• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Australia-NSW Spotted Thread

Spotted a couple of nsx's in syd over the past few days, a red-black roof with momo quasar wheels at Caltex, Victoria Rd, Drummoyne on last Thursday, and another today red-black roof driving up Bathurst street in the city, had Vic plates..

gun_200 said:
hmmm i dont recall the plates on that one only that it had early model wheels

ROFL ROFL ROFL.... if you spot a red/black NSX with 91-93 OEM rims, it doesn't help isolate who it belongs too. There are just way too many of them left in circulation. :( If only Honda would have a buy-back scheme for those rims.

Neo
rims 91-93 !!! thats harsh !!..just glad mine are not on my car and are sitting quietly in my storage shed for a collector, er with my oval tips, and suspension !! ...But there again there is something to be said for the stock NSX look, I'm still a fan either way, altho my kids much prefer my cars current look..they just miss the gruppe Mv2 note !!..with the cars look it kinda needs it now..anywho

Regards
:smile:

The OEM rims actually can look really good... With some minor modifications...

1. Remove centre caps
2. Send wheels to be polished (NOT chromed... Big difference between Bling and a revised OEM look)
3. Have some spacers made 25mm (F) 35mm (R)
4. get some new chrome centre caps (which just cover the bore diameter)
5. Get some new chromed lug nuts

I do have some photos somewhere of this been done on my first ('93) NSX in Black. You can't recognise the wheels as the OEM ones and they look quite alright for a around $100...

NSXAU said:
Neo
rims 91-93 !!! thats harsh !!..just glad mine are not on my car and are sitting quietly in my storage shed for a collector, er with my oval tips, and suspension !! ...But there again there is something to be said for the stock NSX look, I'm still a fan either way, altho my kids much prefer my cars current look..they just miss the gruppe Mv2 note !!..with the cars look it kinda needs it now..anywho

Ah sorry... that was harsh. OEM rims do still serve a purpose in life... they are great for the track. :)

I'm sorry, NSXPO has totally ruined me... i've seen what else there is on offer. BTW, I still think the oval tips are cool - even if they are quiet. ;) And Gruppe v2 or v3 is to die for..... :)

Oh...forgot another one. Visited a friend for lunch on Broadway. There is a carwash place whose owner has a what looks to be purple NSX, modded with exhaust, paint (not too sure) and an intake scoop. The number plate was DTM xxx or JDM xxx. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Danny

NeoNSX said:
Ah sorry... that was harsh. OEM rims do still serve a purpose in life... they are great for the track. :)

Nice back peddle Neo... Although this statement looks like it was so that you didn't bring the wrath of NSXTASY down upon you! :biggrin:

gun- I've seen that red one with momo's a few times its a daily driver I think the plates are like RM.025.

door- that blue 02+ conversion is owned by NSX SAN and myselfs friend Thomas he's part owner of the carwash.

mike- when u back mate ?? haha we'll make it up when u get back.

d00r14n said:
Oh...forgot another one. Visited a friend for lunch on Broadway. There is a carwash place whose owner has a what looks to be purple NSX, modded with exhaust, paint (not too sure) and an intake scoop. The number plate was DTM xxx or JDM xxx. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Danny

check this thread out Danny:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62627

Answers all your questions.... :smile:

AU_NSX said:
The OEM rims actually can look really good... With some minor modifications...

1. Remove centre caps
2. Send wheels to be polished (NOT chromed... Big difference between Bling and a revised OEM look)
3. Have some spacers made 25mm (F) 35mm (R)
4. get some new chrome centre caps (which just cover the bore diameter)
5. Get some new chromed lug nuts

I do have some photos somewhere of this been done on my first ('93) NSX in Black. You can't recognise the wheels as the OEM ones and they look quite alright for a around $100...

Photo as promised

gun_200 said:
hmmm looks like they belong on a semi trailer, ...

LOL.... I see what you mean...

However, that is a photo of a 15" front wheel! Trust me, in real life it doesn't look like it should be on a semi trailer... Maybe I should have posted a pic of the whole car to put it in perspective... Really, when I had them on the car with the spacers I got nothing but compliments... People didn't believe they were the OEM wheels... Huge difference IMO for around $100 and not the $2,000+ for new wheels...

NSXBOX said:
door- that blue 02+ conversion is owned by NSX SAN and myselfs friend Thomas he's part owner of the carwash.

AU_NSX said:
check this thread out Danny:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62627

Answers all your questions.... :smile:

Hi guys, thanks for the info. It's not purple at all, is it? :) I went past again yesterday and took some photos on my phone - might upload them, probably not. BTW, what year/engine (+IHE??) mods have been done to it?

Danny

PS: Wonder if I could get a ride. :)

d00r14n said:
Hi guys, thanks for the info. It's not purple at all, is it? :) I went past again yesterday and took some photos on my phone - might upload them, probably not. BTW, what year/engine (+IHE??) mods have been done to it?

Danny

PS: Wonder if I could get a ride. :)

if u r talking about the NSX @ the car wash broadway the colour is Blue and colour from Audi S4, its 91 model / NA1 3 ltr, that one is fully mods, it has got 6 pot Brembo.................

Hi NSXSan,

Thanks for the info on the car! How long have you had it for? Any chance I could get a ride? :) Else I'll pop down to the car wash for another look at it.

All,

Spotted another NSX today @ 9AM, red/black with chrome wheels and muffler tips. It was travelling up Elizabeth Street looking fiiiiine :) I think it has the number Any idea?

Danny

mike please man your cracking me up!!
:)

Hmmm... had a repeat sighting of a red NSX RM025 this past Tuesday going down Lyons Road, Five Dock around 7.15 PM. Turned left before I hit Victoria Road and saw this low red car in my left mirror. Got a pleasant surprise when it slowly went past.

Danny

Back