• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad luck or what

Do you recognize my solution in the pic? I was expecting that there could be a problem in the future. Also, the cable is not in line due to the not ideal mounting position. It's rubbing within the cable in the area under the boot. If it breaks it will break there first. I used grease but I'm certainly not happy with it. This affects ALL CTSC setups. So watch out!

What you use as the boot? I ended up wrapping the part of the cable that's touching with teflon tape, hopefully it will reduce the friction. I was told by the shop they had to modify the mounting plate for the throttle cable a little bit to give the cable a better angle. In the end it still touches the ctsc casing, so I dunno.

On a side note, anyone know the size of the screw for ctsc fuel rail cover? I noticed one of my screws is missing.

IMG_0422.jpg

Last edited:
What you use as the boot?
Foam rubber, cut to shape, black, two zip-ties.

The CTSC setup has are several areas of wires leaning to more or less sharp edges or rubbing against sth like at the alternator due to its new mounting hardware.

This issue is mainly with the LHD model only due to the routing of the cable inside the cabin.

With RHD, it's fairly straight and smooth inside the cabin before exiting to the eng bay.
With LHD, the cable is bent 90deg several times inside the cabin and in fact, you can feel increased friction through the TH pedal compared to the RHD one.
The first time when I test driven the LHD NSX, I thought I had something wrong with the TH body. It was that heavy.
This is one of the reason why Honda went DBW on 95+ model except the NA1 Type-R.

So, any increased friction on the TH cable or incorrect free play adjustment would shorten the life of TH cable especially on the LHD model.

Kaz

Back