• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Awesome drive set for 7-22 to Lake Arrowhead

Thanks...I actually just used lake Arrowhead outlet shopping center to figure out round trip mileage. Close enough :)
The plan is to meet everyone at the meet up point and make the drive with the group. Thats absolutely the fun of it !

I will call Nick today and let you know.
Thanks Les !...looking forward to seeing you Saturday.

We'd love to have you along and have put you on the list meaning you have to go now.:biggrin: This, like all group drives will be mellow so you won't go though too much E-85 or 91. I will pm you the address but you will be missing an awesome drive up from the back side of Lake Arrowhead if you just meet us there at the restaurant. Let us know if Nick can go so I can add him to the list. I see you Saturday.

Thanks...I actually just used lake Arrowhead outlet shopping center to figure out round trip mileage. Close enough :)
The plan is to meet everyone at the meet up point and make the drive with the group. Thats absolutely the fun of it !

I will call Nick today and let you know.
Thanks Les !...looking forward to seeing you Saturday.

That's great:smile:

A reminder that there is an outlet to shop at after lunch. We can have 2 caravans going home. 1 that can leave after lunch and 1 that leaves after shopping.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Valhalla (JC)
3. Supersonic (Jason & Nicole)
4. junior40er (Adrian & Darlene)
5. nemo121 (Nemo +1)
6. Kyras (Patty)
7. wldnsx (Angel)
8. NSX3tek (Chris+Michelle)
9. caliballa22 (Chris +1)
10. phryxis (Colin)
11. HGL1668 (Hugo)
12. Mark G (Mark)
13. MarineNSX93 (Michael)
14. bboxer (Cheryl and Tino)
15. Track Addict (Jonathan +1)
16. DSTNSX (Danny & Shirley)
17. racer9x (Javier & Claudia)
18. NSX 888 (David & Hua)
19. Jonathan Allyn (Jonathan)
20. dustthisnsx (Paul & Carol)
21. Blood Stone (David)
22. akira3d (Eric)
23. Gansan (Glen)
24. Joey F (Jo & Cheryl)
25. mike2la (Mike & Angela)
26. drmanny3 (Manny & Victoria)
27. LMisko (Louis & Amy)
28. AndyH (Andy & Sally)
29. 0260IWN (Albert)
30. Bulls7210 (David)
31. MexiRicer (Robert + just a one along)< his words not mine.
32. E-man ( E-man & Maureen)
33. Bright Light Tech (Richard)
34. Coz (Jim)
35. liftnot ( Tim )
36. 9doors (Nick & Patty)

Last edited:
If its ok with you guys can my bro go with his isf? I'll check back on this thread after I re enter the states ;)

Post #75 for Jason...
hey guys! I was wondering if one of my friends could drive along with us to lake arrowhead, he drives a honda fit but he is a huge nsx fan and would like to one day be able to own one. Anyone object to this? I just want to make sure everyone is okay with it before invite him. :biggrin:

if it was a smaller group and a different route i would say no problem but with over 30 nsx's and counting i will have to say no. This route has some stops with turns making it very challenging to keep this many cars together as it is and adding non nsx drivers/owners will only make it harder.

I don't follow the posts, just mine lol.

I was anxious about the upcoming drive. I wanted to make sure my car was ready so Saturday morning I had my rear tires changed out. They had been wearing thin and I figured that the long drive might be too much for them. So I did that and gassed the car up (a little 100 octane). I then put the bra on the front and did a few places in blue painters tape. I looked at the car and thought we are ready.... I had the NSX radio charged up overnight and everything was set for tomorrow. I was writing an email to see if Tom Rutherford was going to attend. As I wrote the email I started to think about the date. 7/22 seemed to be so far away, not tomorrow? I glanced down at my computer and saw that it was 7/14 and realized that I was a week off.

So had I not begun that email I am sorry to say that we would have driven to that McDonald's. We were going to get up early 6 am so that we could walk our dogs, feed them and secure them. They do not like being left alone. We planned on leaving as late as possible, so I figured leave at 8 am and drive fast. It is only 60 miles. We were planning on getting there just before 9 am. No doubt when we did not see anyone at McDonald's I would have just figured that everyone left early. So off to Arrowhead we would have gone.

I was anxious about the upcoming drive. I wanted to make sure my car was ready so Saturday morning I had my rear tires changed out. They had been wearing thin and I figured that the long drive might be too much for them. So I did that and gassed the car up (a little 100 octane). I then put the bra on the front and did a few places in blue painters tape. I looked at the car and thought we are ready.... I had the NSX radio charged up overnight and everything was set for tomorrow. I was writing an email to see if Tom Rutherford was going to attend. As I wrote the email I started to think about the date. 7/22 seemed to be so far away, not tomorrow? I glanced down at my computer and saw that it was 7/14 and realized that I was a week off.

