• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autostart Alarms??

Do any of you have one installed in your NSX's? I'm thinking about adding one, but a lot of people are telling me not to install one in a car like this...
confused.gif
I was thinking about a Compustar or...

If my NSX were an automatic I would do it in a heartbeat. I have had autostart in a couple of vehicles I have owned and it was a great feature to have. It was great in the summer when you wanted to start your car with the AC running when it was 120 degrees outside or to warm it up in the winter while I was getting ready for work. I don't see why it would be a problem putting it into an NSX but keep in mind that the autostart module, from what I understand, is only available for automatics. Buying an NSX that was an automatic was not an option for me. I couldn't imagine driving around in mine without the pleasure of shifting.

My $.02

Actually, I have a friend who has the auto-start feature on his 5-speed Miata. He has that new 2-way Aladdin alarm system.

(Just be DAMN sure you keep the car in neutral every time you park!)

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T
Short gears, Dali swaybars, Ferodo/Axxis Ultimate brake pads, Bridgestone S-03s

There are autostarts for manual transmisions, I have one in my 6 speed Legend. I know compustar has autostart for manuals, but yeah the car must always be put in neutral and the pakring brake must be engaged.

I've had one in my NSX for years. You can wire up a neutral sensor in series with an e-brake sensor. That way it won't start unless the e-brake is on and the car is in neutral. If someone tries to tap the brake pedal, clutch, remove the e-brake or shift into gear it shuts down. I made my own neutral sensor with a magnetic alarm sensor mounted to the linkage in the center column. A top notch install shop should be able to do something similar. It gives the car that Batmobile appeal when people are checking out and it starts :)
Will

ACTUALLY the NSX, along with most modern manual tranny cars have a neutral safety switch built in the tranny itself. You can tap into that.

Robert

Originally posted by notslow:
I've had one in my NSX for years. You can wire up a neutral sensor in series with an e-brake sensor. That way it won't start unless the e-brake is on and the car is in neutral. If someone tries to tap the brake pedal, clutch, remove the e-brake or shift into gear it shuts down. I made my own neutral sensor with a magnetic alarm sensor mounted to the linkage in the center column. A top notch install shop should be able to do something similar. It gives the car that Batmobile appeal when people are checking out and it starts :)
Will

I am very familiar with all of the security systems available being in the business over twenty years. Feel free to visit www.buzz-off.com for some security info. If you are looking to purchase products for do it yourself install, I can send product and a tech sheet with color code and wiring locations.

For remote start in a manual transmission, I offer a product that looks for the natural safe exit. Regular brake, then parking brake, open door, then turn off ignition key. The engine shuts off after the door closes hence testing that the car was more than likely left in nuetral. As long as the door is not opened prior to attempt to remote start, the remote can start the engine. If the door has been opened, it assumes that someone may have put the car in gear and will cancel the next remote start. These units cost $145.00 for NSX prime members. I also have keyless entry systems, and many other security products.

Feel free to email to [email protected]

Hey Hot NSX,
I installed the Aladdin 2000 alarm myself a few months ago. It works extremely well. It is supposed to have a 1/4 mile range, but I've noticed it's less than that, particularly if there is an obstruction between the remote and the car. It has a dual stage shock sensor, remote trunk release, and of course the remote engine start. Like the others mentioned, for the manual transmission, you have to take the key out of the ignition while in the car (the engine is still idling), open the door and close it behind you, and then press the Arm button on the remote. The engine will shut down. As long as you do not open any doors before you press the "E" button, the engine will start the next time you use the remote.
It took me a very long time to figure out how to install it in my car. My car was locked in my garage will panels apart and wiring everywhere for over a week, but now I believe that I can install it in a day, so it probably won't be too bad for a professional installer who is willing to install it. I say this since many are not willing to work on it. When I told them about the system, most of the shops in my area declined.

Good luck,
J.

Originally posted by Hot NSX:
Do any of you have one installed in your NSX's? I'm thinking about adding one, but a lot of people are telling me not to install one in a car like this...
confused.gif
I was thinking about a Compustar or...

I have the Compu-Star auto start,pager alarm,its awesome.
plus it has a cool feature that will page you if a friend or your wife etc,taps the window in a certain spot lightly,It sounds like a phone ringing on your pager,like when she's at the car and your lost in the mall.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 31 December 2002).]

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 31 December 2002).]

Back