• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Awesome! Now to get the ideas churning...

RDX injectors are a great bang for the buck. A lot easier than swapping to a 3.2L. :biggrin:

Bump (I also updated my original post).

larger injectors increase displacement of the engine? well, that is as good as the harmonic damper blueprinting and balancing the engine! :biggrin:

When I hear track or race motor I immediately think pita to drive on street and/or needs a rebuild 2x a year. Pls Say it aint so!

Yep, just need the "street/track" version.

I would be happy with 400 reliable hp... I wonder if current 3.6-3.8L builds are making as much without further ado?

When I hear track or race motor I immediately think pita to drive on street and/or needs a rebuild 2x a year. Pls Say it aint so!
Ok, not so joe :wink: I'm talking about a V-tech street/track orientation.
Yep, just need the "street/track" version.
Bingo! In classic Shad understatement: "should be no problem". = cubic dinero :eek:
I would be happy with 400 reliable hp... I wonder if current 3.6-3.8L builds are making as much without further ado?
I researched this quite a bit before 'settling' on a 2.3L Wipple FI build.
None that I am aware of are making that kind of peak wHP for the street. Chris @ SOS told me to expect aprox. 350-380whp from his N/A 3.6L. Mark Johnson told me he is working on a N/A 3.8L that he hopes to produce 400-450whp but no time table for completion. I'd like to hear from other builders, perhaps here?

Last edited:
Indy V8 :biggrin:= not 4 sale:frown:
Hartley V8 Busa:eek: = for sale:smile:
Flat Crank:wink: = F1 sound:cool:

We have something that looks very familiar, it has been dying to get into our NSX along with a sequential:)

Although I currently run a 3.0L CTSC, my next motor will be N/A. Shad @ Driving Ambition has been discussing with me a street/track oriented N/A 4.0L which should produce 450 - 500rwhp, depending on octane. What a beast!

450whp matches the 458 Italia, meaning a higher p/w for the NSX. Is this a street capable NA dream come true, or a dream that is NA?

450whp matches the 458 Italia, meaning a higher p/w for the NSX. Is this a street capable NA dream come true, or a dream that is NA?
This is target 0 for me, it's a Ferrari 458 Challenge car and its got a tad more than 450whp. The owner of this car practically lives at Sears Point (my local track) and is the big fish at all the local NorCal track days. @ 400whp, I am currently around 4 - 5sec. behind him. He's why I need a Driving Ambition 4.0L N/A motor.
IMG_3499.jpg

Last edited:
This is target 0 for me, it's a Ferrari 458 Challenge car and its got a tad more than 450whp. The owner of this car practically lives at Sears Point (my local track) and is the big fish at all the local NorCal track days. @ 400whp, I am currently around 4sec. (per lap) slower than him. He's why I need a Driving Ambition 4.0L N/A motor.
IMG_3499.jpg

That is quite an ambitious yet exciting goal for an NA NSX. I'm looking forward to seeing 4.0 liter development truly challenge modern supercars. Just let me know when I can promise my F buddies when you're coming to smoke Italian muscle. We're also neighbors so let me know!

That is quite an ambitious yet exciting goal for an NA NSX. I'm looking forward to seeing 4.0 liter development truly challenge modern supercars. Just let me know when I can promise my F buddies when you're coming to smoke Italian muscle. We're also neighbors so let me know!
Thanks for the vote of confidence Tai :biggrin: Trust me, I know what a monumental task it is to catch a 458 Challenge car, especially this one that is 'special' and very well driven.

The N/A 4.0L project is a long term goal of mine as my CTSC 3.0L is still a very happy motor. I'm currently upgrading my trans with gears and an OS Giken which should help to narrow the gap between my vintage ricer and this Maranello monster. 4 - 5 seconds is a huge margin so I know it will take a complete package to get there. Looking forward to getting closer to him and get his attention. I can't wait to overhear him in the pits telling his pit crew: "There's something wrong with my Ferrari, that damn Honda is all over me"... :wink:
photo-39.jpg

Into the bat cave at Sears Point
photo-38.jpg

the view I'm used to...
HOD5172012010.jpg

I've drawn up a few prototypes over the years,
the GM-LT engine throttle bodies have also always been on my mind i really like there arrangement.

Made rough sketch, mockup on a CTSC cast manifold.
I find it rather hard to judge market potential for a "performance" manifold for the nsx in general. (sales wise)

FI guys just gut the VISS and stick there until they go all out $$ and go custom
NA guys just stick with OE until they go max with ITB

The mid range is hard to properly judge.

My main designs have always revolved around relocating the intake line to a dual setup taking advantage of the lay out of the car, and adding more thermal insulation + varying the runner length.

There certainly can be power gained in this field.
But from a business stand point it's hard to judge if enough would be interested in a custom manifold at $2-3K price tag.

Last edited:
Back