So had I not begun that email I am sorry to say that we would have driven to that McDonald's. We were going to get up early 6 am so that we could walk our dogs, feed them and secure them. They do not like being left alone. We planned on leaving as late as possible, so I figured leave at 8 am and drive fast. It is only 60 miles. We were planning on getting there just before 9 am. No doubt when we did not see anyone at McDonald's I would have just figured that everyone left early. So off to Arrowhead we would have gone.

Please be there by 8:30 as we need to have a drivers meet and leave by 9:00 SHARP. This is very important for our restaurant reservations. They are roping off an area for us to park and giving us the whole patio with view of the lake so I don't want to be late.

I also know what to get Manny for Christmas after reading this. LOL

Last edited:
Patty,
plz remove me. I got a wedding to go at 4pm in SD.

^Thank you for letting me know. :smile:
That's totally fine Patty, I didn't ask you to make a name tag for him (did I?) :tongue:

It's "Jonathan" also...hopefully you catch that before you make my tag

JonathAn, don't worry. II haven't made them yet and will be printing off Les's list, to add the names to that tags. As long as he has it spelled correctly (and he does) I will too. And, no, you didn't ask for a name tag for your friend. :wink:

Being realistic, not all the people on the list will actually go. Thus there will be less cars than the amount listed so it will not be as crowded as anticipated. It is not like everyone will drive above the speed limit (yes, officers) and this is not a race track so I do not see how other cars cannot keep up with the group. You could designate the non-NSX cars in the back but to exclude willing people is not nice to me. Then again I am not organizing the event and can understand why you are doing this. I just do not like being an elitist with an NSX. Just my opinion.
I am thinking of driving with you but cannot confirm until later so I remain off the list.

Please be there by 8:30 as we need to have a drivers meet and leave by 9:00 SHARP. This is very important for our restaurant reservations. They are roping off an area for us to park and giving us the whole patio with view of the lake so I don't want to be late.

Mmmm...this probably won't work for Patty & I. We'd have to leave downtown San Diego ~5:30 am to make it. I'll just let Coz & Nick start working on the car on Sat.

Being realistic, not all the people on the list will actually go. Thus there will be less cars than the amount listed so it will not be as crowded as anticipated. It is not like everyone will drive above the speed limit (yes, officers) and this is not a race track so I do not see how other cars cannot keep up with the group. You could designate the non-NSX cars in the back but to exclude willing people is not nice to me. Then again I am not organizing the event and can understand why you are doing this. I just do not like being an elitist with an NSX. Just my opinion.
I am thinking of driving with you but cannot confirm until later so I remain off the list.

I think it's more about the group getting separated than keeping up. I've been on at least four of Les's drives. He's not being elitest as we have had non-NSX cars before. Oh, and I think on some of Les's drives, we've actually had more cars than those who signed up online. He's that good!

BTW, I asked the organizer of a Miata group run if he minded if I joined with my S2000, last month, after I saw a post on Prime about the meet, that invited NSXs. He hesitated to answer long enough that I knew he wasn't keen on the idea so I politely didn't push it and understood that he didn't want to be rude but also would rather I didn't join. I didn't. :smile:

Last edited:
Mmmm...this probably won't work for Patty & I. We'd have to leave downtown San Diego ~5:30 am to make it. I'll just let Coz & Nick start working on the car on Sat.

^I'm taking this as I don't need to make you two name tags. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :smile:

It's only a little over a 2 hour drive from downtown SD to the meeting point, straight up the I-15.

I think it's more about the group getting separated than keeping up. I've been on at least four of Les's drives. He's not being elitest as we have had non-NSX cars before. Oh, and I think on some of Les's drives, we've actually had more cars than those who signed up online.

Thanks Patty, you took the words right out of my mouth.:smile:

My records tell me that I already gave name tags to these people on the list that follows. Please find them and bring them. The numbers correspond to Les's list on this thread. Please let me know if I'm wrong and we can argue about it. :wink:

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Valhalla (JC)
4. junior40er (Adrian & Darlene)
5. nemo121 (Nemo)
7. wldnsx (Angel)
14. bboxer (Cheryl & Tino)
16. DSTNSX (Danny) but NOT Shirley<--- Will make her one.
26. drmanny3 (Manny & Victoria)
33. Bright Light Tech (Richard)

Back