Hula Hut. We can all meet up 'north somewhere near 183 (seems like that's where most of us reside), grab a coffee/beverage while waiting for everyone to arrive; then proceed down to the Lake Austin area towards Hula Hut via 360 through Westlake area (scenic drive w/ nice views). Snack/converse & afterwards take it from there (go on 2222 back up 'north, those wishing to do a Lime Creek / Lake Travis run can continue on, etc').

Not sure if the new John Eagle Aston Martin / Bentley dealership (near 183/McNeil) will be open, but that'd be a cool spot to meet. I'll bring a cooler/chest of iced-coffee drinks, soda, water, Gatorade, etc'. We can check-out some of the nice rides while the horde congregates. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they are open on Sundays.

Obviously, I'm open to any other venues/locales. The aforementioned is something that I recall many liked in the past. . .

I'm gonna throw the 360/Westlake spiel by Ojas, as he's more familiar w/ that route than I am & as well as various points of interests. It's been years since I took such a route. I'll also contact everyone by Thurs' night w/ something tentative. Hope to get our fellow local/regional NSX comrades from the 'north & 'south of ATX to make it!

On a side-note, I'm hoping we can build a phone/email database. It'll help keep many in the loop & abreast of spontaneous/informal gatherings, who are from the surrounding areas & aren't on NSX Prime often or regularly (I know, blasphemy... :D)!

Till then. . .

Last edited:
simple, for now...

Hey guys, anything going on this Sunday? :)

I spoke w/ John Eagle Aston Martin / Bentley dealership & they don't have the showroom open on Sundays, as well as not even formally opened yet (another 2 weeks), but the mgr' is willing to open up the showroom for us on Sunday. Also, they have an RSVP-only test-drive/open-house event in a few weeks (I'll post/fwd the invite here for anyone interested; it's not invitation-only, but they do need an RSVP for test-drives).

Here's what I think is best for this Sunday (April 26th)...

- meet somewhere late morning / early afternoon on 183 (towards the 'north)

- drive down towards Lake Austin to Hula Hut via 360/Westlake (route known to Ojas)

- eat/converse/whatever

- for those wanting moarrr action, a closing drive on 2222 & Lime Creek

Last Sunday next month (May 31st)...

- informal open-house at my place (Round Rock / 620-Parmer) w/ snacks/drinks/casual-lunch (I'll throw some 'eatz together, and everyone can bring one small/simple thing if they want, whether food or beverage - not a requirement; I'll come-up w/ some food-theme in due time as to what I'll put-together, how's Mediterrean sound?)

- drive over to John Eagle Aston Martin / Bentley dealership (~10 mins' away) & check-out the 'goodz (they'll be fully operational & stocked-up by then, and the mgr can open-up the showroom for us; BTW, they got TWO DB-S coupes as of now! :eek:)

- proceed to a scenic-drive or watering-hole of choice

So, for now: I'll arrange some accommodation (so they know we're coming) w/ Hula Hut & confirm a route w/ Ojas today, send a mass PM to everyone by this evening, along w/ my contact info' & default meeting spot & time. . .

plan...

Details...

When
: 10:00am Sunday, April 26th

Where: Meet group outside Kirby Lane Northwest (13435 Hwy 183 N Ste. 415, Austin TX 78750) which is right off 183 near Anderson Mill Rd. If I can fit a cooler in my trunk, I'll have some soda/water/etc' while we wait for others.

Plan: depart 10:30am w/ a group-drive down to Hula Hut via this route {*map*} (courtesy of Ojas). If you're running late, please call to let us know; we'll still leave but pretend to wait (/jk).

Arrival: ~11:30am @ Hula Hut*, park & get seated

* Give name & # in party, hopefully be seated promptly; they don't take advance phone rsvp's, only in-person/same-day. Parking is unpredictable in main-lot, but there are two large lots walking distance as-per Hula Hut mgr (hill above?) that I spoke w/. They open @ 11am, but generally get busy as day goes on. Mid-to-late afternoon would be extremely challenging to get adequate seating/service.

I will send out a P.M. here on NSX Prime to all those whom I presume are local/regional to the Greater Austin area, as a reminder. If you wish to goto Hula Hut directly, it's all good. We should be there ~11:30am. If you arrive before us, please put a name on the list w/ the hostess (for reasons mentioned above) for "10" w/ the option to add moarrr, as I'm unsure of how many are anticipated.

If anyone doesn't have a seat in an NSX (arriving in an alternative vehicle), I'm sure there will be available passenger-seats (mine will be, as of now... be warned however, I live in VTEC rpm's w/ CT-headers/JGTC_Parallel-exhaust & very-very unique musiq from my mp3-player! :p).

If you plan to join, please post in this thread (just for a tentative head-count) w/ any applicable details. Thanks, in-advance!

Sincerely look fwd to seeing many of you! :cool:

Last edited:
Back